{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Hype

+4
6-71Kid
big dogs 42
RebStew
LRS30
8 posters

Go down

Media Hype Empty Media Hype

Post by LRS30 February 10th 2008, 6:50 pm

I just heard an add for the local world of wheel's coming up what the hell.. The largest collection of rat rod's under one roof...WTF I for one am sick and tired of this whole thing.. What happened to the day when your ride was called under constuction if it was in primer, or you had different colored body panels on it..I was out the other day and this yuppie scum walked up to us at the gas station and said thats the nicest rat rod I have ever seen, my 8 year old told him it was a 54 Chev. not a rat rod..If you drive your car while you are working on it I guess its a rat rod now.. Why does this bother me so much not sure, but it does.. I'm just pissed about the whole thing, I went to a show before I got new hoop's and skins for my 54 and caught loads of shit because it had rally's no trim rings or caps and white letters on it. Was it fugly yes was that the wheel tire combo i wanted no, but I sold a lot of stuff just to get the car and at the time i was recovering from a 3rd back surgery and was all I could afford. Half the pukes ragging on it showed up in a S-10 pick-up, and a honda accord,but they had the required tattoo's, levis, white T's on, and grease in there hair yhea they were "true hot rodders", not somebody who saved there pennies and dimes to purchase and drive there car everywhere.I guess every one has there right to they're opion of what is right and what is wrong and what is cool, do I dig the tuner car's no not really, but if the guy is doing all the work on it then I respect him/or her for that.Sorry just had to piss and moan a bit..If anybody needs to punch me in the nose for voicing my opinion I will be in the garage working on my Rat Rod, damn Hot Rod, damn kit car, awe Hell With IT I will just be in the garage.....VIVA LA HOT ROD Ryan

Last edited by on February 10th 2008, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Media Hype Empty Re: Media Hype

Post by RebStew February 10th 2008, 7:02 pm

well said. I agree with everything you said. it ticks me off too
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 10th 2008, 7:06 pm

Don't take me the wrong way if you have Tat's or grease in your hair and thats your style, and thats cool. I was just saying that's what these assholes where dressed like, and after talking to them none of them have ever ridden or driven in anything older than 87, and they were telling me how to do my car. I will probably get my panties in a bunch alot more in life thats for sure, but if you have "no frame of refrence Donny "(sorry for you none Lebowski fans) then keep your mouth shut and learn something..I ask ton's of questions from those who know and have more experience than me, thats how I learn.But one thing for sure I will never tell you how your car should be done its your car and do what you will, if you need help I will be more than happy to help, but if you ask my opinion and you don't like it, remember you asked for it.....VIVA LA HOT ROD Ryan
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Media Hype Empty Media hype

Post by big dogs 42 February 10th 2008, 8:23 pm

Amen Brother!!! I do things to my cars my way and if other dont like it they dont have to look at it i not saying everything if done will make everyone happy Or fit any trend it dosent have to it any has to make one person happy Me! I have always found that looking and listening to people that know what their doing will get me where i need to be .ILL GET OFF MY SOAPBOX NOW Suspect
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 10th 2008, 9:40 pm

I like the soap box he puts me up high enough to where most people can kiss my butt. I don't know why it bothers me, I guess that when you work hard to get something or build it you do not want some one to put a lable on it as a piece of crap(even if it is a piece of crap....lol)I just hope this whole jump on the band wagon thing will die off soon, as it did with the biker/chopper thing, so those who grew up with this sick addiction can find some cool abandon projects on the cheap. Kinda like you can with Harley's now that the weekend warrior's have bought, then found out that motorcycles can be hard to handle when they try to drink they're 6 dollar cups of coffee, and answer there cell phones while on the highway.
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid February 10th 2008, 11:16 pm

I new that the whole rat rod thing had gotten out of hand when I went to a car show with a couple of guys from my elky site and my 1980 Elky had gotten an award for being a "Rat Rod". I think I got the award because I was the only one there that didn't drive a completely finished car.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous February 11th 2008, 12:30 am

Geez Ryan, Why don't say what really feel and quit surgar coating things.

