{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy but rough day! My baby girl!

2 posters

Go down

Happy but rough day! My baby girl! Empty Happy but rough day! My baby girl!

Post by RebStew November 9th 2009, 7:09 am

Today emotions ran hi and low and every which way they could. Last week we found out Samantha had made the Princess for her cheer leading team. It was a big deal to her and she got to ride in the parade and felt the pride of the Newport team as they cheered all the way through the city on their way to their last game. I was really happy for her and thanks to Bill from the club we scrounged up a ragtop for her to sit in and ride through the city. There were a few games going on that same day and they let us know that they were going to have someone walk her out from the 50 yard line at 12:30 so the fans could see her and some of the others on Newport's team. They said I could do it but if I didn't want to that someone else could. I would have been proud to do it.
We got to talking about it mid week and my dads name came up. For the ones that don't know my dad is in his 70's and has cancer. He has his good days and bad as most do when this overwelms you. Sami ask if I could call papaw and see if he would walk her down the 50 yard line. Anyone that knows me knows how much I care for my dad. I wouldn't even ask a friend to be my best man at my wedding, I ask my dad. So when she wanted dad to walk her down the 50 I was very proud. I'm not sure how much longer we will have him and I thought this will be a really good memory for Sami too.
Well we get up this morning and head to the school where the parade is going to start. We made signs for the car and one for the cheer leaders to sign and hang on the fence at the ball field. Driving that bright green car stood out among the rest of the late models. Sami was sitting back waving, tossing candy and just eating this up. I don't know if I have ever seen her that happy before. It makes me feel good when my kids are happy. You know what I mean. We get to the field and I let her out. There is a game ahead of them so I leave for a while and then come back. Dad and mom was there and they showed up at 11:45. The games and all the stuff ran over so it was a few hours my dad had to sit there. Amy told me he wasn't feeling good today but wasn't going to miss walking her out onto the field. The time had came and Dad and Sami was on the other side of the 50 and they started calling out names. Waiting for dad and my baby girl to walk across the field I almost broke down at the thought this may be the last thing my dad gets to do with her. Amy and my mom are both taking pictures and they call out Samanath Stewart and?????
Her coach! Here comes Sami with her coach across the 50.
She made it to where she was going to stand with the coach by her side. I kept asking Amy what was going on? She said she didn't know. I look over wondering if my dad may have gotten sick and had to have him walk her but he was standing there by himself with a puzzled look on his face. He walked over after a while and I ask what that was all about? He said the coach said he had to walk her over. Dad told him no at first and said he was going to do it and the coach went and got someone else that told dad that he couldn't walk her that the coach had to do it.
I was watching Samantha standing there and she would smile a little but nothing like before. I could tell she was upset. You can guess how I took it. I wanted to freak out but I held it together and tried to let it go. My blood preasuer went through the roof and even put me in the bed after I got home. Watching my dad walk back across that field by himself just twisted my guts. Sami walked over to me afterwards and told me she wanted to leave and get something to eat. Her last game to cheer for didn't start for another couple of hours. So we started the long walk back to the car. She shut down and would not speak to anyone. Walking with her papaw she kept her head down and walking from behind I seen dad talking to her from time to time and giving her a hugs as they walked. I found out later that she was crying walking with dad. She is a strong minded little girl and like her dad she tries to bottle her emotions. So when it comes out it is in tears or anger.
We parted with dad and mom and stopped by Wendys to get a burger. Sitting in there I tried my best to not be too pissed off and hide what I was really feeling. playing with her and trying my best to comfort her without treating her like a baby.
I guess thinking about it on the way there she had made up her mind that she was done.

My baby girl that was voted to be the Princess and ride in the parade said she wasn't going to cheer at the game. She was finished with them. She went into the bathroom changed her clothes and took off her cheerleading stuff. So she walked out on the last game of the year. We grabbed the poster that the cheerleaders signed off the fence and took her cheer leading stuff back to the football field and gave it to the coach and explained why. One of the ladies told Amy that they voted for the coaches to walk them out a few days before. No one told us anything about it. Sami said she wasn't going to cheer for them next year that she would go some place else and do it.
I was a little sad for her but a little happy that she wouldn't go back and cheer. I know she wanted to. Cheer leading is a really big deal to her and she tries hard. But the bond that we have as a family is stronger than almost anyone elses that I know. I didn't say anything either way about her not going back to cheer but to be honest I'm proud she took a stand and that she walked out. I have felt like crap almost all day and now I can't sleep thinking about all this. I guess that is why I wrote it. I normally don't air family issues with people but I have to say I feel a little better. I'm a lucky man to have such great kids, wife and mom and dad. I was just telling someone the other day that I remember dad getting sick years ago and they called us in to say our good byes. He had a blood vessel burst in his brain. They said he would pass by morning. That was almost 20 years ago. To say dad is a fighter is an understatement. We found out a few years ago that he was ate up with cancer. He doesn't let it get him down and I'm glad the Lord seen fit to keep him around long enough for my kids to get to know him. A man that if every man was made in his mold the world would be alot better place.
Happy but rough day! My baby girl! 008-1
Happy but rough day! My baby girl! 005-2
Happy but rough day! My baby girl! 006

Last edited by RebStew on November 9th 2009, 5:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Happy but rough day! My baby girl! Empty Re: Happy but rough day! My baby girl!

Post by RebStew November 9th 2009, 7:11 am

Happy but rough day! My baby girl! 003-1Happy but rough day! My baby girl! 004
Happy but rough day! My baby girl! 007-2
Aryan and Corey playing ball
Happy but rough day! My baby girl! 010-2

Last edited by RebStew on November 9th 2009, 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 9th 2009, 7:13 am

Happy but rough day! My baby girl! 022-1
Sami and dad on the other side of the 50.
Happy but rough day! My baby girl! 013-1
Happy but rough day! My baby girl! 014
Happy but rough day! My baby girl! 017-2
Dad and Sami after we were leaving.
Happy but rough day! My baby girl! 019-2
Happy but rough day! My baby girl! 020-2
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 9th 2009, 7:24 am

Happy but rough day! My baby girl! 025-1

She didn't like my makeup session so she had to wipe it off and do it after the pics. Very Happy
Happy but rough day! My baby girl! 028-2
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel November 12th 2009, 1:49 am

That was a definite roller coaster of feelings that day. Not even one person has called me to say anything. I guess they won't. Sami girl all I can say is NFF's lost and the Middle School's gain!! You keep on doing what you enjoy!
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down