{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something dawned on me today

+2
RebStew
John B
6 posters

Go down

Something dawned on me today Empty Something dawned on me today

Post by John B November 6th 2007, 8:45 pm

I opened up the HAMB and at the top was a banner reminding me that my "alliance" membership would expire soon. I was really taken back to realize I don't care. I wasted 50 bucks on it last year. I haven't bought anything from the vendors this year, it didn't get me a discount on my HAMB shirts, hell it sure didn't give me any better treatment at the Cinematic. Since the Cinematic, I've come to understand that even on the Jaloipy Journal, there are classes. People who have the disposable income to run all over the states going to events and donating things to the auctions , are better thought of then those who sacrifice to go to one event, and have to sell things to have the extra money to support the HAMB by buying shirts and decals.

Now, I'm not saying I'll never buy a Alliance membership again, if I have need for it, then I'll shell out the money. When it's got some benefits to me. It's just that this time around it feels like it was a one way street. And yes, I know it's my own fault for not using the discounts, but I haven't needed anything. It's a great idea, I just bought into it for the wrong reason. My mistake.

Wonder how long before someone "stumbles" on to this post?
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Something dawned on me today Empty Re: Something dawned on me today

Post by RebStew November 6th 2007, 9:22 pm

it's funny you typed this. I was just out in the garage with Ronnie and Jonathan looking over my 36 truck. one thing that I kept to myself while we was talking about it was when I looked at the firwall. I have my HAMB tag over my VIN. I thought to myself what a waist of 50 bucks. I haven't been on the HAMB in a long time and when I do get on there I don't stay long. I thought a lot of HAMB at one time. even had my own HAMB decal made in red to match the 61's red paint. after the drive in deal I have to say The HAMB is not what I thought it was. If I wouldn't have drilled hole in my firewall for the HAMB tag I would have already tossed it. I won't buy another one but I do give mad props to Ryan. it was a good scam.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 6th 2007, 10:22 pm

It is what it is, I've been booted of the HAMB more times than I care to remember for voicing an opinion that did not meet the opinion of the Admin.,This last time I joined (under an new alias) I just tend to read more than input now. I've never insulted anyone, always just tried to explain my point but have noticed if you did not give them 50 bucks that your opinion is shit and you do not know a damn thing, I'm not saying I know everything but when I would chime in and it just happened to be against an Alliance member the Admin. would lock me out then it would make me mad then I would go off then they would bann me altogether... I like the HAMB met lots of cool people learned a lot, but it is what it is a Company that makes a guy(or couple of guys) some money. If your not Jeff Norwell , Kev Lee, Kiwi Kevin or other's who were a group of friends that before the HAMB then your just a pee-on.........Oh here I go again I feel a boot coming......lol Sorry guys I gotta go read the HAMB now....Ryan(The other Ryan)
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 6th 2007, 10:30 pm

lol Kewi Kev is so loved by all of us. lol I thought he was coming to Cincy to shut us down at one time. that would have been a fun trip home for him. Sleep Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 6th 2007, 10:34 pm

I admire his stuff from time to time, but he thinks he is the only guy to cut metal with fire.....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous November 7th 2007, 3:42 am

When I first came down and met most of you guys and noticed that a lot were Alliance members, I was afraid there would be pressure to become one to join the club. I just couldn't find enough crap that I was going to by from the correct vendors to justify spending the dough for the membership. The only thing that I could have possibly bought to make it worth my while was wide whites but I have researched and want to buy Diamond Back’s as opposed to Coker’s. Diamond Back isn't a vendor and I hardly see how they ever would be since Corky Coker sponsors the site. Jeff and I talked about maybe getting a membership to share but it still didn't look to be worth it. I think it shocked Jeff when he figured out that you had to renew it annually. I only get on the HAMB briefly to look at the pictures that are posted, for the "Friday Art Show", and the adventures of Bad Bob and his crew out in LA.
As for old Kiwi Kev, he just got a little too excited about two clubs with the same name half a world apart. You have to admit he has a fantastic collection of old Drag Racing memorabilia and general Hot Rod Stuff. His garage looks like a museum and I for one would like to see all his neat junk.
Until I talked to the kid at the Ducktail about voicing his opinion of the Cinematic and being banned for it, I didn't really have an opinion one way or the other. Once I learned of the censorship involved, I just cruise for pix or any racing news and leave a smart assed remark on occasion. Maybe it's from when I grew up or something else, but went people are pressured because they spoke their mind, I get a little upset and tend to leave the building.
‘Nuff Said!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 7th 2007, 4:27 am

right there with ya Mr. Fab......If you want a good example of ass hats check out my last major post.....
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197058&highlight=LRS30

It really gained steam but was a typical HAMB flame session on a 3 time loser, FNG since I lost all my previous titles for speaking my opinion, and have been banned for speaking the truth...LOL long live the UBER ALLIANCE (no insult to current scroungers who are alliance members) Oi!
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 7th 2007, 4:58 am

I'm reading through that post now. see! thats what I mean. who needs it. there is some great info on there but man, some of those guys need a smack down. Evil or Very Mad
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by 1/2done November 7th 2007, 5:24 am

Until I talked to the kid at the Ducktail about voicing his opinion of the Cinematic and being banned for it, I didn't really have an opinion one way or the other.
Meteorgasser was banned? For how long, he posted 11/4/07?
1/2done
1/2done
Mechanic

Number of posts : 282

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous November 7th 2007, 2:00 pm

I don't know how long he was in the penalty box. He said that he had to go to friends homes to be able to get on just to read the posts. I don't know if he had to use a different ID or a different computer. I'm not sure how they do that when your grounded and can't come out to play. I cruised back thru his posts and noticed there was a pretty long break in July. Never the less, I still think it was pretty shitty of them to shut that thread dowm about the Cenamatic. I know I'll never bother to post my opinion about anything on there. I just don't go for the Police State mentality. I realize they might not want a bunch of filthy language but one sould be able to voice an opinion on a presumed open forum.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I've met some pretty nice straight shooters on there. The gang from Indy are all nice guys and the Moonpies are great!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 7th 2007, 6:39 pm

I've got mine and will renew it when it's up. It saved me well over $100 on my tires and I REALLY like the traditional stuff, so it's worthwhile to me. Of course there's some assholes on the HAMB, there's assholes everywhere, what you gonna do? I wouldn't judge anyone on whether they have a membership for that reason...

Back to top Go down

Post by John B November 7th 2007, 6:57 pm

tim wrote:I've got mine and will renew it when it's up. It saved me well over $100 on my tires and I REALLY like the traditional stuff, so it's worthwhile to me. Of course there's some assholes on the HAMB, there's assholes everywhere, what you gonna do? I wouldn't judge anyone on whether they have a membership for that reason...

No one is saying that they will judge someone as an asshole just because they bought an alliance membership. Well, at least I'm not. The alliance membership is a good thing if it works for you. If you don't need anything from the vendors, then it's just $50 you could have spent someplace else. When the day comes that an alliance membership is a two way street, supports Atomic Inc AND helps me out, then I'll pony up the money happily.

It's not about if you like the traditional stuff or not, I mean if the HAMB collapsed tomorrow, the whole traditional scene won't fold over night. I was into the traditional stuff when I was a teenager, way before it came back in vogue. All I can say is this - I don't see how giving Atomic Inc. fifty bucks a year makes the traditional movement any stronger.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 7th 2007, 7:44 pm

That's not what I meant. A lot of people on the HAMB seem to judge people for NOT having an alliance membership and that's pretty gay. For me, the HAMB was and is, the easiest and most accessible way to learn about the trad stuff, and that's why I'll continue to renew even if I don't have parts to buy. I didn't know a whole lot about it until I found the HAMB and realized what tied all the stuff I loved together and I do learn something weekly, if not daily, from reading it. That's why I send them $50...

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 7th 2007, 8:14 pm

I don't think I ever picked up anything new weekly on the HAMB but it has helped me out from time to time. I think the $50.00 is okay for someone that spends a lot of time on there and wants to give something back for what they are learning but that the only benefit I see to it. you did get a little cut off the price of your tires but how much would one person really use it for discounts. I will be the first to admit that I wanted the tag for my firewall. to show support for Ryan, but if I had it to do it over I would have stuck the $50.00 into my truck some place where I could use it. there are hundreds of guys and gals that are willing to help you out on the HAMB but thats not the only place to get info. I was at cruise ins, car shows, friends dad's house's talking to them as well as everything I could get my hand on to read. traditional trends now a days are what we did back when we couldn't afford to do it right. primered body, steelie rims, sheets over the seats, heated springs for a drop was all done with the guys I hung out with in high school. most of the cars I had when I was younger would be highly sought after today, the way they sit but back then. but you was looked down on back then for not having a painted and fixed up perfect car. most of the things I've learned through the years was from getting out and doing it and not reading it on the "puter. I still think that is the best way. By the way . glad to see ya Tim.. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by 1/2done November 8th 2007, 1:16 am

I cruised back thru his posts and noticed there was a pretty long break in July.

I didn't go that far, I just saw that he was still active. I don't agree with the censorship of his opinion. If he paid his entry fee, he paid for the right to say it sucked if that's how he felt. I get tired of the ass kissing by the Stepford HAMBers and the cliqueie bullshit, but I guess you're going to have that. Will I renew my Alliance membership? Probably. I still get more than $50 worth of info per year and since I don't bake fucking cookies it lets me give something back.
1/2done
1/2done
Mechanic

Number of posts : 282

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 8th 2007, 1:23 am

1/2done wrote:quote]

since I don't bake fucking cookies it lets me give something back.
lol!
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid November 8th 2007, 2:14 am

I hardly go on the hamb just because its so hard to find anything on the site I think they need to have more category's that way not everything being dump in one area and you got to search threw it all just to find the stuff you like.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down