{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little local car club history

2 posters

Go down

A little local car club history Empty A little local car club history

Post by RebStew December 23rd 2010, 4:21 am

Steve,

My dad was in a car club in the 50's in Cincinnati named the Centurians (the club spelled it that way). My dad has some memory loss and can't remember too much. I have to pick his brain and sometimes it comes back to him. He said the club had a rented garage where they met and all worked on each others cars, doing chops, engine swaps, and such. He doesn't remember much more. He lost his club plaque many years ago and I had some reproduced for him one fathers day by Obrien Truckers. Here is what the plaque looks like. He said in the 50's, the club had them painted black and gold. I'll try to get more club information from him about his club and possibly other clubs that he may remember from the area.

At the time I PM'd Dabirdguy, Your club was looking for a name so I PM'd him the name of my dad's old club because it was an actual car club from the 50's in your area. We are originally from Cincinnati and Northern Ky (Warsaw in Gallatan Co). By the way, I am also "Gastrick" over at the Rat Rods Rule forum.

Bill

A little local car club history Sundayshop113smallfy1sm
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

A little local car club history Empty Re: A little local car club history

Post by JRiggs December 23rd 2010, 4:27 am

thats cool,

id say a few more words about the guy he pmd but its christmas and no need for the hate. plus we have spies lurking....
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 23rd 2010, 8:02 am

Yea. He gets on here. That's fine with me.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 23rd 2010, 7:38 pm

I'm hoping he talks to his dad some more about the club. Our history is only worth talking about it if we know what happened. A lot of it has already been lost and will never be known by the future hot rodders.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down