{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Late 50's vintage HI-LO Camper FS or Trade

Go down

Late 50's vintage HI-LO Camper FS or Trade Empty Late 50's vintage HI-LO Camper FS or Trade

Post by Blue Eyed Devil April 14th 2009, 6:38 am

This was going to be a project for me and the ol' lady but I'm not gonna be able to get to it for a while. It was made between 1957 and 1960 by the Snyder Trailer Company in Butler, OH which changed it's name to HI-LO Trailer Company in 1960. They are still around today. They are known for making this style of pop-up camper which is unique in it's design. It is a hard top with classic camper styling that collapses for easy towing and storage. It is compact in size (the box measures 9' x 6.5') so it would be great to tow behind a vintage vehicle.

This camper is a good example of their early design. It resembles most small campers of the era with aluminum skin and birchwood interior. It has a collapsible booth table which becomes a bed, sink, gas stove heater & refrigerator, and birch cabinets. It is in need of full restoration. The ceiling & upper cabinets have some water damage from the roof vent leaking, and one of the cables/pulleys will need repaired for the crank up/down mechanism to work. Until that is fixed it is stuck in the "up" position. It does need a lot of work, but it is definitely salvageable and would be one of the most unique vintage travel trailers out there. I towed it about 10 miles to my house and it pulled great. The lights & wiring will need gone through and tires will need replaced before towing it any long distances. I was asking $400 on the other boards, but I am willing to deal with friends. It needs to go. Open to interesting trades too! Let me know. Thanks...

Late 50's vintage HI-LO Camper FS or Trade CIMG0608

Late 50's vintage HI-LO Camper FS or Trade CIMG0609

Late 50's vintage HI-LO Camper FS or Trade CIMG0610

Late 50's vintage HI-LO Camper FS or Trade CIMG0614
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down