{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning out the barn.

4 posters

Go down

Cleaning out the barn. Empty Cleaning out the barn.

Post by dieseldr May 5th 2011, 3:22 am

Having sold the cars, I have for sale a grille support and center section for a 70-71 torino for the hideaway headlight grille. These parts are new old stock, in new condition. Don't know how popular ford musclecar era stuff is amongst you folks, but I have these listed on a couple brand specific sites and although there is tons of interest in them, nobody is following through on them. Also have assorted parts for 69 mustang fastback, 351C 4 bolt main block, some cleveland 4V heads, early 289 5 bolt bell hsg complete engine in pieces with early falcon (I believe) 4 speed. 8RT and EAB flathead engines, one with 4 speed trans. Selling in your area will likely be difficult due to me being in NY, but hey, you never know.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Cleaning out the barn. Empty Re: Cleaning out the barn.

Post by RebStew May 5th 2011, 5:43 pm

Long way to run for parts but yeah, ya never know. What kind of money are you getting out of your 351 4 barrel heads?
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr May 6th 2011, 2:50 am

They are open chamber, so I guess to most people they are not as desirable, but to avoid the risk of beating around the bush, how's $75/pr. They are bare and will need total rework. The blocks sell much quicker up here than the heads do- most guys are using the old 351M/400 head to retain the small port and get their hardened seats in the package. Let me know.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Truxter Fordly May 8th 2011, 3:58 am

dieseldr wrote: early 289 5 bolt bell hsg complete engine in pieces with early falcon (I believe) 4 speed.

Is the 4 speed a top loader or a BW T10? Small bolt pattern on the front case where it bolts to the bell housing or a dual bolt pattern? A Falcon 4 speed will have the bosses for the shifter mount placed as far forward on the tailshaft as possible. A lot of early Mustang transmissions have these bosses but they aren't tapped for the shifter. Post a couple of pictures if you can. There are a couple of Falcon guys on here that might have some interest......
Truxter Fordly
Truxter Fordly
OH Chapter President

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr May 8th 2011, 9:31 pm

I'll check it out- I don't think it is a T-10, but I will make sure, get you some numbers off the tag, and see if I can get a picture.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr May 9th 2011, 1:57 am

It is a toploader. Shifter bosses are toward the rear of tailshaft, and speedo is RH. Looks a lot like Mustang to me. Tag indicates HEH-CL.... Once upon a time I had a manual that told me what all those codes meant, but like many things I had that were useful, they either found a new home, or I put them away so well even I couldn't find them!
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by TurboPinto May 9th 2011, 11:04 pm

1966 Fairlane 390 GT wide ratio 28-spline output

http://www.4speedtoploaders.com/idchart1.htm
TurboPinto
TurboPinto
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr May 10th 2011, 3:17 am

Hey, thanks for the application info. I might save that and put it behind my 428 (even though it ain't big input). Whats the worst it would do--grenade? I'll probably put a C-4 behind it, I got 3 spare toploaders so I think I can let this one go.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down