{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gotta be one of the wildest Falcon's I seen

+2
RebStew
falconwagon62
6 posters

Go down

Gotta be one of the wildest Falcon's I seen Empty Gotta be one of the wildest Falcon's I seen

Post by falconwagon62 July 30th 2009, 6:53 pm

falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Gotta be one of the wildest Falcon's I seen Empty Re: Gotta be one of the wildest Falcon's I seen

Post by RebStew July 30th 2009, 7:08 pm

Someone sure put in the Very Happy wrench time. John bidding starts a $120,000.00 You could win this...
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Gotta be one of the wildest Falcon's I seen Empty Re: Gotta be one of the wildest Falcon's I seen

Post by Mr. Fabulous July 30th 2009, 7:30 pm

You only have to come up with $2000 within 48 hrs of the end of the auction!

Saw that Ford at Columbus GG's last year. It sure has a mean rumble when it goes by.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 July 30th 2009, 7:35 pm

RebStew wrote:Someone sure put in the Very Happy wrench time. John bidding starts a $120,000.00 You could win this...

I would, but I don't like the wheels.... Razz
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster July 30th 2009, 7:49 pm

"0 bids" at only $120,000.00, I wonder why?
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CustomCabby July 31st 2009, 3:28 pm

It looks awesome all accept for the "fast back" with the funky rear window. To each his own, I guess.

CustomCabby
Restorer

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous July 31st 2009, 4:18 pm

John...........was that a factory sponsored deal way back when. I thought they had a couple of those made for racing. Seems I remember it in the old old Hot Rod mags. You should know if anybody does.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by puddin head July 31st 2009, 7:17 pm

Holmann Moody made some, but this is not one of them.

During the spring of 1963 the Falcon got its own fastback roofline, as the Falcon Futura became available as a two-door "hardtop-fastback" (actually called a "scatback"), making the ’631/2 Futura the most desired Falcon ever. And finally, Ford added the 260ci two-barrel V-8 with 164 hp to the option list. The lightweight small-block V-8, introduced a year earlier in the Fairlane, was a logical upgrade for Falcon buyers seeking real power. With the V-8 came a new, downsized, removable-carrier 3.25:1 conventional rear end with an 8-inch ring gear. Brake size was also increased to 10 inches, which improved stopping considerably.

Another terrific midyear addition was the Falcon Sprint package for fastback-hardtops and convertibles, the result of research and development conducted by Holman-Moody on a ’62 Falcon two-door sedan test mule, known as the Challenger. The Falcon Challenger was going to be built by Holman-Moody and marketed through Ford dealers, similar to the Shelby Mustang two years later. The Challenger had a stock 164-horse 260ci V-8, four-speed, 3.50:1 gears, handling package, larger tires and--would you believe--four-wheel Airheart disc brakes.

The Holman-Moody Falcon Challenger never saw production, but Ford decided to produce the in-house Falcon Sprint instead. Although it was a watered-down version of the Challenger, the Falcon Sprint turned out to be the sporty Falcon Ford’s product planners envisioned for the company’s corporate image. Think of the Sprint as a Falcon Futura on steroids, with chassis stiffening, a firmer suspension, a sport steering wheel, a tachometer, a Borg-Warner T10 four-speed, wire-style wheel covers, and a glass-pack muffler to enhance the pulse from the 260 V-8.

The above found March 29, 2006 here: http://www.mustangandfords.com/thehistoryof/25798/index4.html

A notch back version of the Ford Falcon Challenger raced at the Sebring 12 hour race in 1962. The car was built in three weeks and driven by Marvin Panch and Jocko Maggiacomo. Finished 2nd in class and 36th overall. In your wildest dreams, could you ever imagine a Falcon leading a Ferrari GTO at Sebring? The Challenger I surprised many. It was proposed for entry in the 1962 Le Mans 24 hours but the entry was not accepted.

Last edited by puddin head on July 31st 2009, 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)
puddin head
puddin head
Scrounger

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 31st 2009, 7:25 pm

Wow Terry you stay gone for so long and say nothing and then all at once...... Laughing
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous July 31st 2009, 7:36 pm

I thought the "Scatback" was the real name for those. When I saw that car a couple of years ago, I thought there were some made for racing but I didn't remember that the NASCAR boys drove them. That's cool that you either remembered or knew where to get it. Thumbs up to you!!! cheers
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by puddin head July 31st 2009, 9:38 pm

Hey Steve. I've been lurking and watching whats' been going on and passing along to others in the Falcon Club, like the cruise out 32 that I couldn't make. Busy here at work since I'm the HTC (head turd catcher) and there have been a lot rolling down hill. Many times I've been meaning to head over for the cruise-in, but....... Hope to see you all soon. If you guys and gals can make it to the F.A.R.M. show over here in september you'll have a great time and it's free on saturday with the cruise-in. Tractor pulls, RC boats on the lake, threshing demonstations with old equipment and more. See ya!!!!!
puddin head
puddin head
Scrounger

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down