{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

check this high dollar hoopty out

+4
LRS30
Roller Coaster
RebStew
ss 383
8 posters

Go down

check this high dollar hoopty out  Empty check this high dollar hoopty out

Post by ss 383 August 12th 2010, 9:12 pm

http://www.spadekreations.com/ultimate/donk.html this shop is rite up the street from me.check this high dollar hoopty out  Icon_lol check this high dollar hoopty out  Icon_lol check this high dollar hoopty out  Icon_lol check this high dollar hoopty out  Icon_lol
ss 383
ss 383
Scrounger

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

check this high dollar hoopty out  Empty Re: check this high dollar hoopty out

Post by ss 383 August 12th 2010, 9:24 pm

i seen it sitn n front of there shop ....made me laugh check this high dollar hoopty out  Icon_lol . so i thought i would pass it on
ss 383
ss 383
Scrounger

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 12th 2010, 9:45 pm

Alot of custom work to make something stupid.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster August 12th 2010, 10:32 pm

And I thought the Scroungers Car Club forum was a donk free zone! Sad
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 August 12th 2010, 11:07 pm

Althought it might not be mine or your taste they do some nice body and paint work...Why I'm not sure, but hey you have to launder money somehow I guess....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by CustomCabby August 13th 2010, 12:11 am

although it's not my cup of tea, i respect the imagination and creation of their projects. that chevy looks like you need a firetruck ladder just to get in it!

CustomCabby
Restorer

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 13th 2010, 12:29 am

LRS30 wrote: hey you have to launder money somehow I guess....
You hit the nail on the head there.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs August 13th 2010, 3:25 am

yeah they might do some good body work etc etc. but those guys are peer jack asses. along with boitnot graphics. they show their cars at calvacade of customs every year. numerous times ive tried to stop and talk with them. they stick their nose up in the air and walk away....
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage August 13th 2010, 5:15 am

I agree Riggs , why is it that we car guys find ourselves saying " we are all car nuts and respect the work someone puts in their ride " but as soon as you try to talk to them they act like their better then you , hell 90% of the work on my car I did myself and didn't pay out lots of money to have it done so I say yeah you might have tons of money stuck in your car but I'll walk away while you hold your nose in the air and hold my head up high with pride knowing I did it myself .
Rage
Rage
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage August 13th 2010, 5:23 am

One more thing , I know people that have lots of money in their rides and they are real car nuts like myself because you can have conversation with them and they wont treat you any different because you dont have tons of money in your ride , those are the people that get respect of being car guys from me because they give it aswell .
Rage
Rage
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 August 14th 2010, 12:13 am

It's an elitist crowd or so they would like to make the public think so.... I grew up watching Larry Kremer building some of the baddest customs around in the 70's and, watched and help my father and his business partner turn out some of the nicest Corvettes in the area.. I have worked for 2 of the top notch restoration shops in the tri-state area, and have helped tuned, fought, rode,rubbed elbows and pop the tops on more than a few adult beverages with the best bike builders, top fuel harley riders, and harley engine builders in the world. And I can tell you that those who are modest are the some of the best bar none, and those who think that they're shit does'nt stink, well guess what? There reputation catches up with them real quick, and bites them in the (BEEP), I don't care who you are you can always learn something from someone, there is always someone, faster, slicker, stronger, and if you don't believe that well then your just freaking dumb!.. As the saying goes you are only as good as your reputation! Although when you have something in a show car/bike/stroller, whatever say the Cavalcade, or hell even a cruise in, you will always get someone who comes up and either says the most jack up stuff you could ever imagine, and times 100 thats what its like when your dealing with the general public who has no idea of what it takes to buy , build, and pour your heart and soul into something, after a while you tend to get a little burned out and take what the attendee's of say day 2 , or 3 say and let it go thru one ear and out the other, not given the attention it might deserve.. Lets face it, the 2 shop's you mentioned turn out nice work, and when you tried to talk to them did you really want them to paint or customize your ride? Or where you just bending an ear, which there is nothing wrong with that, thats why they have 6 spots paid for at the show to get the shops name out there)? The guys that own shops on here, or work in one know what I am talking about, every shop has there hang arounds so to speak, where everytime this or that guy walks in thru the door everybody in the shop under there breath says a prayer that they are not the one getting targeted that day...Just an example: I was in Vegas we are standing in staging for the AHDRA Pro-Fuel final's and this guy and his methed out old lady comes up and starts telling me that he has a 78 Iron head sporty in the parking lot that is his everyday driver that he runs on 90 percent Nitro that he steals from the airport where he is a janitor, and he guarentee's that it will outrun any of the Pro-Fuel, and or Top Fuel bikes in the finals today (at the time we were running in the 200's) So sometimes you just have to imagine how many stupid comments, or questions that they field in a single day.."Yo my Brutha, I'z gotz dis sevende-foe LTD Iz b-needin sum Lambo doe'z and colar dis biotch like a bazzz-boat, I wanst everyting to sparkal like my babez mommas lippz! U see'z I be gett-n my seddel-ment from down at da Wallz-mart wher-as I slip-d in sum day old bar-b-q salz dat duh manger didunt sweeps up, got my shit all F%^&ed up so-z I seddeld fo foohudered-n six doller'z HOLLA! You can hooks me up right!.. affraid
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous August 14th 2010, 5:05 pm

That took a little thought.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 August 14th 2010, 6:46 pm

I like to hear my self talk! Oh and watched a lot of DONAHUE growing up!
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous August 15th 2010, 12:48 am

Oh behave..............
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous