{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad day for me!! The new 55 isnt so new now lol

3 posters

Go down

Bad day for me!!  The new 55 isnt so new now lol Empty Bad day for me!! The new 55 isnt so new now lol

Post by tiresmoke55 November 21st 2007, 9:15 am

Bad day for me! ill be working in the garage this weekend.. nasty valve train noise scratch

Since it was kinda nice out i wanted to go for a small ride in the new 55 today and maybe show it to some friends for the first time since i just got it,,
long story short i guess i kicked it just a bit to hard Sad
I have only drove the car twice but it felt really strong and sounded great and i know it had around 300 miles on a new rebuilt engine with all the goddies,,
the motor can rev in the upper 6k rpm range easy but i ran it to around 5000 rpm's in 2nd and 3rd and i guess i floated out some of the lifters... and now the top end in that 406 sbc sounds really nasty,,,
I guess im going too change lifters, check the springs, push rods and hope the cam is ok now,,

i guess the lifters where a bit on the weak side,,, this really sux's for me i just bought the car 2 weeks ago and today made the 3rd time driving it before it broke,,
The odd thing is why this happend to a Nice Built fresh motor, at low rpm's?
The car has a big gears in it and if i ran it to hard and over reved it that would be fine but trust me i didnt,,, Heck i would feel alot better if i was beating the eye ball out of it and it just blew up then i would know why lol

Hot Rods can be mean at times but i guess that is the name of the game!! To be honest im glad it did it Now and not on a long trip or at the track... I hope to be back on the road this weekend.. i want to get some driving in before all the Snow,
tiresmoke55
tiresmoke55
Scrounger

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Bad day for me!!  The new 55 isnt so new now lol Empty Bad Day

Post by reddogg November 21st 2007, 5:37 pm

Living up to your screen name, huh. We all get those urges( sometimes they cost). I got 2 or 3 couple weeks ago. Joe

reddogg
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Bad day for me!!  The new 55 isnt so new now lol Empty Re: Bad day for me!! The new 55 isnt so new now lol

Post by tiresmoke55 November 23rd 2007, 3:42 pm

Well its the bottom end, couldnt hear it when it was hot,, me and ron started it when it was cold, and it was knocking,,, another motor should be in it in the next few weeks,, sticking a fresh std bore 400 in it,,
tiresmoke55
tiresmoke55
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Bad day for me!!  The new 55 isnt so new now lol Empty Re: Bad day for me!! The new 55 isnt so new now lol

Post by RebStew November 23rd 2007, 4:18 pm

tiresmoke55 wrote:Well its the bottom end, couldnt hear it when it was hot,, me and ron started it when it was cold, and it was knocking,,, another motor should be in it in the next few weeks,, sticking a fresh std bore 400 in it,,
that stinks. does that engine have a blower on it?
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by tiresmoke55 November 23rd 2007, 4:31 pm

No they took the blower of the car when they put the 406 in it,,, i wish it still was on there but from what i here it never ran right,,,
tiresmoke55
tiresmoke55
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 23rd 2007, 5:08 pm

tiresmoke55 wrote:No they took the blower of the car when they put the 406 in it,,, i wish it still was on there but from what i here it never ran right,,,
who ended up with the blower? that would be cool on the gasser
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by tiresmoke55 November 23rd 2007, 5:25 pm

RebStew wrote:
tiresmoke55 wrote:No they took the blower of the car when they put the 406 in it,,, i wish it still was on there but from what i here it never ran right,,,
who ended up with the blower? that would be cool on the gasser

Not really sure,,, i think it was in on the trade for the motor that is in my car now..
tiresmoke55
tiresmoke55
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by tiresmoke55 November 25th 2007, 10:17 am

Well i started working on the motor that im sticking in the 55 today,,
Even tho its fresh it has been sitting for about a year in my garage so i thought it was best to go ahead and rebuild it,,
I took the block all apart today,, the crank and pistons looked better then i figured, no problems, 10/10 crank, speed pro 11/1 comp flat top pistons still look like new.....
I did stop today and ordered new rod & main bearings also rings, and all the other goodies its going to take to get this beast running again,,
The new motor should be built by next weekend or so, depending on the rest of the parts,, I plan on pulling the car in and taking the blowed motor out and putting the heads on the new one this week.... FUN FUN FUN Smile
atleast when the motor is out, i will beable to take my time and make it look really good under the hood,,,,,
Just hope to get it out and drive for a bit before x-mas santa
tiresmoke55
tiresmoke55
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum