{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Gas Stations, Hotels and Car Hop Pics

+32
Nanook
Marty042
magicman_1968
gemnewt
Reb Stew
Brownie
Roller Coaster
SMOKNZ
Arieldouglas
Chris55
hotrodaaron77
foxlincoln
junkyard junky
Butch Thompson
Z-YOU
Moparcowboy
oldman
Cratethis
Hellvis
Rage
Admin
FalconEddie1964
da injun
xycho_wraith
Virtualjunkyard
fuel10922
JRiggs
LRS30
John B
Mr. Fabulous
herb73
RebStew
36 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Old Gas Stations, Hotels and Car Hop Pics - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Gas Stations, Hotels and Car Hop Pics

Post by da injun September 30th 2012, 3:57 am

I-275 at Taylor Mill 1977Old Gas Stations, Hotels and Car Hop Pics - Page 16 I-275_10
da injun
da injun
Mechanic

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Old Gas Stations, Hotels and Car Hop Pics - Page 16 Empty Re: Old Gas Stations, Hotels and Car Hop Pics

Post by Arieldouglas September 30th 2012, 5:38 am

da injun wrote:O.K. Not an old gas station, motel, or car hop pic...BUT, a cool photo from Newport....Jan. 13, 1976. And if it is o.k. and not off topic I would like to post more NKY photos.[img]Old Gas Stations, Hotels and Car Hop Pics - Page 16 Januar10[/img]

Freight loco down the middle of the street??
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by da injun September 30th 2012, 6:11 am

Saratoga Street Newport Ky. I will post more photos of that "street running" operation. It was mostly transfer runs from Clair Yard near Lunken to Decoursey Yard in Latonia. If you are geeky like me you can do a Google satellite search and you will still be able to see exactly where this line once ran. I think they abandoned it in 1985 86 or so.

There are still quite a few street running trains left in the U.S. One in Bedford Indiana had a right of way through the town square until just a few years ago. Youtube search "train street running" you'll see all kinds of trains in neighborhoods.
da injun
da injun
Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas September 30th 2012, 6:36 am

Never thought about it. We used to have street cars in Nashville that ran down the street. General Motors bought the street car company and shut it down. Then GM "offered" to sell the city busses to replace the missing trolleys. If you want to piss my dad off all you have to do is ask him about it.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew September 30th 2012, 7:34 am

da injun wrote:O.K. Not an old gas station, motel, or car hop pic...BUT, a cool photo from Newport....Jan. 13, 1976. And if it is o.k. and not off topic I would like to post more NKY photos.
You are welcome to post anything you want Dennis, you know that. Very cool pics! Brings back my childhood seeing a train on that street. Tracks are not even there anymore. What a shame. Life was so simple then.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by da injun October 1st 2012, 5:34 am

Damn, I cannot get shit to post now. But I am transferring pictures into smaller folders to make them easier to find. I have 1000's of photos of all kinds of stuff. From cars, trains, old city street scenes, neon signs, old motels/hotels, cafes, diners, restaurants, in general all old stuff. Maybe I should just post the whole folder.
da injun
da injun
Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by da injun October 4th 2012, 2:33 am

[img]Old Gas Stations, Hotels and Car Hop Pics - Page 16 3076_110
da injun
da injun
Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew October 4th 2012, 4:54 am

10th and Saratoga St. That is Kincaid Auto Sales, 1039 Saratoga St. Newport, KY 41071 on the left. I use to repo for them and became good friends with the guy that owned it and many other places until he tried to hire a hitman to kill his wife. He had enough cash that he talked his way into the nut house. After he served his time and was ready to walk they charge him with the murder of his first wife, 17 years before the charge of hiring a hitman for his then current wife. He just went right back in the nut house and is still there.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew October 4th 2012, 4:59 am

Would that be Wayne Kincaid's Nova?
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Butch Thompson October 4th 2012, 5:01 am

yes
Butch Thompson
Butch Thompson
National Sergeant at Arms

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew October 4th 2012, 5:01 am

If you look have way down on the left side of the street is where Johnny Bennett(JBS10) use to live when we were kids.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew October 4th 2012, 5:01 am

Butch Thompson wrote:yes
I thought so.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Butch Thompson October 4th 2012, 5:03 am

my old garage was next too the bridge too the rt parking lot now sad
Butch Thompson
Butch Thompson
National Sergeant at Arms

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew October 4th 2012, 5:06 am

Butch Thompson wrote:my old garage was next too the bridge too the rt parking lot now sad
Twisted Evil
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew October 4th 2012, 5:10 am

On the right was Gabby's Bar which everyone called Stabby Gabby's. The name stuck and with good reason. Eyeballs on the floor every Friday night. I remember being in there when I was 19 years old and they were serving me the hard stuff. I was in bad shape. Years later when it closed up the Mexicans moved in there and rented it to live in. They were telling me it was haunted. I told a few of them some stories and it didn't take long and they moved out. Very Happy
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew October 4th 2012, 5:12 am

7th and Saratoga was Tallens Auto Parts. The last mom and pop auto parts store in Newport. You could ask for something and 99% of the time they went and grabbed what you needed and never used a book or computer. Scotty knew his stuff!
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew October 4th 2012, 5:14 am

I wish I had a dollar for every time I crossed that street.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas October 4th 2012, 5:17 am

You know, my best friend in high-school lived between the I and the train tracks but I just don't know if I could get used to a freight train running down the street in front of the house. Shocked
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs October 4th 2012, 7:04 am

Reb Stew wrote:7th and Saratoga was Tallens Auto Parts. The last mom and pop auto parts store in Newport. You could ask for something and 99% of the time they went and grabbed what you needed and never used a book or computer. Scotty knew his stuff!

its a shame that something else got the best of scotty.....

Sad
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew October 4th 2012, 9:39 am

Yea sticking that powder up your nose will do that to you. Bad enough to trade his GTO for some. Evil or Very Mad
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by da injun October 7th 2012, 1:04 am

[img]Old Gas Stations, Hotels and Car Hop Pics - Page 16 Di462310[/img]
da injun
da injun
Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by da injun October 7th 2012, 1:20 am

[img]Old Gas Stations, Hotels and Car Hop Pics - Page 16 Di444010[/img]
da injun
da injun
Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew October 7th 2012, 4:32 am

da injun wrote:[img]Old Gas Stations, Hotels and Car Hop Pics - Page 16 Di462310[/img]
Lowell St. In the West end. They just pulled up the rail road ties a few months ago. The AA highway will be running right down that street in a couple years.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew October 7th 2012, 4:35 am

da injun wrote:[img]Old Gas Stations, Hotels and Car Hop Pics - Page 16 Di444010[/img]
Monmouth St. In front of that Bronco is Jerry Peluso's Chevy truck. He's the Mayor if Newport. He still owns it and it sits out in front at times. he was wanting me to do some work on it a while back but he's so busy we could never get together.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by da injun October 10th 2012, 12:43 am

Poopy's Carryout. Aug. 30, 1989.[img]Old Gas Stations, Hotels and Car Hop Pics - Page 16 August10
da injun
da injun
Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next