{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The killer bees are attacking up here

+2
Reb Stew
junkyardjeff
6 posters

Go down

The killer bees are attacking up here Empty The killer bees are attacking up here

Post by junkyardjeff July 10th 2012, 6:04 am

Doug and Madonna came by to pick up a rim for the falcon so we went back to the shed to find one until the killer bees came from nowhere and attacked,looks like me or Doug stepped on a log that housed a bunch of yellow jackets and they got angry and Madonna got the most stings and she was not real close to them. They got me last year when they were in a stump I was cleaning up around and got me about 8 times and my arm got numb for a couple days,I am worried about Madonna as she has never been stung before so I hope she is not allergic to them. I had no clue they were in there since I have not cut the grass in a month so I will have to do some cleaning this fall so they wont have a place to make a home,they made a nest in my truck that I had sit in the back yard for a couple weeks loading up a tree I had cut down and they started to make a nest in the gas door of the bronco that was sitting behind the garage for a week.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

The killer bees are attacking up here Empty Re: The killer bees are attacking up here

Post by Reb Stew July 10th 2012, 7:10 am

Doug how is she doing?
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

The killer bees are attacking up here Empty Re: The killer bees are attacking up here

Post by FalconEddie1964 July 10th 2012, 1:08 pm

She's not feeling just the greatest but I think she'll pull through. We used meat tenderizer, cordizone and she took benedril (spelling?) Her lip and the inside of her mouth are all sollen, because I think she got hit at least twice in the face. All told I think she got stung over half a dozen times. Her and Jeff took off when the bees came out. I stayed where I was since the bees seemed to go past me after them. They sure looked good dancing around in Jeff's back yard. I think they took after Madonna more because she had just had a shower and probably some of the lotion she put on attracted them more. Jeff and his damned pet bees, he needs a different hobby.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew July 10th 2012, 3:20 pm

What were they? Bees, hornets or what?
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas July 10th 2012, 3:47 pm

Doesn't take much to piss off yellow jackets.
Don't go to a junkyard here without a can of wasp spray!
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff July 10th 2012, 11:35 pm

I think they were yellow jackets and does anyone know if they will fly at night if I disturb them,I am thinking about getting a fire going and throwing the log that they are in the fire to get rid of them.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew July 11th 2012, 12:23 am

Get Doug to film it before you pick it up. That should be one good video. Very Happy

Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff July 11th 2012, 1:10 am

I will soak it down with bee killer before I even think about moving it but worried if I dont get them all.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas July 11th 2012, 1:39 am

Be careful. they might be burrowed into the ground under it and really be pissed when you rip off their roof. affraid
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff July 11th 2012, 4:08 am

I was able to get close and they are in the middle of the log and it looks like a big nest,I need to get some bee killer that will spray a little distance.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew July 11th 2012, 4:22 am

Build the fire and toss some of those colorful smoke bombs that the kids have on the 4th of July around the nest. The smoke will stop them from coming out in groves. Some will get away and may even come after you. They are not like honey bees. They seem to come after you with a little more anger. Closer the better with the smoke. It wouldn't hurt to have a smolder rag in your hand in case they get on you. Grab the log with some welding gloves and chug it in the fire. I had to deal with those things all the time on the property. They would nest in the ground and you would run over them with the bush hog. Road gear on a 8N Ford going through the tree line is not fun. Evil or Very Mad

I know you are not in the country but we use to wait until it rained so we wouldn't burn the woods down and douse gas on the nest and set it on fire. Some brush over it would do them in if they wasn't too far in the ground.

I seen my dad run over some one time and they got him good. The tractor was in hi gear coming out of the woods and he turned the key off and jumped off the tractor while it was still going pretty fast. Tuck and roll and came out of it stripping his clothes off running for the water hose. They stung him so many times I had to take him to get a shot and have some stingers picked out of him.

If you have never messed with them you may want to rethink screwing with them.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff July 11th 2012, 6:10 am

I have been dealing with them for years around here,they like making nests in door jambs of the cars I dont drive much and I get them with bee killer in the evening when they are back at the nest. This log is near the entrance to my shed so they need to go and will they come after you after dark.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew July 11th 2012, 4:03 pm

I would assume if you mess with their house they would come after you in the dark or light but I'm not sure.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by FlattieV8 August 8th 2012, 4:59 am

I hate those suckers!!! I own a landscaping company... And every year I always seem to find them with my mower you could walk by them with a trimmer but if you run the mower over the hole they will light you up
FlattieV8
FlattieV8
Scrounger

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2012-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff August 8th 2012, 5:57 am

I still need to kill them but need to do it before I go back in the shed.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 August 8th 2012, 1:21 pm

Madonna had a one that was under the inner sole of her shoe and evidently it worked out from under it yesterday because she got a sting or two on her foot. I think that was the first she wore those shoes since running into Jeff's bee collection.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ August 11th 2012, 4:52 am

I've had trouble with wasps all summer. can't seem to kill them out. what's worse is I saw 4 Japanese hornets yesterday. haven't found where they are nesting yet. those things are huge.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down