{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C60 and a heavy duty trailer

3 posters

Go down

C60 and a heavy duty trailer Empty C60 and a heavy duty trailer

Post by fredtheprophet February 9th 2008, 2:19 am

I found out about this today.

C60, I didnt get the year, 427 gas with a newish edelbrock carb, 5 speed+2 speed rear with air brakes. Hooked to it is about a 24' trailer, tandem axle with dual wheels on both axles, the deck looks good.

Sitting just out of the picture is a pretty good size dozer that someone is interested in.

the story goes, a guy came out to do some logging on the old farm... he never finished the job and owes the property owner something like $5,000. I'm getting the title paperwork figured out and he's checking with his attorney about getting a few letters sent.

the majority of the money is coming from selling that dozer, I asked him to make up a number and he said $2,000 for the truck and trailer. the truck was driven in 2 or 3 years ago

C60 and a heavy duty trailer C60

fredtheprophet
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

C60 and a heavy duty trailer Empty Re: C60 and a heavy duty trailer

Post by RebStew February 9th 2008, 2:23 am

is the dozer sold?
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by fredtheprophet February 9th 2008, 2:31 am

its not going anywhere yet, he just said someone was interested. I think the whole lot would sell for $5,000.
I dont know the model on it. it's a big tracked dozer, cat yellow but the number on it was JD something something. it was running but wasnt pulling as hard as it should, property owner said it might be a head gasket. the guy that owned it before took the batteries out of everything and I think the truck has no keys.

I'll make a call tomorrow when I get all the paperwork together.

he's not concerned about papers on the dozer, but he is going to talk to his attorney again before we start dragging stuff out.

fredtheprophet
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky February 9th 2008, 2:33 am

I love those old trucks. dad has a rollback, same body style.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by fredtheprophet February 22nd 2008, 12:04 am

I'm first in line for the truck and trailer. He wants me to go ahead and try to title it in my name. I've got a list of things to get, starting with the VIN when the weather clears up.

fredtheprophet
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 22nd 2008, 12:26 am

i may be interested in the dozer if you can get me a price. I don't need a title as long as he gives me a bill or sales. have cash in hand tell him.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by fredtheprophet March 1st 2008, 5:22 am

I talked to him today. The neighbor is taking the dozer and I have to get the truck loaded onto the trailer and up to an impound lot a friend of mine runs. after that, it's registered letters and we go from there.

there's a decent 23'(ish) I/O cuddy cabin boat out of the 80's out on that farm too, that one is $500 and I'm going to look it over this weekend with any luck... the tandem axle trailer is probably worth that. I'll get all the information I can on this stuff and update you if anything changes.

fredtheprophet
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down