{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

geezer gasser rules.

4 posters

Go down

geezer gasser rules. Empty geezer gasser rules.

Post by JRiggs November 9th 2007, 4:24 am

These guidelines are presented as the basis and foundation for the group and our motto" Drag Racing The Old Way". It is our belief and focus that all the vehicles competing directly resemble as closely as reasonably possible the gas class vehicles of the mid 60's - the so called "Gasser Wars" relived. Anything that makes a vehicle look or act like current generation "bracket car" is cause for immediate disqualification from participation. All decisions made by the technical staff relating to appearance and safety are final. Our focus is safety, entertainment, putting on a good show and having fun. Competitive spirit is welcome, bad attitudes are not. These rules are subject to change and interpretation by the Geezer Gassers technical team. All decisions are final.

SAFETY

All vehicles will be required to meet the safety criteria of the sanctioning body or host track affiliation i.e. NHRA, IHRA, Goodguys VDRA.
Chassis certifications are encouraged for all vehicles, but not required.
Track or sanctioning body technical inspectors have the final word.
You must gave at least one working red rear taillight
Wheelie Bar(s) REQUIRED on any vehicle that is capable of pulling the front wheels 12 inches or more on launch or when shifting gears.

ELECTRONICS

Absolutely NO electronic engine, transmission, or power train controls are permitted in competition.
This includes but not limited to:
Delay boxes
Throttle Stops
Crossover boxes
Data recorders/monitors/playback systems
Traction control/monitors/regulators
Infrared starting line systems
Air Shifters
Exceptions to the rule are:
Line locks
Trans brakes
Rev limiter/Playback tachometers/Ignition boxes
Rev limiters can be used only as engine protection. They are not to be used for launch or start line process.

BODY TYPES & Suspension

All body type must be based on a 1952 or earlier year of production.
Fiberglass reproduction of complete bodies as well as components are permitted
All bodies must retain the appearance of the original.
No body enhancements or aerodynamic improvements are permitted
This will include but not limited to:
Raised quarter panes or rear fenders
Wings or airfoil spoilers
Pro stock or snorkel type hood scoops
Period type/correct paint schemes are required
No present day graphics or schemes are permitted.
Primer is OK - any color or tinting
Any lettering - driver identification, sponsorship, nicknames must be in good taste - permanent paint or vinyl lettering is acceptable.
Front suspension - straight axle front ends, suspension of the '60's a must.
Rear suspension - parallel leaf springs, transverse leaf springs, coil overs and ladder bars are acceptable. 4-link suspension will be considered on individual competition basis.
Wheels from the period are the only ones accepted i.e. aluminum slots, Cragars, Halibrands, painted steel wheels are the first choice. Absolutely no late generation billet or spun aluminum wheels i.e. Centerlines, Welds

Rear tires cannot be wider than 12" (tread width) and no larger than 32" tall (diameter)

POWER TRAIN

This is a "GAS" class, therefore ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL, NITROMETHANE, or other exotic type fuels or additives are permitted. NO NITROUS OXIDE IS ALLOWED.
Engines are permitted, any OEM or after market iron or aluminum cylinder head.
Superchargers are restricted to Roots type only, no larger than 8:71. No screw, Whipple or centrifugal type.
No exhaust driven turbochargers.
Any OEM or after market iron or aluminum intake is permitted. Carburetor or mechanical fuel injection may be used for fuel delivery alone or with supercharger.
Any transmission may be used to include full automatic, stick shift or manual, clutch flite or hydromatic.
Any ignition type i.e. magneto, points, transistorized or MSD.
Car will have to be self starting (no remote battery carts or starters) and will have to drive under it's own power from the pits ot the staging lanes. After the pass down the track, the car must drive under it's own power down the return road to return to the pit area.

copied from: http://www.geezergassers.com/rules.php
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

geezer gasser rules. Empty Re: geezer gasser rules.

Post by RebStew November 9th 2007, 4:32 am

this shot us down
"All body type must be based on a 1952 or earlier year of production. "
but it is some cool reading
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

geezer gasser rules. Empty ?

Post by RebStew November 9th 2007, 4:36 am

Class A 0 to 8.99 pounds per cubic inch
Class B 9.00 to 10.99 pounds per cubic inch
Class C 11.00 to 12.99 pounds per cubic inch

Class D 13.00 to 13.99 pounds per cubic inch
Class E 14.00 or more pounds per cubic inch
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous November 9th 2007, 2:20 pm

The Goodguys run gas classes and something like Hot Rod 1 and 2. I don't think they have a '52 and older rule. They have a rule book somewhere (VDRA). Not sure if they have them on the web site or not. There's also a bunch of gasser types based out of the mid-west. I don't remember what they call themselves. I know they got some '55 Chevies in the group. With a gasser type car you could race at all the Goodguys events (Indy, Bowling Green, Norwalk) the Gasser Reunion, the Nat'l Hot Rod Reunion plus screw around locally in the brackets. There's a lot more meets to run one of these than the HA/GR car. I wish I had a bunch to contribute. It looks like your on the doorstep of a whole bunch of fun with a Bird of Prey!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 9th 2007, 3:13 pm

yeah .I think this will be more easy going than the rail ever was. we all kind of see the same thing the car will be. "bird or pray" we may have to paint that on the car Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous November 9th 2007, 3:23 pm

Here's a link to the Goodguys Vintage Racing Association rules and regs. I don't have time to look right now. I should be working!!!

http://www.vratech.com/2007_rulebook/vra_2007_rules_toc.htm

Let me know what you find.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by da injun November 30th 2007, 2:32 am

Geezer Gassers suck. Not very traditional...when you tell a traditional Willys owner that launches it at the line 4 feet into the air, to put wheelie bars and not make it traditional or leave the group. F... thE Geezer Gassers, they have some b.s. rules, and the dude that runs the group is an asshole.
da injun
da injun
Mechanic

Number of posts : 257

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 30th 2007, 3:06 am

da injun wrote:Geezer Gassers suck. Not very traditional...when you tell a traditional Willys owner that launches it at the line 4 feet into the air, to put wheelie bars and not make it traditional or leave the group. F... thE Geezer Gassers, they have some b.s. rules, and the dude that runs the group is an asshole.
that's what I've heard.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous November 30th 2007, 5:27 am

Yeah, they told the "Hand Shaker" to limit his wheelstands to 12" after he set it on the back bumper down at Beech Bend. It was awsume!!! He said he was racing with the 4-speed guys this past summer. They got a North and South group in the area, Kinda like the Ozark Mountain Super Shifters. The only thing is that I don't think you guys plan on a stick do you?? There's all kinds of groups to hook up with.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 30th 2007, 5:39 am

we are not gonna run a stick in it this year. but it may be in the works later if everything works out good on this car. I love to bang gears Twisted Evil
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous November 30th 2007, 5:50 am

Cool!!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down