{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the hunt for Indiana junk yards.

2 posters

Go down

On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. Empty On the hunt for Indiana junk yards.

Post by RebStew August 2nd 2010, 11:16 pm

A guy gave us somewhat directions to a junk yard with old cars in it. It was off Rt 50 in IN. There was suppose to be a 'Cuda in the yard like Mike's 69. Sorry Mike no Cuda Sad
On the way to this yard we followed the directions he gave me. Which where bad. We ran into an old scrap yard. The guy was on his way out but when he heard we was looking for old iron he wanted to show me this import.
Here and old bus on the way
On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 001-7
We walked through the gate and around the back. It's a 40's Mercedes. Built in Germany but had Italian paperwork. Not sure how it got inm to the US. It could be had for $2500.00 He likes it I guess.
On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 002-5

On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 003-4

On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 004-7

He also had this old Diamond Rig. I remember my dad telling me he learned to drive in one of these.
On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 005-6
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. Empty Re: On the hunt for Indiana junk yards.

Post by RebStew August 2nd 2010, 11:19 pm

The guy that had the yard told me where another yard was that was close and where one may be up off Rt350. The yard we was looking for was called Dan's Auto Parts. No one around there had ever heard of Dan's
As we were leaving I was checking out the old building, at the end of the road that must have been a junk yard at one time. I really like the sign.
On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 006-6
On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 008-5
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. Empty Re: On the hunt for Indiana junk yards.

Post by RebStew August 2nd 2010, 11:22 pm

The guy we just talked to gave us direction to another place so we tried it. As we were digging through these back road you get turned around easy. When you run out of road you know you went the wrong way. This was a main road we was on and then it just stops at this point. Turn around. What a Face
On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 009-5

Last edited by RebStew on August 3rd 2010, 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 2nd 2010, 11:23 pm

We made a left turn on the road and found this old Buick. Not much left of her.
On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 010-5
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 3rd 2010, 12:24 am

On up the same road we found the junk yard. I cought the owner getting in his truck. I ask about old cars and he snickered. We have not had anything old in decades. I explained I was looking for a place called Dan's Auto Parts. The sign in this place said Walkers I think?? He said yeah this use to be Dans's but the name was changed years ago. I said do you have a Cuda sitting stowed away in the back? He laughed. We haven't had that car in many, many, many years!
So Sorry Mike. No Cuda parts bro!
It wasn't a totle wash. We did get Aryan's upper and lower pullies, alternator bracket and timng tab for his Mustang.
On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 011-4
On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 012-3
On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 013-5
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 3rd 2010, 12:25 am

On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 014-4

On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 015-4

RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 3rd 2010, 12:29 am

As we were paying for the stuff I ask the owner about any old yards in the arae that would have some pre 70's cars. He too gave me brief directions to a junk yard on the other side of Milan. Up Rt 350. I was at a yard up there a few years ago but it's been a long time ago. I may try to jump up there this week or next if I get time.
On the way out we seen this stuff.
$2500 with a 331 Hemi
On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 016-3

On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 018-4

On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 019-3

On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 020-4

On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 022-4

On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 017-5

On the hunt for Indiana junk yards. 021-5
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage August 3rd 2010, 4:25 am

A few of those places are close to me , I live right off 50 , did you try Hardintown ? there right off 275 behind Subway not sure what they have but thats where I found my G.P. someone brought it in the day I went there for a rim for my work van , there's supposed to be one in Osgood but I haven't been there , I know some locals who could probly give me a list of some junk yards if you need them
Rage
Rage
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 3rd 2010, 8:55 am

The one in Osgood may be the one everyone talking about. I was going to call you to see if you wanted to get some chink food with me and Corey but my phone wouldn't work. We never seen Hardintown..
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down