{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think of this

+9
magicman_1968
FalconEddie1964
Blue Eyed Devil
40standard
JRiggs
Mr. Fabulous
John B
RebStew
6-71Kid
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you think of this Empty What do you think of this

Post by 6-71Kid February 15th 2008, 4:15 am

I figured that I would share this with you guys since I had to see it.

What do you think of this 021408_12411
What do you think of this 021408_12421
What do you think of this 021408_12422

SO what do you think?
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

What do you think of this Empty Re: What do you think of this

Post by RebStew February 15th 2008, 4:21 am

I'd rather have a Pinto. i never did like the knock offs. if you can build one of those fake cars you can build the real thing.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by John B February 15th 2008, 6:08 am

The only bird in a box that I've really liked has been Jim " Sh-Boom" Nobles.

What do you think of this Laboroflove054
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous February 15th 2008, 1:54 pm

John B wrote:The only bird in a box that I've really liked has been Jim " Sh-Boom" Nobles.

Can't see the pics here at work but Jim's isn't your normal "Bird in a Box", but then again, Jim's not normal either!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs February 15th 2008, 5:08 pm

the red one is ugly the white one is ok......
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 15th 2008, 5:58 pm

I've looked at Nobles. it does have a lot of extra custom work done to it. If I had to pick I'd say his was the best one I've seen. I'd still do something to the roof though so it didn't look so ??new?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous February 15th 2008, 6:05 pm

RebStew wrote:I've looked at Nobles. it does have a lot of extra custom work done to it. If I had to pick I'd say his was the best one I've seen. I'd still do something to the roof though so it did look so ??new?
They were supposed to either work on the roof or the side windows over the winter so it looked chopped and not so "Bird" like. He liked the idea of a comfortable, dependable cruiser but was pretty upset at the Columbus GG meet because he couldn't light a fire with it.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by 40standard February 16th 2008, 12:27 am

don't like either one

40standard
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil February 16th 2008, 1:29 am

Just looking at those things makes me want to vomit. And then dropkick the owner repeatedly in the nutsack. Seriously... NOT COOL!!!

The best fire lit with that thing would be itself in a blazing inferno...
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 February 16th 2008, 3:05 pm

Blue Eyed Devil wrote:Just looking at those things makes me want to vomit. And then dropkick the owner repeatedly in the nutsack. Seriously... NOT COOL!!!

The best fire lit with that thing would be itself in a blazing inferno...
Well, the bad thing about this is that's two really good friends of mine. I've run with these two guys for over 20 years. The orange one runs with the white one. They are the guy's that are going to chop the top on my Merc for me. Two of the nicest guy I know, present company included. Dick (the orange one) has a 49 coupe that has been so cut up that I don't think you can find a sq foot that hasn't been welded in some way. Jim (the white one) has had such health problems, his spine collapsed and worked his way out of a wheel chair with a fused spine, I don't really think he could drive his old chopped up 51 with a whole lotta pain. The two original cut up Ford's probably had more miles on them than you Kats will ever see!! They would go everywhere including the Turkey Run in Daytona every year. Now to me it's not the car but the person building it or driving it. You can have opinions but remember some of us on here get around and have a very wide circle of friends. Some time you Kats can dish it out but not take it. So if I really voice my opnion on someone's Rat Rod piece of shit that couldn't be driven safely all day without turning you into a cripple or have the fumes choke you to death or have the noise ruin your hearing or have the Patrol on your ass, just remember that we don't all have to like the same thing but you don't have to slam others. ⭐
I don't normally get too pissed off but you assholes have hit a nerve that I can't overlook. Sorry for the language but I'm just a bit up set. My daughter and I are off to see Dick and Jim this morning about my Merc. You assholes want to chop a 56 Merc 4-door hardtop, put in 56 Clipper tail lights and put it in paint for damned near nothing??? Step up!!

I admire John B. he can post an opinion with being offensive. I think that's the way it should be.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 16th 2008, 6:19 pm

I'm glad I put that soap box smiley face logo on there last night. lol
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

What do you think of this Empty I don't normally get too pissed off but you assholes have hi

Post by magicman_1968 February 16th 2008, 6:54 pm

Dang....I was gonna leave a comment about em' but you ***holes done got him upset,,, 😢 It'll all be ok Laughing Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff February 16th 2008, 7:06 pm

They look OK but if I were to spend the time to build one I would get the real thing and transplant the drivetrain from the T bird to the shoebox,I think the red one was in the shop a while back for a stereo installation. The only problem I have with them is they look like a kit car,if someone could do something with the roof it would look alot better. Jeff

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil February 17th 2008, 1:24 am

AssholeS was plural, but I was the only one quoted here so I am going to address it. Was my comment a little brash and over the top? Maybe, but come on... lighten up a bit! Do I REALLY feel the urge to regurgitate while viewing a photogragh? Do I REALLY wish to see someone physically injured for merely owning something? Is any of that a PERSONAL attack on that person or their character? Absolutely not. It was merely meant for a comical reaction, not to piss in your proverbial Cheerios.

