{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painting a car

+8
Lady rebel
hp77skylark
CustomCabby
Z-YOU
Admin
RebStew
Cratethis
Rage
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Painting a car - Page 2 Empty Re: Painting a car

Post by Rage July 19th 2010, 4:09 pm

Thanks everyone , it's not done yet , the bottom half will be gun metal grey seperated by a row of black flames down the side , magicman when I get good at it you can drop it off lol .
Rage
Rage
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU July 19th 2010, 6:14 pm

Just my opnion, but sometimes it's best to leave well-enough alone.

You were leaving Friday evening just as I was arriving and I saw you & the wife heading North on KY 17. The car looks very nice as it sits.

My own opinion is that flames and other custom work that overstates the paint work is best left to the customized rides. Your car exterior is clean and OEM. It isn't lowered or on hydraulics or flared for big tires & wheels & it doesn't have a blower or tunnel ram sticking out of the hood.

I like understated clean paint work unless a car is clearly modified.

It's your car Bill, and you've done a great job so far. Whatever you decide to do next will be quality work.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin July 19th 2010, 11:17 pm

Everything is s stepping stone. I agree with Ken if you are going to leave the wheels alone, as it is a very nice simple clean car. You don't see that anymore. Like a Mustang GT with the Fox body. If I had one I would want a 5.0 LX that was never touched. No scoops or wheels or anything. Just because every Mustang you see is modified in one way or the other. But like I said if you are going to swap the wheels later and keep on upgrading I think the color combo would look slick. Besides they are just metal objects. They have a soul but you have to put that soul in it. To do so you have to make it what you want it to be. Build it, drive it and enjoy it. If you do something you don't like change it back.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rage July 20th 2010, 3:24 am

Something to think about for sure , I really didn't want it to be all gloss black origionaly but I had help that I couldn't pass up and my thinking before it was gloss is that if were gonna be gloss then I wanted chrome rims maybe one size up to 16's , and I'm now thinking of doing something different to the existing wheels to look better or worse who knows for now lol ?
So I guess for now I'm trying to cram all ideas in one car and maybe I should buy another ? except thats not gonna happen lol , I appreciate the comments and it's definatley something thats not gonna happen right away so I have some time to think it out , maybe Jesse will let me experiment on his 90 Camaro RS lol , oh by the way Ken that was my son Jesse with me friday leaving the cruise lmao , I'll tell him he needs a haircut lol , lol .
Rage
Rage
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU July 20th 2010, 3:54 am

That's funny Bill.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED