{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter

+12
John B
Truxter Fordly
Mr. Fabulous
Reb Stew
Newbie Nate
junkyardjeff
Chris55
JRiggs
Motor Head
RebStew
Arieldouglas
Lady rebel
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter - Page 4 Empty Re: Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter

Post by Motor Head June 28th 2012, 2:32 am

Well now, let me tell you, I aint no Chip Foose. Maybe Chipped Tooth, or something like that, at least after the wrench fell down. I am hoping to get it all done, if not, I'll just go as is, and still enjoy myself. That's the whole idea. It's never completely done, always morphing and in progress. That's what helps to keep me feeling young. Especialy since I'll be laid up as of August. At least that's what the V.A. has intended for me. Shoulder work getting done. Good thing there's an automatic in this one, at least for now that is.
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2012-01-26

http://www.HotRod-Haven.com

Back to top Go down

Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter - Page 4 Empty Re: Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter

Post by Mr. Fabulous June 28th 2012, 2:40 am

Don't forget the photo coverage. How may enteries do you think they'll have? I haven't been able to do anything yet this summer. I still hope to take in one of the two Goodguys shows in the area this summer. I take it thatit's your right shoulder.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Head June 28th 2012, 4:14 am

Nope, left shoulder. I plan on taking tons of pics. Hope some of them are as good as several years ago, when one dude with a low-rider, broke an upper ball joint, and the left front tire flopped right in the middle of an intersection right on the cruise route. Other than that, hoping to enjoy the time till then.
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Head August 2nd 2012, 5:01 am

Well, I know this is late, yet better late than not at all. CarCraft was a hoot. Good times were had by one an all. I got to roll around the fairgrounds, with open pipes, and even got my brother out of his wheel chair, into the hotrod, and blasted a toot in the hotrod. He had a riot, or at least he said that. Now for the down side, nothing broke on the hotrod, I just get to go in tomorrow and have a shoulder re-build. Old injury from my days in the adult boy scouts, aka U.S. Army. During my convelessence, I hope I spelt that right, I'll do my best to one arm the computer, and get some pics up for one and all to see. I hope everyone is enjoying the weather, where ever you may be. Till I am released from the V.A., happy motoring.
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew August 2nd 2012, 5:51 am

Shame about your shoulder. Hope you feel better.
Nice to hear you got your brother out for some fun. That's always a plus!
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Brownie August 2nd 2012, 12:04 pm

Good luck on the shoulder rebuild. hope it all goes smooth. Looking forward to the pictures.
Brownie
Brownie
Scrounger

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2011-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 August 2nd 2012, 1:20 pm

Brownie wrote:Good luck on the shoulder rebuild. hope it all goes smooth. Looking forward to the pictures.

Same here. A fellow here at work had his knees rebuilt and he's doing great. Hope your shoulder does as well. I'm interested in the pics also. Want to see if the event looks anything like it did years ago. I know the cars will be newer but that thing used to be a riot. (that might be a bad discription) The place used to be drunk with horsepower.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Head August 8th 2012, 3:20 am

Well there, one and all, you are still stuck with me, as long as you choose to read my posts.
All went well with the shoulder surgery. Working as a one armed typist for now. I do have some new pictures on my web site, of the motor build for the 75. It was built about 4 years ago, a .060 over 327 with some goodies, as you will see. Some of them you realy have to look for, as they are kind of suttle. During my down time from primary employment, I'll work on getting more pictures up on line. I even stumbled across some from severaly years ago.
To one and all, thanks for the well wishes, they are appreciated.
Sincerely, Dan aka: Motor Head
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew August 8th 2012, 3:29 am

Glad everything went good. Don't over do it and do the therapy. It helps. cheers
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas August 8th 2012, 3:46 am

Great Dan. We will be looking for more of you and the pics.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Brownie August 8th 2012, 12:17 pm

Good deal! Looking forward to those Pics.
Brownie
Brownie
Scrounger

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2011-11-30

Back to top Go down

Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter - Page 4 Empty Motor Head's ride at CarCraft 2012 with new hood

Post by Motor Head November 22nd 2012, 7:35 am

Ok, Here goes. I hope I can follow simple directions. Some pictures from CarCraft 2012. I know, it's been long enough that snow could have fallen in Florida for crying out loud. I never said I was the fastes thing on 4 wheels. Just looks fast. I'll post more as I dig them out.Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter - Page 4 Pictur14Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter - Page 4 Pictur15Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter - Page 4 Pictur16Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter - Page 4 Pictur17
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Head November 22nd 2012, 7:40 am

These are from one of the other car shows.
Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter - Page 4 Dsc01010Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter - Page 4 Dsc01011Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter - Page 4 Dsc01610Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter - Page 4 Dsc01012Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter - Page 4 Dsc01013Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter - Page 4 Dsc01510
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Head November 22nd 2012, 7:44 am

So, I hope one and all are doing smurfy for the Thanksgiving day. Yes, it is Thanksgiving, it's 00:41 on the 22nd of November. Now that I can get pictures up here, I'll do better at posting. Hopefully I can get them up on my web site, so all you need do is jump over there, don't land too hard, may hurt the back side a tad, an open some links. I'll let one and all know when that is up and working to my satisfactions. Anyhoo, Keep Smiling.
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Head November 22nd 2012, 8:11 am

Ok, here goes. This is a link to my first time out to the strip in 35 years. My good buddy La, has the orange Nova, and runs right befor me. As you can see, if you watch all the way thru, I haze the tires all the way down the 1/8 mile. Quite impressive for a .060 over 327.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPdKR8YYEL8&feature=plcp
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 November 22nd 2012, 11:44 am

Both those cars sound Awsome. Nice run.
Marty042
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew November 22nd 2012, 12:47 pm

Very cool! The drag strip looks like it was a fun day.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4