{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help jb1o pic a car

+11
John B
Glenn
big dogs 42
JRiggs
Virtualjunkyard
magicman_1968
falconwagon62
RebStew
Mr. Fabulous
Lady rebel
jbs10
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

help jb1o pic a car - Page 2 Empty Re: help jb1o pic a car

Post by magicman_1968 October 27th 2009, 4:31 pm

big dogs 42 wrote:Oh he won't find the fords there!!! Their still on the roads I found out today what the Gm stands for on the new camaros Goverment Made thanks to Obama's bailout money funnny Ford didn't need it they were still selling cars !!!! lol!
I cant argue that....Im not interested in anything new from the Big Three....The way they have done the American people by moving most of the jobs out of the country, you shouldnt buy anything from them...... Evil or Very Mad but thats another subject..... Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous October 27th 2009, 4:47 pm

John B wrote:
Glenn wrote: that wagon will never get the looks the chevelle wil done or not

I have to respectfully disagree with that part of your post Glenn. It all comes down to who is doing the looking and where the looking is being done at.

Ditto
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane October 27th 2009, 10:32 pm

Thats why we all want the good old cars when they were american...it just shows through.....get trhe chevelle!!!!!!!

Shane
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 October 28th 2009, 6:15 pm

well it looks like going on a road trip sat.to DETROIT. to look at the WAGON the guy is ral kool and has lots of outher hot rods he say it is rust rusty.but this is not to be a nice car but a rat rod yes i said it RAT ROD.well to me says it all. just a cool old car not a show car.i still like the chevelle and that is more me but this is some thing difernt if iget tired of ti will sell it to buy a chevell some day. Rolling Eyes if a get will poast pic.
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane October 28th 2009, 10:54 pm

If you need a hand lemme know. Rat Rod....what's the world coming too?

Shane
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

help jb1o pic a car - Page 2 Empty jbs10 pick a ride

Post by Glenn October 28th 2009, 11:21 pm

I don't think you ll find another chevelle in the shape of that one at that price! GOOD LUCK
Glenn
Glenn
Scrounger

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 October 29th 2009, 12:07 am

help jb1o pic a car - Page 2 Th_0020027a2
help jb1o pic a car - Page 2 0020027a2
or this on the ham. but its in tx.need some floor work hum.
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 29th 2009, 12:26 am

Let's go!! TX is cool. We can stop in at Austin speed Shop and chat with Bob Bleed and maybe Jesse James will walk in. He called me a fag last time on the computer. Time to put up or shut up Jesse. LOL
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 October 29th 2009, 1:18 am

Glenn wrote:I don't think you ll find another chevelle in the shape of that one at that price! GOOD LUCK
Sure he will Wink .....Them old Chevelles are a dime a dozen Rolling Eyes ......
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 October 29th 2009, 1:51 am

RebStew wrote:Let's go!! TX is cool. We can stop in at Austin speed Shop and chat with Bob Bleed and maybe Jesse James will walk in. He called me a fag last time on the computer. Time to put up or shut up Jesse. LOL
this a 18 hr drive 1 way but its cool w me but need to find some bigger to drive some pople whant to go so we need some thing w/ lots of room and ant to bad on gas that can pull it home?????if its tx it will take a 2 day.?? still in.
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 29th 2009, 3:24 am

jbs10 wrote:
RebStew wrote:Let's go!! TX is cool. We can stop in at Austin speed Shop and chat with Bob Bleed and maybe Jesse James will walk in. He called me a fag last time on the computer. Time to put up or shut up Jesse. LOL
this a 18 hr drive 1 way but its cool w me but need to find some bigger to drive some pople whant to go so we need some thing w/ lots of room and ant to bad on gas that can pull it home?????if its tx it will take a 2 day.?? still in.
I'm in if it's not this Saturday. If it is I will have to sit this one out. Amy reminded me that it's trick or treat night with the kids.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous October 29th 2009, 3:31 am

You be back by Thursday? Remember we talked about that.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 October 29th 2009, 5:09 am

jbs10 wrote:

God I love road trips....no chicks allowed, always wanting to stop and pee....Did the Atlanta to Trenton round trip in 18 hours, when I went and got the 5 hour Rambler...and did the new Doug Ice 1970-1/2 Falcon Suffolk, VA. and back in 23 hours...That was a LOOOOOOOOONG Day...both by my self.....
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 October 29th 2009, 2:45 pm

damit he just told me he got the 58 wagon sold. Mad Mad
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 29th 2009, 3:07 pm

that stinks
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by ran~man October 29th 2009, 4:19 pm

Johnny, I have to say, good back n forth regarding your decision "58 vs Chevelle".
So ok, hey all, I am the one that "had" the 58 Wagon. First off, I was not the one who put the 59 Caddy lites on it (I got it that way). I did put the rims/tires on it though.
I was really wanting to keep it, but life is getting in the way of my hobbby. The 58 was a cool ride (total driver) to take to cruises, shows, swaps, etc...I could throw a cooler in the back with lawn chairs and pull up anywhere and be set. Also, if I stumbled upon a show or event, I could just let the tailgate down / rear window up and have a ready made seat.

