{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking up fishing and camping, so I traded off my old car

+2
RebStew
John B
6 posters

Go down

Taking up fishing and camping, so I traded off my old car Empty Taking up fishing and camping, so I traded off my old car

Post by John B July 27th 2010, 11:06 pm

I've been getting a little stressed out. The old 51 Chevy hasn't been progessing the way I want. The business is hit and miss. I need to take up a more relaxing hobby, so I traded the 51 for a truck to carry fishing and camping supplies in. Just to keep you guys happy I made some concessions. It's older, not real old though. It's a 1969 and since thats the year I was born, it can't really be old right? I also made sure I got something with a V8 so we could haul the Car Club stuff in it. Plus it will help transport all those huge trophy bass I'll be catching.

Taking up fishing and camping, so I traded off my old car S6300897

Taking up fishing and camping, so I traded off my old car S6300893

Taking up fishing and camping, so I traded off my old car S6300895
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Taking up fishing and camping, so I traded off my old car Empty Re: Taking up fishing and camping, so I traded off my old car

Post by John B July 27th 2010, 11:27 pm

How the heck did I put this in the wrong section? oops
John B
John B
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Taking up fishing and camping, so I traded off my old car Empty Re: Taking up fishing and camping, so I traded off my old car

Post by RebStew July 28th 2010, 12:55 am

I moved it John. I amost flipped untill I seen what it was. Good trade dude! I liked that truck the first time I seen it. We need to get some video of it though to put on the main page.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by John B July 28th 2010, 3:10 am

All I can say, is it can get hairy when you thromp on the loud pedal in second gear. 468 , very healthy cubic inches.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RsvBill July 28th 2010, 5:20 am

lets go i am always looking for a fishing partner
RsvBill
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

Post by John B July 28th 2010, 5:19 pm

Taking up fishing and camping, so I traded off my old car S6300901
John B
John B
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 28th 2010, 5:36 pm

I got a stock small block I'd trade ya for the gas guzzler. Just to help you out in these hi gas prices times. lol
You know I'm kidding but really have you drove it enought to figure out what the gas milage is like? Looks like it would suck some gas.
Sure does look good sitting in the frame rails and are you taking it to the Pumpkin Run?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by John B July 28th 2010, 7:11 pm

RebStew wrote:I got a stock small block I'd trade ya for the gas guzzler. Just to help you out in these hi gas prices times. lol
You know I'm kidding but really have you drove it enought to figure out what the gas milage is like? Looks like it would suck some gas.
Sure does look good sitting in the frame rails and are you taking it to the Pumpkin Run?

Todd offered to swap the original 307 back in, but I declined. Yeah, if I still have it, it will go to the pumpkin run.

We're figuring 11-13 MPG. He didn't take the engine I was building for the 51, so i might finish it and throw it in the Burb if I decide to keep it.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage July 28th 2010, 8:28 pm

Cool truck , dont see them around that often .
Rage
Rage
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel July 28th 2010, 8:55 pm

Good trade John!!
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 28th 2010, 9:33 pm

11 to 13 not too bad for what it is. The old work truck was only getting between 8 and 10 MPG.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by John B August 9th 2010, 1:43 am

Last night we had our monthly cruise in Olive Hill. What comes tooling up the street and circling around? A certain 51 Chevy. I handled it well, actually made me feel like I made the right decision. I knew it would get back on the road quickly in his hands. By the way, the battieres were dead in my camera. Evil or Very Mad

It also reinforced what I already knew. This Suburban ain't me. So soon it will be up for trade.

Keep an eye out cause here's a few things I'd be willing to trade for.

* 49-54 Chevy car (Yes, I do see the irony)
* 49-51 Ford car
* late 47 thru 66 Chevy Truck
* A cherry duece coupe ( I can dream right?)

I'm sure I'll add to the list later, but 65/66 is the newest thing I'd want.

Last edited by John B on August 9th 2010, 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't spell non gooder)
John B
John B
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 10th 2010, 12:28 am

I figured this one would be lettered with the shops name and use it as advertising while cruising the shows.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs August 10th 2010, 3:18 am

i agree with ya stewart. especially since they arent far from kevin...
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by John B August 10th 2010, 3:20 am

RebStew wrote:I figured this one would be lettered with the shops name and use it as advertising while cruising the shows.

I got this one fully intending to trade it off at some point. A local car lot guy and a couple others say that it's worth $7500 or more. I'm not positive about that but I do know what it would cost to build it. So I'll ask 7K and go from there. If I can trade it, thats what I prefer, but if it sells I gotta get enough to buy a decnt old car or truck.

As for the shop name, well whats the point if I'm not keeping it.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down