{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Suds for a Burger some Saturday nite?

2 posters

Go down

The Suds for a Burger some Saturday nite? Empty The Suds for a Burger some Saturday nite?

Post by Mr. Fabulous July 1st 2010, 7:15 pm

We've been thinking of cruising over to The Suds in Greenwood Indiana some Saturday evening. I've heard about this place for quite a few years and sometime this summer I want to take a cruise over for a burger and see what's happening. I know a few fellows that go there and I guess on a given Saturday they get a pretty good crowd.

From the Indianapolis Star:

On a good Saturday night, the streets are packed and lined with vintage cars. Gearheads rejoice: It looks like The Suds Drive-in is here to stay.
The Greenwood eatery, which originally opened as a Dog 'n' Suds restaurant in 1957, reopened for business in July 2008 after being closed for three years.

Business has been favorable, according to the Suds Hot Rod Club, a nonprofit group that operates the restaurant at 350 Market Plaza.
"I didn't realize this place was really still going on," said Josh Ware, 25. "I think it's awesome that it still is. I used to come down here when I was a junior and senior in high school just to look at the old cars."
Ware graduated from Perry Meridian High School and now lives near Camby.
He dropped by Suds on a recent Friday night to have dinner with his girlfriend, Kerry Langford, 25. Both agreed the root beer is another highlight beyond the classic cars.
Mike Lawrence, 57, has been coming to Suds for 20 years. He regularly shows off his 1962 Ford Falcon Futura and hangs out with friends.
Lawrence explained the nostalgia and what keeps him coming back to Suds.
"We are 50- and 60-year-old teenagers," he said, "and we don't want to let go of that."
Besides the weekend cruise-ins, the Suds Hot Rod Club also hosts regular fundraisers for local charities.
The club will host the Take a Bite Out of Hunger car show from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday at Suds. The event will raise money for the Refuge, a Greenwood food pantry serving Johnson County and southern Marion County.

Just thought I'd see if anyone else might be interested. I know it's not what you kats normally do and not everybody will drive that far for a burger and a coke but thought I'd throw it out there.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

The Suds for a Burger some Saturday nite? Empty Re: The Suds for a Burger some Saturday nite?

Post by junkyardjeff July 3rd 2010, 4:31 am

I would be into that and maybe head over earlier and talk with Bubba about some distributors before heading there.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down