{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

26'-27' Model T coupe question?

3 posters

Go down

26'-27' Model T coupe question? Empty 26'-27' Model T coupe question?

Post by RustyKarr January 30th 2008, 3:15 am

I got a guy right now wanting to trade me a Model T coupe thats on a custom frame Its already been z'd and channeled and is a longer wheel base. He said there is some cancer but i haven't seen pics yet. Unchopped roof (In which i would chop) Tha has metal instead of wood already, Doors, deck lid, running boards all there. My main question is how would i go about title work? Would i talk to Broadway title or search the hamb and shows. Just curious.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

26'-27' Model T coupe question? Empty Re: 26'-27' Model T coupe question?

Post by RebStew January 30th 2008, 5:16 am

if there is a VIN on it already you can get one through a title company. I've use them before it will run you around 125 bucks. If not you will need to get a VIN through the DMV. I haven't done that but I have the paperwork here if you go that way. You will need all the reciepts from the build and VIN # of the cars you used as parts cars for the project. a cop will come and inspect the car and let you know where to put the Vin. then frankfort will send the okay to the dmv. then you can get a title
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil January 30th 2008, 3:23 pm

There won't be a VIN on it. All Model T's went by engine number only, so if that is gone then your number is gone. Your best bet will be through a private seller. Prepare to shell out some cash though, especially if you want an actual Ford title. They keep going up in price...
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down