{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

none rod truck tool box help

3 posters

Go down

none rod truck tool box help Empty none rod truck tool box help

Post by pegasus December 17th 2010, 6:30 pm

hey guys
after x-mas Im going to buy a tool box for my truck, In my line of work I somtimes have to carry a few gallons of a gas leak detection fluid. I want to keep them in the tool box in the bed to do this in the winter I need to keep them above freezing I dont plan on keepping the fluid in the box 24/7 I just need to keep it warm wile im driving to and from the job site up to 4 hours away any ideas
pegasus
pegasus
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down

none rod truck tool box help Empty Re: none rod truck tool box help

Post by RebStew December 17th 2010, 7:22 pm

I have nothing unless you put a 12V to 110 converter on your truck. If you do that you could toss a heating pad in the bottom of it. It would not keep it hot but should stay above freezing. The old water pipe wraps. Those are getting hard to find due to house fire problems. A guy that I use to hang around his shop when I was a kid had these heated magnets. I have never seen another one so I have no idea where he got them. He kept his paint on a metal table. In the winter time he would toss one or two on table with the paint around it and it would heat the table up enough that the paint would make it through the winter without fear of freezing. If I remeber right they where like a 6 or 8" square box. I have been wanting one myself so if anyone knows what I'm talking about let me know the name or where I can get one.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis December 17th 2010, 10:11 pm

Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 17th 2010, 11:06 pm

lol that's them. The one he has was pretty old and didn't look the same but that's what I need.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down