{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Winter Project

4 posters

Go down

My Winter Project Empty My Winter Project

Post by SMOKNZ September 19th 2011, 9:45 pm

Being I don't build cars any longer because of health issues, I will be chroming out my engine on my Z. My plans have been drawn up and I plan to start in November and will finish up by April or May of next year. Although I will not have updated pics during this build up, being I plan to purchase the parts through the Winter months and put them all on at the end of April. I may send in pics of the the parts before applying them.

Also, I have plans in re-painting my hood and nose in this process, as well as fixing all the scratches. I will send in pics of this as I go, but will not start on the painting until February. My car is primarily housed in a garage in the Winter Months and will not move until Spring.

Last edited by SMOKNZ on April 24th 2012, 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
SMOKNZ
SMOKNZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

My Winter Project Empty Re: My Winter Project

Post by JRiggs September 21st 2011, 8:26 am

thought of painting any of that plastic?
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by SMOKNZ September 21st 2011, 7:04 pm

The front bumper was already painted this past Spring. And the rear is fine. Although after I paint the hood, I may have to repaint the entire car, depending if I can match the paint on the car.
SMOKNZ
SMOKNZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster September 21st 2011, 7:11 pm

Chrome looks good, but smoothing and powder coating looks good without all the polishing!
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by SMOKNZ September 21st 2011, 7:14 pm

HaHa, I know what your talking about now. Most of the plastic that you see will be chromed. I have some big plans for the Z, and a little different than most that I've seen out there.

It will look sort of like the below pic, but I'm not giving it any carbon fiber, like this car has. But you can get an idea what it will look like after I finish it.

Last edited by SMOKNZ on April 24th 2012, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
SMOKNZ
SMOKNZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by SMOKNZ September 21st 2011, 7:24 pm

Roller Coaster wrote:Chrome looks good, but smoothing and powder coating looks good without all the polishing!

I had over a year to think about it. Was going to leave it original, but I'm not happy not fixing it the way I would like to. I don't mind polishing though, being I clean my car every week. I usually spend 4 hrs a week, just on the engine bay. I understand where you are coming from on the powder coat. I guess you can say that I'm a chrome guy and always have been.
SMOKNZ
SMOKNZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by SMOKNZ April 24th 2012, 8:22 pm

Update: I hadn't done anything to my engine because of health issues and this project has been pushed back a year. I did purchase a few parts and my Son has installed them for me, which were not that much.

I purchased Clear Corner Light housings on the front and rear and Raleigh installed them for me to put onto my Z. They look like the ones he has on his in the below pics.

Below are pics of Raleigh's (Son's) Z that he is slowly fixing. A few weeks ago, he primer-ed his front clip as you can see what it looked like before. He wrecked his Z back in '03 and he is slowly getting it back up to par. We still need to cut out the rear quarters and weld on another wrap around panel and get the car ready for paint.

Yesterday, he picked up his Twin Turbo engine from storage and is getting ready to rebuild. I will post pics as he rebuilds. If I can get around a little bit more this Summer, I will add pics of mine as well. The last Pic is all of the Z's I owned at once, but gave my Son one on his 18th B-Day and the other one I gave to a good friend of mine.

My Winter Project Raleighsz3

My Winter Project Raleighsz5

My Winter Project Raleighsz4

My Winter Project Raleighsdansandmyzinbackground

SMOKNZ
SMOKNZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 24th 2012, 10:40 pm