I feel the same way, I have never had a completed car but don't think I've had a Rat Rod. It was always all I could afford. To me they have all been pretty cool, by far not the slickest car on the lot, but mine none the less.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by fuel10922 February 11th 2008, 12:48 am

Oh hell! This is a sore spot for me. I HATE RAT RODS!!! My first Model A was primered with whitewalls was it a rat rod..... NO..... It was a hot rod nothing newer than than the 63 283 power plant, but because no one knew any better around here it was considered a rat rod. WTF I will be glad when this fad is gone like mini-trucks, choppers, and pastel colored street rods!
fuel10922
fuel10922
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 11th 2008, 12:52 am

Sorry for the rant guys,I guess I need to lay off drinking several bottles of cough syrup for breakfast...
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by 40standard February 11th 2008, 1:57 am

when is the show in Cincy?

40standard
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 11th 2008, 2:38 am

March 14th thru the 16th..
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Media Hype Empty i have a question.... regarding rat rods..

Post by ampline February 12th 2008, 10:54 pm

first off,, i was reading this post,,, and i smelled something lofting through my room... a heavy pungent odor,,,, resembling chocolate that had gone bad,,, real bad... and instantly i realized that i knew that smell... yup, my dog took a warm and steamy in the hallway... so i grabbed a bag,,, picked up the love that he had left me... and headed to the garage.. what happened next was perfect.... it was more than a mere coincidence,,,,

so,,, anyway... i began carrying the bagged fecal particulate to the garbage can... due to the snow,, i opted for the quickest route... the garage.... so i opened the garage door,,, and headed outside... passing my sport coupe on the way.. and i heard something.... something was clicking,,, and rustling around... i stood there,, still with a bag of shit in my hand listening quietly and persistently,, trying to locate where the noise was coming from.. click,, click... i heard it again... it sounded as though it was inside the model a .... so i stuck my head closer to the inside of the sport coupe... and nothing.... and instantly it hit me... i was still holding a bag of warm poo in my hands... so i headed to the garbage can,,, finally, my hands were poop free.. .... and headed back to the garage.... once again passing the sport coupe.... and i heard it again.... "clickity, clickity" so i began pulling out all the random items that now fill the interior space... and i saw something move quickly.... i move some more things... and i saw it.... in all it's tiny little glory.... sitting there very still.... it did not seem the least bit scared,,, it was just gleaming back at me as if trying to tell me something.... it was staring at me with confidence.... eye to eye... and all of a sudden it hit me... with total clarity.... (similar to what the men who built the railroads called "enlightenment") i have a "MOUSE ROD"... it is something other than a car... it is alive... it has feelings, and i have a feeling this craze is going to catch on... (do i hear reality tv?)

and ryan,,, judging from the rodent urine stains on the headliner of your 54' .... the man at the gas station was not wrong about your car??? he was merely wrong about which species used to reside within... enjoy
ampline
ampline
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-02-06

http://www.myspace.com/ampline

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 12th 2008, 11:19 pm

See I knew some one would clarify this for me.....I'm pretty sure that the droppings we removed when we drug the 54 home were that of a RAT, or a Fernald Mouse, I here they grow them big over there..So I guess I do have a "RAT TURD ROD".. And any way I'm getting fond of the smell....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous February 12th 2008, 11:35 pm

If it's a RAT rod, does it have to have a 396/427 in it??
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 12th 2008, 11:39 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:If it's a RAT rod, does it have to have a 396/427 in it??

Those are truck motors right?
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous February 12th 2008, 11:54 pm

LRS30 wrote:Those are truck motors right?

I thought they were GM hi- performance motors.............
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 13th 2008, 12:09 am

oh god, you guys are killing me. Kevin you are nuts . lol in a good way though.... Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 13th 2008, 12:22 am

nope pretty sure they are truck motor's...Oh wait a minute I did hear of a guy that did put one in his car, because he was trying to over compensate for his manhood, or lack there of...
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous February 13th 2008, 2:07 pm

I guess your right, there is somebody with one of those in a rusty, crusty old truck!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 13th 2008, 6:03 pm

Very Happy i like to go fast sometimes
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Media Hype Empty medis hype

Post by big dogs 42 February 13th 2008, 6:44 pm

Hay rebstew you said you like to go fast sometimes you been test driveing new mustang gts again! affraid lol!
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down