{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Oficial, unofficial Friday night hang out?

+5
Z-YOU
Roller Coaster
JRiggs
Butch Thompson
RebStew
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Oficial, unofficial Friday night hang out? Empty The Oficial, unofficial Friday night hang out?

Post by RebStew January 5th 2011, 1:06 am

The official, unofficial Friday night Scroungers hang out?
A couple of the guys, at different times was saying to me that we need to go out for lunch or dinner. So here your chance. How about an official, unofficial Scroungers Friday night hang out? Something simple that some of us can do to get out of the house. How about meeting some place and going to Harbor Frieght?
Meet at 7:00 at KOI in Newport to get tickets for the Car Show in Cincy on Saturday and then drive out to Florence to the HB. Look around, shop and then maybe go get something to eat. We can figure out a place to eat that night.
If anyone is interested post up! If no takers I'll go by myself earlier in the day. I need to get some face shields and other stuff for the work session on Big Bertha.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

The Oficial, unofficial Friday night hang out? Empty Re: The Oficial, unofficial Friday night hang out?

Post by Butch Thompson January 5th 2011, 4:27 am

ill go n hang out sounds good
Butch Thompson
Butch Thompson
National Sergeant at Arms

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

The Oficial, unofficial Friday night hang out? Empty Re: The Oficial, unofficial Friday night hang out?

Post by JRiggs January 5th 2011, 7:13 am

what time,i have to go towards florence friday neways to pick up my boy,
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 5th 2011, 7:15 am

RebStew wrote:The official, unofficial Friday night Scroungers hang out?
A couple of the guys, at different times was saying to me that we need to go out for lunch or dinner. So here your chance. How about an official, unofficial Scroungers Friday night hang out? Something simple that some of us can do to get out of the house. How about meeting some place and going to Harbor Frieght?
Meet at 7:00 at KOI in Newport to get tickets for the Car Show in Cincy on Saturday and then drive out to Florence to the HB. Look around, shop and then maybe go get something to eat. We can figure out a place to eat that night.
If anyone is interested post up! If no takers I'll go by myself earlier in the day. I need to get some face shields and other stuff for the work session on Big Bertha.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs January 5th 2011, 7:20 am

that's a big capital steve stewart moment ......
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 5th 2011, 7:33 am

At least you did not ask me a week ahead of time. lol
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster January 5th 2011, 1:07 pm

I would be interested, but I will be at the show all weekend. Maybe next time.
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs January 6th 2011, 6:01 am

harbor freight closes at 9 pm. Just fyi
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 6th 2011, 7:34 am

It will only take a few minutes to grab tickets and 15 minutes to get there. We will make it. Grab some dinner later if anyone wants too.
Jeff said he's going. I haven't talked to Tony Stewart yet.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU January 6th 2011, 6:50 pm

I'll catch you at the Harbor Freight.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel January 7th 2011, 2:07 am

Man Steve you sure do need to get out of the house... Have loads and tons of fun guys!
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 7th 2011, 12:56 pm

Tonight for whoever wants to go. I'll be at KOI in Newport a little before 7:00 and after HB we can get something to eat. No Butch we are not eating at the Brass A$$. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 8th 2011, 12:07 am

It's still on. If anyone is coming be carefull out there. I was just out and it's slick. I may be just a minute or two late depending on when Amy gets back. She will be where the cars wrecked but they may have it cleaned up by the time she leaves work. I won't be any later than 5 after 7
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 8th 2011, 12:56 am

Fellas this is not looking too good. The roads are a sheet of ice and there are wrecks on all the highways. My mom just called and said AA by her house is shut down and bumper to bumper with no movemenet. If anyone shows up we will figure out if we want to try to go to Florence or just grab somethinmg to eat around town. I don't want to sit in traffic on the highway.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU January 8th 2011, 2:23 am

I'm guessing you did not come this way. Dixie Highway was a sheet of ice, so I stayed home.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis January 8th 2011, 5:10 am

It was terrible! It took Tracy 2 1/2 hours to get home from Cooper High School to her house in Lakeside Park, (one block away from Z-YOU). I tired to go to Taekwondo and turned around and came home.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs January 8th 2011, 6:00 am

we must be in a different state, we went all over the place tonight, even had a little octopus Very Happy
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 8th 2011, 6:14 am

JRiggs wrote:we must be in a different state, we went all over the place tonight, even had a little octopus Very Happy
This was one of the more strange nights out running. Ice storms, helped Johnny with his truck for a few minutes, White Castles, Sweet tarts, eating octopus legs and watching Butch do some break dancing jig in a resturant. I won't even talk about the gay girl in the back seat of my car with Riggs and Renee affraid Good times!
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 January 8th 2011, 6:14 am

71/75 was a mess coming back from lexington....i got off Mt Zion Rd and cut over to Dixie Hwy and ran that to 275 back to 471 and it was a crawl.... i got my truck parked at Car Star thanks to Rodney (thanks Steve for gettin ahold of him)....Hope i can stay parked there until Sunday....
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 8th 2011, 7:49 am

Butch we did learn something new tonight. If you have to ask the waitress how to eat what you have on your plate maybe we shouldn't be eating it. Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 8th 2011, 7:51 am

magicman_1968 wrote:71/75 was a mess coming back from lexington....i got off Mt Zion Rd and cut over to Dixie Hwy and ran that to 275 back to 471 and it was a crawl.... i got my truck parked at Car Star thanks to Rodney (thanks Steve for gettin ahold of him)....Hope i can stay parked there until Sunday....
No problem Joe. You may want to stop down and ask him about leaving it till Sunday. I told him I wasn't sure that you may grab it tomorrow. I'm sure he won't mind though.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Butch Thompson January 8th 2011, 7:54 am

Twisted Evil
Butch Thompson
Butch Thompson
National Sergeant at Arms

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by puddin head January 8th 2011, 6:31 pm

Me and Jerry went to Cavalcade and left a 5:00. Didn't get back north until almost 7:00. Got off at Michell and went up Springgrove. Never got over 1 MPH. Aparently there was a big pileup at Galbraith. What a mess. All was well after that.
puddin head
puddin head
Scrounger

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU January 8th 2011, 7:05 pm

The roads weren't impassable by any means, but where we are, when there's a hiccup on 75 or 275, the traffic migrates to Dixie Highway and that's our way out of the neighborhood. When I see traffic sitting on the Dixie, I stay home. There's nothing more frustrating than sitting in traffic.

The worst thing that has ever happened as far as winter driving is the 4-wheel-drive SUV and front wheel drive to a lesser degree. The morons driving them have never figured out that even though they go better on snow & ice, you still have to steer them and stop them and you can't pull out right in front of someone on slick roads because they can't stop. It has just allowed the incapable to mistakenly feel empowered to drive when they ought to stay home.

When it all turned to crap around here last night, both my son and wife were out. I got a phone call and one of our friends was out with the kids and stuck in the mess and asked to stop at the house to get out of it. They stayed for a couple of hours until we could see that 75 and 275 were running smoothly on ARTIMUS cameras and they could get back to Burlington. Took my wife about 1 1/2 hours to get from Florence to home and I made my son wait where he was until about 8:30 when I could see Dixie was moving fine.

We'll just have to schedule more Friday night flights.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 9th 2011, 2:52 am

I like getting out with the guys but I miss my garage. This cold weather stinks!
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next