{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alt. mount for Humps

2 posters

Go down

Alt. mount for Humps Empty Alt. mount for Humps

Post by magicman_1968 March 14th 2010, 4:49 am

Anyone that has ever used humps and mounted the alternator up high has most likely slung the belt a time or two Sad ....Here is a way that worked good for me in the past.....back when i had a small block in my Nova i had trouble keeping the belt on above 7000 rpm Evil or Very Mad ......i used a smog pump bracket from mid to late 70's GM mounted down low on the passenger side and a swing bracket fom the early 60's.......by moving the alt. down it positions it right between the crank and water pump pullies, eliminating the long belt stretch from the crank to the alt. when up high Twisted Evil .....i just got this one mocked up for the Monte using the wide flat belt cheers ....i got to pull it apart and paint it but just wanted to share that with you guys that are gonna run the Humps.......you can buy an aftermarket mount to do the same for around 60 or 80 bucks but mine just cost a little time Very Happy Alt. mount for Humps IMG000101Alt. mount for Humps IMG000091Alt. mount for Humps IMG000061Alt. mount for Humps IMG000051
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Alt. mount for Humps Empty Re: Alt. mount for Humps

Post by jbs10 March 14th 2010, 4:58 am

kool study
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger