{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hilborn,but can you tell me what this one is for

4 posters

Go down

Hilborn,but can you tell me what this one is for Empty Hilborn,but can you tell me what this one is for

Post by ferrell1cars June 25th 2010, 5:20 am

First of all I know it is a hilborn unit.It has s part numer that is 303-C 8B(8?)not for sure on the last letter.I have had it for a while and never had any luck finding out what it may be for.I will try to post a couple of pics.Hilborn,but can you tell me what this one is for Myhilborn001
ferrell1cars
ferrell1cars
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-06-07

Back to top Go down

Hilborn,but can you tell me what this one is for Empty Re: Hilborn,but can you tell me what this one is for

Post by ferrell1cars June 25th 2010, 5:23 am

On the sides of these it has''Hilborn Injector,Los Angeles.Any help would be appreciated.
ferrell1cars
ferrell1cars
wrench fetcher

Back to top Go down

Hilborn,but can you tell me what this one is for Empty Re: Hilborn,but can you tell me what this one is for

Post by JRiggs June 25th 2010, 5:47 am

chrysler product?
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew June 25th 2010, 5:52 am

Looks like Pontiac to me
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis June 25th 2010, 5:58 am

Fuel injection for an early Olds. Here is a link to 5 pictures of it setup on an Olds motor.

http://public.fotki.com/oldsrocket/supercharger-and-in/hilborn/bnivgwkkgrhgookjuej.html#media
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ferrell1cars June 25th 2010, 6:10 am

Thanks,now all I need is an Olds motor to put it on lol.
ferrell1cars
ferrell1cars
wrench fetcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis June 25th 2010, 6:25 am

I believe I read at one time that this was made for the 303, 371, and the 394.

Look under 1949 to 1964 (doesn't talk about the Hilborn just the motors)

http://www.442.com/oldsfaq/ofeng.htm#Engines%201949%20-%201964
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew June 25th 2010, 6:31 am

Good eyes Cratethis. Early Pontiacs had that staggard bolt pattern. I was looking through some pics trying to figure it out. Early Olds never dawned on me. I was looking at everything else. It sure looks cool in that link picture.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by ferrell1cars June 26th 2010, 1:02 am

What would this thing be worth,not trying to get rich,but don't want to give it away
ferrell1cars
ferrell1cars
wrench fetcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis June 26th 2010, 7:05 am

It really depends. There aren't a ton of people out there building Olds blocks, especially the old old ones. This would be one of those pieces that you are going to have to be patient and find the right buyer. Defiantly look for Old's specific forums to post it forsale on.
I've seen people try and sell them for $500 to $1500. Do you have the stacks with them, or just what is in the pics? There is also the valley plate that would have been apart of the "kit" and a few other things. If you only have what is in the picture then you'll probably be under the lower end. You'd be looking for that person that is needing parts to help make the one they already have work.
I know that is probably not much help, but I hope it gets you started.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down