But since you want to get all uptight and call me an assh*le, here I am defending myself when there is really no reason to be. I respect this forum and the members of this club, so let's break it down... The question being asked was "What do you think of these?". I made my comment in a lighthearted manner, however I do think those cars are F*CKING STUPID. I am sure the owners are nice guys, but that has nothing to do with the cars. I don't care if my Mom, Dad, Brother or best friend was driving one of those - I would feel the same. That's MY opinion, and I am entitled to it. It doesn't mean you have to feel good or bad about it. Besides, everybody's got one, so why get your panties in a bunch over some insignificant "asshole" like me? Do you honestly think that no one has ever described one of YOUR cars in a deragatory manner? If so you are sadly mistaken. But think about that... some guy you don't know or could give two shits less about doesn't like your car. WHO CARES??? Does that concern you in the least? Does it in any way affect your daily life? I would certainly hope not. That's hot rodding man, build what you want and fly a big middle finger to everybody else. That is obviously what your friends have done here. It doesn't mean I have to like it or think it's cool or anything else. It's called FREE SPEECH, and I spent my fair share of time defending it. As I can tell by the Purple Heart plates I see that your friend did as well.

When it comes to things that I own or I am into... Well say what you want. It's YOUR opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. I may be a relatively young guy but I certainly won't be immature enough to start namecalling over it. As a matter of fact I will probably get a chuckle out of it, or at the very least dismiss it as SOMEONE ELSE'S OPINION. Say what you will about any of the vehicles I drive on a regular basis and it ain't gonna rain on my parade. I can dish it out all day long and I can take it too, trust me. No skin off my back...
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 17th 2008, 3:25 pm

What Do You Think Of This? Laughing
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff February 17th 2008, 4:02 pm

What I think of it is someone is a little thin skinned and another is over reacting.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs February 17th 2008, 4:05 pm

Here is the response on the rodster website on why to build one.

So, to the question of, "Why a Rodster?" The concept of the Rodster® is to make building and having a street rod/roadster all the more enjoyable. A minimum of headaches. No requirement for an engineering degree to build one. No worries that some "unobtainium" part will break in the middle of nowhere. No overwhelming fear of logging on some serious miles. If you want modern conveniences like power steering, cruise control, tilt wheel, overdrive automatic, disc brakes.

dont burn me for this i pulled it off the website. http://www.rodster.com/pickuptruck.htm some of them on there actually look pretty good. dare i say that
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 17th 2008, 4:39 pm

pull up a chair this is getting good. :pirat:
I think everyone is looking into this too much. I don't know the guy with the red/orange one but I've met the guy with the white one. Jim has done more rodding than most of us together has. I won't take that away from him. but as far as I think I'm just not into them. not anything personal about Noble or the other guy. I don't have a problem with the car even other than when you try to pass them off as the real thing. TC Fairlane has one and tells everyone that he owns a 50 Ford. well it's not a 50 ford, it's a late model. I think it's okay to drive one for a daily and not something like a Toyota. If I had the bird in the box here and the Toyo I'd drive the bird in a box. But I wouldn't pass it off as the real thing. I understand why Noble drives it with his health problems. you guys remember my bad back? I went from hardtails to a new fake Indian bike with a big spring on the back of it just so I can ride. even with that if I ride like I use to the next day I'm in the bed hurting. so with that said all this is not that big of a deal. do I like the bird in the box? not really. would I buy one for what they are going for? no way! but it's nothing against the person that would. I'm sure if you ask either of those guys if they like my beater 34 or 36 they would say it's not my thing
the forum is here to speak your mind so I'm not trying to get anyone to sway. say what you feel on both sides but as a famous person once said "can't we all just get along" Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff February 17th 2008, 5:26 pm

The fake shoeboxes make good winter beaters and daily drivers since you can drive something that looks like a old car but you dont have to worry about tearing it up. Jeff

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

What do you think of this Empty what do you think of this

Post by big dogs 42 February 20th 2008, 3:54 am

LRS30 the color of that fine ride cherry is only used in the Burlington KY area thats why its so unique i think thats mouse rod green :bball: Bet it needs shocks on the rear :farao: for some reason i have a fondness for the color green Smile
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 20th 2008, 1:22 pm

big dogs 42 wrote:LRS30 the color of that fine ride cherry is only used in the Burlington KY area thats why its so unique i think thats mouse rod green :bball: Bet it needs shocks on the rear :farao: for some reason i have a fondness for the color green Smile

Oh its got shocks, air shocks for that matter, but you have to put air in them for them to work! And who wants to ride around sitting all up in the air like some stuck up prom queen. Besides Dennis that thing could have 1 ton springs in it, but when you and I pile into it it would still bottom out.... Razz
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by da injun February 20th 2008, 8:26 pm

Why the drama? It was somebodys question that asked an opinion what people thought about the cars. I don't think anyone would actually drop kick someone because of a car that they drive, and I don't understand why somebody else had to take that literally.

If we get mad on someone elses opinion of what they like and don't like, we would all have a problem. Because I am sure we all have different opinions on cars, music, etc....I feel what I like is the best. and so does the next guy and the next guy.

The problem with the internet and message boards, people can take many things out of context and take things personal, you can't hear joking voices or see peoples expressions and this can lead to exactly what we have here. So just lighten up, Jeez.

NO MORE DRAMA
da injun
da injun
Mechanic

Number of posts : 257

Back to top Go down

What do you think of this Empty hay injun

Post by big dogs 42 February 20th 2008, 10:12 pm

I was poking fun at LRS30 he knows what i mean he gives it back to me too! as for other people rides guy and gals build what you want its your time money and sweat that went into it . Don't worry what Jo blow thinks or if it pleases him please yourself that all thats necessary : Just a opinion Cool
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 20th 2008, 10:29 pm

man you guys are funny. lol :pirat: :pirat:
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 February 20th 2008, 10:38 pm

Hay LRS30 i got a set of 3 inch lowering blocks cheers if ya need them then you can put some air in your shocks got to love that air ride :bball:
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: