{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bolt your crap down dummy!

2 posters

Go down

Bolt your crap down dummy! Empty Bolt your crap down dummy!

Post by RebStew January 17th 2011, 6:59 am

I have always tried to be on the safe side in the garage. I bolt stuff down and do extra stuff to try to be somewhat safe. I never thought I'd have a problem with my tool box. For the ones that have never been in my garage my tool box consist of two bottom boxes bolted together and then two smaller boxes on top. One small one sitting on the very top of that. Each drawer is over filled with tools. Corey pulled the big tool box over on him today. There were some drawers pulled out and he was pulling more out. He was looking for a socket and I think couldn't see them so he was pulling himself up using the drawer, I THINK. The box started tipping and I jump between him and the box to keep it from crushing him into the big wood burner I have. I got a little cut on my arm, got hit in the ribs, face and my shoulder is hurting. My already screwed up back is killing me. It slammed me pretty hard. Corey took a full tool box on the top that flew off and hit him in the leg. He has a nice pump knot but no broken bones. The other two went over our heads and crash on the ground, bending them up pretty bad. One of which was left to me by Thomas, my brother in law that passed away. Corey was lucky I was only a couple feet away and seen it tipping over. If I would have been down at the other garage it would have pinned him between the fire place and the tool boxes. It mess up my tool boxes pretty bad but I'm just glad Corey is okay. It could have been really bad. Even with the top tool boxes off and sitting at a 45 degree angle I still couldn't get it back on it's wheels. I yelled at Corey to get out from under it and then I had to tell Corey to help push it back on it's wheels. Even the bottom box is bent from just the weight I guess. It's all wobbly now. Just goes to show you that in an instant things could happen. I would have bolted them into the wall if it were not cinder block. I guess now I have no choice. It should have been done before and this wouldn't have happened.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Bolt your crap down dummy! Empty Re: Bolt your crap down dummy!

Post by skinnyj January 23rd 2011, 3:42 pm

If you want to bolt them to the wall let me know, I have some lead hollow wall anchors and set tool for work that will work in cinder block. They are suprisingly strong for what they are. Shouldnt take but a minute and you only need to drill a 3/8th hole to use them. I have hung alot of weight on them. I may have some 1/2 inch anchors as well.

skinnyj
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 23rd 2011, 4:00 pm

Thanks man. I'll let ya know.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down