{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very cool deal.

4 posters

Go down

Very cool deal. Empty Very cool deal.

Post by RebStew August 30th 2010, 9:36 pm

One of the Road Devils posted this on their forum and I had to share it. This one really touched me. Made me sad a glad all at the same time. reverendjimmy from RD is in the TX/OK Chapter. I really think this is a nice thing they did.
This is what he posted:

private show for a cool old dude

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im not even sure were to post this, But on friday the rejects car club very good friends to the club downb here called me and asked if i could help with a little privats car show for an old man who was dying of cancer. I said sure and sat morning of i went to the gentlemans house witha sticker coozie and new support shirt as gifts. 10 cars showed up and as sick as he was he came out side and put onthe support shirt. his family said he hadnt smiled like that in months. He came out and we took him for rides in the cars and his son tells us that he was so happy when he went to bed that night. Sun morning i got the call from shoebox chris that the old man died. Im a little wierded out by this and we have been asked all three clubs that participated, road devils, rejects and the christian rod club to drive our cars in his funereal. i guess ill be there. . i haqve pics from the private little show we did and ill post them later.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Very cool deal. Empty Re: Very cool deal.

Post by hp77skylark August 30th 2010, 10:13 pm

That is cool, bet the man went to the here after with the same smile on his face. Smile
hp77skylark
hp77skylark
Scrounger

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook August 31st 2010, 7:01 am

That's a wonderful story (and a swell idea). I did this a few times with some of my aircraft models in nursing homes. It really got veterans and their spouses talking about the old days and it was always a rewarding experience.

Having worked with families in end of life situations for the past few years I can tell you that all that they want is for their loved one to be safe, happy and cared for. Any smiles especially towards the end really seem to become the lasting memories that family takes with them. Kudos to the Road Devils and thanks for sharing this, Steve.

Later,

Lee

Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel August 31st 2010, 7:54 pm

He was one very happy man before he went on.
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 3rd 2010, 10:11 pm

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/oklahoman/obituary.aspx?n=don-conover&pid=145036434&sms_ss=facebook
That is cool that they put the car clubs in there. That just goes to show you what that meant to him and the family on his last day here on earth.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down