{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How hard is it to find 64-66 chevy truck parts?

3 posters

Go down

How hard is it to find 64-66 chevy truck parts? Empty How hard is it to find 64-66 chevy truck parts?

Post by junkyard junky January 9th 2008, 2:43 am

I've been looking for a 64-66 chevy truck. Just about ever one of those truck has some rust issues in the fenders, inner fenders rocker and cab. I was wondering how hard it was to find a good cab and original fenders? I know you can probably get repos fenders and stuff but soemtimes they do not fit too good. I found a wrecked truck but ir needs a front end and need work in the bottom of the cab.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

How hard is it to find 64-66 chevy truck parts? Empty Re: How hard is it to find 64-66 chevy truck parts?

Post by John B January 9th 2008, 4:45 am

I've owned a bunch of those trucks. Cab parts are easy to find in the aftermarket. The fenders on the other hand are expensive if you're building a low buck vehicle. I used patchs on both my 66 and my 64 for the lower part of the front fender. They all fit decently. If you need a front clip, I'd suggest a ad on Craig's list to start. You never know when some farmer will remember that he has one of those out on the back 40.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

How hard is it to find 64-66 chevy truck parts? Empty 64-66 chev truck parts

Post by big dogs 42 January 9th 2008, 5:24 am

I was out in Missouri and Okla before x mas with a friend and picked up a 63 chev and found plenty of stuff for 64-66 but it was light on the 60-63 stuff met a fellow that's name is Dwayne owns hillbilly hot-rods and he put us on a yard that was loaded with old iron from the 50"s to the 70"s ITs a road trip if your up to it. Cool
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

How hard is it to find 64-66 chevy truck parts? Empty Re: How hard is it to find 64-66 chevy truck parts?

Post by junkyard junky January 9th 2008, 5:53 am

I may be heading out by that way. There use to be a hill billy hot rod website. Does he have a site?

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

How hard is it to find 64-66 chevy truck parts? Empty hillbilly hot rodz

Post by big dogs 42 January 10th 2008, 8:38 pm

www.hillbillyhotrodz.com pm 417-466-3552 dwaine hampton his e mail is dwaine@hillbillyhotrodz.com
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down