It was just a cool old skool car, the history is: This car belonged to the founder of United Street Machines Assoc. here in Detroit area (they are the biggest car club in the Detroit metro area and do shows for needed kids and have the Shriners involved). He (Ralphie) use to pull a smal trailer to each show/event that had the DJ gear and trophies, etc. So the car in known here in Detroit.

Anytime I took it out, there was always someone saying "WOW, Ralphies car is still around, cool!" In fact, at the 2008 Woodward Dream Cruise, I did not see another 58 Wagon out there. It was like when I had my 59 Edsel at the cruises...only one.

I had plans of just straightening up the 'areas' that needed attention and possibly repainting it back to the "Gold" that it use to be...and a set of 4"ww Cokers on the steel rims, also a set of Lake pipes and "thought about tinting the windows". That would've been all...then drive it.

But it is now in anothers hands to restore. The guy that got the car has a collision shop and another offsite building where he restores classics for his personal use (he also has a 50 Chevy Sedan Del).

I am totally partial to wagons as they are unique and so ugly, they are cool (done right and nothing newer than a 69 for me)

Anyway, thank you Johnny for your interest and mostly turning me onto this site. Smile I will let you konw when any cool shows/swaps will be happening up here (i.e. Billetproof, GM Tech Center Show/Swap and of coarse the Woodward Dream Cruise).
I will try and get my other rides (past n present) posted on here too...thanx from Detroit, The Motor City...ran~man
ran~man
ran~man
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 October 29th 2009, 4:44 pm

Hey ran-man welcome to our forum.....cool story behind the wagon.....Ive been wanting to hit the Woodward Dream Criuse for a few years now but never made it yet.....I cross the Ambassador Bridge every week in a truck to go to Toronto ........maybe this comming year we will make it up there in the car..... Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 October 31st 2009, 1:22 pm

well it looks like the chevelle win cheers on my way to vr, to pic it up , me and glenn r leaveing this Sleep morning to go look at .the guy came way down on his price$$ will post some pic of the trip when we get back
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 31st 2009, 3:24 pm

magicman_1968 wrote:Hey ran-man welcome to our forum.....cool story behind the wagon.....Ive been wanting to hit the Woodward Dream Criuse for a few years now but never made it yet.....I cross the Ambassador Bridge every week in a truck to go to Toronto ........maybe this comming year we will make it up there in the car..... Very Happy
Joe I was talking about this to Vickers too. We need to make the Woodward deal this year for sure.
Ran~Man glad to have you on the forum. I'd like to see some of those car pics too. Welcom and make yourself at home.....
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 October 31st 2009, 5:35 pm

RebStew wrote:
magicman_1968 wrote:Hey ran-man welcome to our forum.....cool story behind the wagon.....Ive been wanting to hit the Woodward Dream Criuse for a few years now but never made it yet.....I cross the Ambassador Bridge every week in a truck to go to Toronto ........maybe this comming year we will make it up there in the car..... Very Happy
Joe I was talking about this to Vickers too. We need to make the Woodward deal this year for sure.
Ran~Man glad to have you on the forum. I'd like to see some of those car pics too. Welcom and make yourself at home.....
Yea man bounce i say lets put it on the books and do it this year.....i put the 3:30 gears in the Velle last month, it will cruise a little easier now Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 31st 2009, 7:57 pm

If anyone finds a date for the Woodward Dream Cruise let me know and we will make it one of our runs this year.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 October 31st 2009, 10:57 pm

Aug. 21st 2010........ http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/faq.php ....for some reason i cant put the link on here right be there it is.... Very Happy

Edited: I fixed it. Steve
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 31st 2009, 11:29 pm

magicman_1968 wrote:Aug. 21st 2010........ http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/faq.php ....for some reason i cant put the link on here right be there it is.... Very Happy

Man O man. I'm not sure about that one now. The Monmouth Street Show is Aug 22 2010. That may be cutting into our last minute fix it problems for our show. I'll have to look into this more.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 November 1st 2009, 4:06 pm

magicman_1968 wrote:Aug. 21st 2010........ http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/faq.php ....for some reason i cant put the link on here right be there it is.... Very Happy

I have some friends from up home that go do this annually. They always go up Friday evening then come home late Saturday nite.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 November 2nd 2009, 1:06 am

we got the 72 chevelle in virginia ti rained the hole trip but not a bad ride didnt have any troble at all. Wink
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: