{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A guy wants to trade me for my bike, your .02

+5
junkyard junky
RebStew
FalconEddie1964
falconwagon62
LRS30
9 posters

Go down

A guy wants to trade me for my bike, your .02 Empty A guy wants to trade me for my bike, your .02

Post by LRS30 January 30th 2010, 2:16 am

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1499/Valiant/post/1800991/NICE-NICE-MOPAR-HOTROD-318-CU-IN-REAL-CLEAN-.html

Wants to trade me for my bike 1990 HArley Fat Boy, Been a while since I was sporting an early MOPAR, I know its not a "Cuda, or a B-Body, but a real nice solid car, was a feature car in Mopar MAg a few years back... Whatcha Think guys?
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

A guy wants to trade me for my bike, your .02 Empty Re: A guy wants to trade me for my bike, your .02

Post by falconwagon62 January 30th 2010, 2:35 am

LRS30 wrote:http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1499/Valiant/post/1800991/NICE-NICE-MOPAR-HOTROD-318-CU-IN-REAL-CLEAN-.html

Wants to trade me for my bike 1990 HArley Fat Boy, Been a while since I was sporting an early MOPAR, I know its not a "Cuda, or a B-Body, but a real nice solid car, was a feature car in Mopar MAg a few years back... Whatcha Think guys?

hate to say it, Harley's a dime a dozen, Rick Gross on here was going to sell me his 89 fatboy FXRS? with 6,000 miles LIKE NEW bone stock for 5 grand, and I passed....I know where a FXR Dresser total custon is for 8 grand, 1990 frame with 96 motor

A guy wants to trade me for my bike, your .02 Hd1
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

A guy wants to trade me for my bike, your .02 Empty Re: A guy wants to trade me for my bike, your .02

Post by FalconEddie1964 January 30th 2010, 2:48 am

I'm afraid I'd trade, of course I'm not a biker full of metal either. affraid

BUt then again, I haven't done too well with my vehicle decisions in the past. No
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 30th 2010, 2:55 am

That would be a hard one for me. I figured it was going to be something different not a 1968 Valaint. It is a nice one though. But it's the bottom of the bucket Mopar. Just my 2 cents. if it was a 68 Dart GT I could see it even but I'm not too sure. If you like it and are not looking to make a buck on it then go for it. If you are going to sell it to a mopar guy for some big bucks you will be sitting on it a while I think. If you get it and need a few small things I have a couple of those burried out at the house. Bring a shovel
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky January 30th 2010, 3:13 am

I would keep the bike.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 30th 2010, 4:03 pm

Yhea I know its a plain jane Catholic NUN car, bottom bottom of the barrel option car. I am trying to get some cash to boot, but it would'nt be much just enough to do a wheel change to different sizes...I'm in no hurry to dump the bike it is'nt eating anything, but throwing it out there.... And a Fat Boy is an FL, not an FX and they started making FAt Boys' in 1990, not 89 as mentioned above. The 1990 is a real low production number bike have only 4400 made (THE YEAR I HAVE), sounds like someone has some mis matched info there, Are they both clean title bikes, meaning not SALVAGE/BUILDER TITLES?, one thing about Harleys is just cause you have $10,000 dollars in bolt on junk does not mean its gonna bring $10,000 on top of what its really worth, It just means that your a slave to FAD's and TREND'S and and think your the cool guy at HOOTERS on bike night.. I know alot of guys that do that nothing wrong with it if thats what your into, just not a real wise financial move.True that most HArley's are a dime a dozen, that can be said about alot of the things we are all into. How many RED CAmero's, mustangs, and 57 Chev's and Black 32 roadsters do you see at big car shows..Every swinging %$*( seems to own one of these, nothing wrong with any of them, I even like one or 2 of them myself Rolling Eyes . All valid points guys and thank you, I am not sure if I am gonna do anything on this deal, if i was set on it I would have already been on my way to make the trade..
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 30th 2010, 4:29 pm

FalconEddie1964 wrote:I'm afraid I'd trade, of course I'm not a biker full of metal either. affraid

BUt then again, I haven't done too well with my vehicle decisions in the past. No
lol!

DAmn Doug how many times do I have to tell you, Its my custom chassis, not just metal....And watch the name calling, biker, sheeeesshhs, Suspect lol
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 30th 2010, 4:39 pm

FalconEddie1964 wrote:

Lord have mercy. Are you talking about that Falcon again that you got for a song? How much do you want for it? I'll buy it so you feel better. I am for real. How much?? This thing must be the worse car known to man. Bad frame, blown engine and trans with a whining rearend. Glass all busted. It make no difference I'll take it so you can sleep better. tongue Shoot me a price cheers
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 30th 2010, 4:52 pm

I thought all FALCONS came frome the factory that way?
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 January 30th 2010, 5:14 pm

Good lookin car...i would trade but ive never been into bikes except off road riding
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 30th 2010, 6:07 pm

This car is super clean, I just talked to him, it was a Mopar Mag Feature car a few years back(not like that really means a whole lot to me), I am thinking it would make a real nice driver for the wife and I till I can get the 31 in long distance shape. She is'nt hip to the idea, cause she likes to go for rides on the bike, but I feel like I have had great luck riding (meaning never been down) and my spine has seen better days. I know its not a real sought after car, but to find a 68 or older anything in this shape is getting harder everyday around here, and I really don't need another project, it will be nice just to hop in and go again... So I am still working out the deal and wieghing my options, time will tell, thanks guys for your input either way..
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr January 30th 2010, 6:54 pm

LRS30 wrote:that can be said about alot of the things we are all into. How many RED CAmero's, mustangs, and 57 Chev's and Black 32 roadsters do you see at big car shows..Every swinging %$*( seems to own one of these, nothing wrong with any of them, I even like one or 2 of them myself Rolling Eyes .

Yes!!!! I'm a swinging %$*. I have one of those RED Camaro's you speak of. Cool

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 30th 2010, 7:25 pm

CHAD you swinging %#$* how you been.... Nothing wrong with them, just saying you see alot of those around.. I have only seen maybe 3 1990 Fat Boys running around in the past 20 years. Not that its a Vincent Black Shadow, but it is sorta rare for a production bike.. Of course to another swinging#$%@ its just another FAT BOY Rolling Eyes
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr January 31st 2010, 5:28 am

LRS30 wrote:CHAD you swinging %#$* how you been.... Nothing wrong with them, just saying you see alot of those around.. I have only seen maybe 3 1990 Fat Boys running around in the past 20 years. Not that its a Vincent Black Shadow, but it is sorta rare for a production bike.. Of course to another swinging#$%@ its just another FAT BOY Rolling Eyes

I've been good. I wouldn't mind owning it myself. I got my first street bike last season, a Intruder 1400. It was a good starter but wanted to get something else. You still got that FJ still?

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 31st 2010, 11:22 pm

The FJ is still in the stable, waiting for either a new owner or for me to get back to driving her again....Manual steerig and a 4 speed is a real pain with one good arm at the moment....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 31st 2010, 11:23 pm

The FJ is still in the stable, waiting for either a new owner or for me to get back to driving her again....Manual steerig and a 4 speed is a real pain with one good arm at the moment....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by fuel10922 February 1st 2010, 10:04 pm

Dude, Its a pretty fair trade. get some extra cash, ditch the wheels. I have seen a cool ones before ( I AM A CLOSET MOPAR FREAK), heck I use to work for Chrysler before I started Toyota. Give it a good stance and a different wheel combo and drive it!
fuel10922
fuel10922
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous February 1st 2010, 11:48 pm

I think the little Mopar is really cool. If your into ditching the wheels, throw them my way. I think they're a Ford pattern and I'd love to have some wheels on something. I personally am sick of steel wheels. I've had mag wheels on everything I owned until the just lately. Those five spokes would look really cool spinning in the light at night. Just my $.02
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 2nd 2010, 1:47 am

I passed on the deal, I did some snooping and found out what he was asking on another site, and we where about $1500 apart. I'm not willing to loose money on the bike, it's not eating anything, and he would'nt pony up any extra loot so the search continues.....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 17th 2010, 3:19 am

A guy wants to trade me for my bike, your .02 Barracuda0841

A guy wants to trade me for my bike, your .02 Barracuda0831

A few more items up for trade for the Bike.. hoping ot have adeal worked out here real soon..Any thoughts??????/ Pro-Neg I am an old NOPAR fan......
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 17th 2010, 5:30 am

cool
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down