{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

juice brakes

3 posters

Go down

juice brakes Empty juice brakes

Post by dieseldr September 12th 2011, 2:09 am

Back in July I posted a need for spindles, backing plates, etc, etc for replacing the maniacal (mechanical) brakes on my 34 fordor. I got sidetracked by 473,961 different things here at home and never had much time to pursue this....... Soooooooooooo here I am again at your mercy looking for this stuff and if anyone has any of this stuff laying around let me know. Unfortunately a guy up here in NY just lost his lease on the shop he was in and scrapped 3 sets of this stuff, so I missed out all the way around. Would like to find it all close to NY, because of freight costs, but you gets what you can where you can. Also looking for a dropped axle if anyone knows where one is. Got some musclecar era ford stuff laying around if anyone wants to swap stuff, and some 5.0 stuff. Thanks.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

juice brakes Empty Re: juice brakes

Post by junkyardjeff September 12th 2011, 2:54 am

Take a vacation and come on down to the Dayton Ohio area and I will show you where some are in a local junkyard,I will be taking my vacation the week of the 19 to 23 for some serious junkyarding.

Last edited by junkyardjeff on September 12th 2011, 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more words)

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr September 12th 2011, 9:22 pm

I should do that, my wife has family in that area, I believe north of Dayton.....he works for Crane pumps, I 'm sure he would put us upfor a day or two. Keep you posted.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr August 18th 2013, 3:17 am

Didn't get my juice brakes yet, but I did get an original grille for this thing, for a V-8 model no less, and an outstanding V-8 radiator.... now to keep at it and get some brakes.... and I just might leave the original rear end in it.... then again, I think the 8 inch idea is far better. If I can find a couple little sheetmetal pieces around the grille/radiator, get some brakes, and find a 3 speed flathead shift lever, I could make this thing run and drive!
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew August 18th 2013, 5:19 pm

junkyardjeff wrote:Take a vacation and come on down to the Dayton Ohio area and I will show you where some are in a local junkyard,I will be taking my vacation the week of the 19 to 23 for some serious junkyarding.
I wouldn't mind tagging along. I'm due for some yard time!
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr August 18th 2013, 6:26 pm

Looking at the dates, it's hard to imagine I put that on almost 2 years ago. Anyhow, I would still like to make it down to the dayton area and visit both the mrs' family, and your boneyards. Keep one thing in mind- I grew up in a boneyard- up till about ten years old, then we had to thin out to satisfy the NY state thing, but we never quit playing in the hobby, there is still stuff laying around, but at a much smaller scale- it least it doesn't look like a junkyard here now. No better upbringing for a kid than to be raised in a junkyard.... just my opinion, for what it's worth. Hope to get down there soon, will keep somebody posted.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down