{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seems like all I do is weld.

Go down

Seems like all I do is weld. Empty Seems like all I do is weld.

Post by RebStew November 24th 2010, 4:24 am

Johnny and I were talking today about all the welding he has done on his truck. I know the feeling. Unless you have done a detailed full build it's hard to explain. Seems like you loose yourself for days and you think you are doing good untill you see you are not even half way there.
After I left Johnny I came home fixed dinner for the kids and Amy walked in. She hit the door and I went out of it. I went back out to the old house to work on the Bobcat. As some of you know dad broke the arms off the Bobcat that holds the bucket. I have never seen anyone do that before but dad managed to do it. I have been 3 weeks, on and off fixing this thing. Got the bucket loose and arms where they should be and started welding. Between dealing with being Mr. Mom now and other stuff I have going on it took me untill tonight to get it all welded up. After welding all the stress cracks and arms back together I fully capped the arms in 1/2" steel plate. Hitting it with a Mack truck couldn't break it now. I have to say my old arc welder I have had forever did a good job. I still need to work on welding upside down but it wasn't too bad. I did manage to catch my coat on fire tonight. No big deal if you know me but it's the first time my dad seen me do it. lol
I still have to get the bucket back on and hook up all the hoses but man o man I'm so glad I'm done with it!
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down