{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racing

3 posters

Go down

Racing Empty Racing

Post by Mr. Fabulous February 1st 2010, 4:18 pm

So did anybody else watch the 15 1/2 hours coverage of the 24 Hours Daytona this past weekend. I thought it was interesting to see them run thru all the different conditions that they were faced with this year. Each year I wish that I would have made the trip another time but this year the weather proved pretty wet and cold and I'm not so sure I would have enjoyed the trip. I just wish they would have more coverage throughout the late night and early morning hours, so much happens from when they go off the air at 11 and back on @ 7 in the morning.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Racing Empty Re: Racing

Post by LRS30 February 1st 2010, 5:44 pm

I went back before I was married, for this and the TWIN 125's Was a real thrill, lots of racing history, and talent, and yes it was cold the year I went....All I have to do is hit Bonneville soon, and I will have hit Most major forms of racing at one time or another.... Of course that was B.C. (BEFORE CHILDREN)...... And I remember most of them Razz
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous February 1st 2010, 6:39 pm

Yeah, same with me. I'd like to go to Bonneville in the next couple of years. Some friends of mine have been going out there for about the last 20 years. Seems I'm always trying to get my finances in line for Labor Day weekend and Indianapolis. My wife, brother and I ended up on the cover of the 24 hour program one year. They took a picture of us all alone in the grandstand wrapped up in sleeping bags freezing to death. (it's always hot in Daytona!) I think that was the first year Hurley Haywood won. This was his last and they said he's logged close to 80,000 miles in competition in that race.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 1/2done February 2nd 2010, 7:10 pm

Last time I was there was '88 .I just dug out a rear BBS wheel with a really hard Goodyear slick on it that Lamas hit the wall with around 10pm and we couldn't use again. It got down to 30 that night. I had 2 sweatshirts under my firesuit and kept my balaclava on the whole time, trying to catch some sleep between pit stops on a stack of tires. Up 40hrs straight. I don't know if I could still do it or not.
1/2done
1/2done
Mechanic

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down