{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There Comes A Time When You Have To Stand Up And Shout

5 posters

Go down

There Comes A Time When You Have To Stand Up And Shout Empty There Comes A Time When You Have To Stand Up And Shout

Post by Roller Coaster April 5th 2011, 2:46 pm

I am aware that my actions this show season will have a much greater impact the local event promoters, local businesses, and local charities than on the true cause of my frustration. And I apologize in advance, but “there comes a time when you have to stand up and shout” and I believe that there is no better time than the present. Therefore, I have made a conscious decision that neither of my recreational vehicles (Roller Coaster or the Stylemaster) will be driven to and/or participate in events until the price of fuel is at or below $3.499.

I am aware that my actions alone are not enough to have an impact, yet I firmly believe that others are going following my practice this show season.
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

There Comes A Time When You Have To Stand Up And Shout Empty Re: There Comes A Time When You Have To Stand Up And Shout

Post by RebStew April 5th 2011, 3:35 pm

I have been thinking about this a lot. We do a lot of runs in one year. I have been trying hard to limit the milage to help with the gas issue. I have one figured out so far. It's nuts. I think hot rodding this year will be slow for all cruises, car show ect. With the economy in the tank and gas 3 times higher than it needs to be I don't see anyone doing what they use to. The Scroungers CC are gonna try our best to make it a nice summer but we will feel the crunch at the pumps like everyone else or even more. With some of our cars only get 10 to 15 MPG it's rough. I think we may need to go back to our early roots of hanging out on corners with our cars parked on the street if things don't pick up. Very Happy
I see a lot of local cruising campared to going on long hauls this year.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

There Comes A Time When You Have To Stand Up And Shout Empty Re: There Comes A Time When You Have To Stand Up And Shout

Post by JRiggs April 5th 2011, 3:44 pm

I did see quit a few @ filmores in florence this pass sunday Smile
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster April 6th 2011, 9:15 pm

Roller Coaster wrote:NEWS FLASH! If we do not support local vendors, promoters, and shows they will eventually go away!
While researching a response to a poster on another forum, I located an old post of mine from October 5, 2010 on another forum that is related to this very subject and was extremely enlightening. I was obviously thinking much more clearly then, and recently my judgment has be skewed due to external influences causing stress. I believe that I may need to have a “mental health day” at the farm in Fleming County and consider reevaluating my previous decision.
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis April 6th 2011, 10:28 pm

Roller Coaster wrote: “mental health day” at the farm in Fleming County

Sounds good. I'll take one of those.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky April 7th 2011, 2:00 am

In the last couple of years I haven't been to many shows or cruise ins. Use to go to Bowling Green every week to a local cruise in. I try to make it to Somerset at least once a year and the hot rod reunion.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down