{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday in the Sun

Go down

Sunday in the Sun Empty Sunday in the Sun

Post by FalconEddie1964 April 29th 2009, 5:03 am

My wife and I were up long before dawn to head out for Indianapolis. I sure liked it when they weren't on daylight savings time. It gave you an extra hour of sleep. It makes an early flight when they start at 8:30 and it takes a little over 2 hours to get there. Anyway you look at it, leaving the house at 6:30 is early.
The first thing that suprised me was the new permanent grandstand. Looks like they're planning on a change in the economy to fill that bad boy this summer.
Sunday in the Sun 003
They ran Top Sportsman and Top Dragster over there. It was like the 8.90 class on steroids (or nitrus)
Sunday in the Sun 004
Sunday in the Sun 006
Sunday in the Sun 007
It was interesting to see these things run low 7.00's and high 6.00's. ( That's in the 1/4 not the eighth)
A couple of Comp Elimimator cars.
Sunday in the Sun 028
Sunday in the Sun 016
Sunday in the Sun 024
One of the new Dodges all dressed up and running Stock Eliminator
Sunday in the Sun 020
Another heavy hitter in Stock Eliminator was this four door Chevy
Sunday in the Sun 057
After what seemed like forever it was time for the Super Stockers. They were all running well under their indexs and pulling the front wheels at ease.
Sunday in the Sun 036
Sunday in the Sun 039
Sunday in the Sun 040
Sunday in the Sun 042
Sunday in the Sun 043
You just have to love the smell of rubber and fuel or alchol in the morning
Sunday in the Sun 051
Sunday in the Sun 055
The final run of the weekend with Bobby Martin defeating Mitch Snyder for the Alchol Funny Car title.
Sunday in the Sun 065
All in all it was a beautiful day, maybe a little long but still well worth the drive and the dough. I just wanted to see some racing and get out to do something before the price of gas goes crazy again the summer.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down