{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHAW and HUGHES OPEN HOUSE

+2
RebStew
LRS30
6 posters

Go down

SHAW and HUGHES OPEN HOUSE Empty SHAW and HUGHES OPEN HOUSE

Post by LRS30 March 26th 2009, 2:54 pm

I Know alot of you guys are affraid of dirt but if you wanna risk it this will be a hell of a good time. Last year was a good time lots of world class cars show up ..So enough promotion here is the info..I plan on going atleast to the races, we have a baseball game that day so once again everyone knows where my priorities are.. PM me for directions if interested..
Below is the invite from JOSH:
INVITE TO ALL!!

April 18th CINCINNATI Ohio.

My Shop and Wade Hughes shop is having our annual Open house party.

around 150 Hot rods and race cars will cruise in from all over the midwest.

We will feed everyone FOR FREE!! Hamburgers, hot dogs, Cincinnati Chili, and Larosa's Pizza.

The event will start at 10:00 and go till 2 or 3..

THEN THE BEST PART!!!!

Around 3:00 all the "Racers" at the Event are heading just 10 min. down the road to Lawrenceburg Speedway for USAC SPRINTS that night!!!

So come on down, have some food, drinks, check out some cool cars and then cruise on over to the Legendary LAWRENCEBURG SPEEDWAY for a great show!

Shaw Hot Rods
7427 Harrison Ave.
Cincinnati Oh. 45247

513-257-5121

Hope you all can make it!
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

SHAW and HUGHES OPEN HOUSE Empty Re: SHAW and HUGHES OPEN HOUSE

Post by RebStew March 26th 2009, 5:11 pm

Sounds like a fun time. I'm going to try to make it.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous March 26th 2009, 5:49 pm

Man that's cool. Pencil me in for that.

Isn't Wade Hughes noted for the "Ohio" style flames?

Depending on someones homework load, I may have to fly solo but I hope not.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 26th 2009, 8:42 pm

Yhea he and Bill Reol started the trend for the OHIO Flames except for the original OHIO FLAMESHAW and HUGHES OPEN HOUSE Maxklinger.. Real cool shop lots of eye candy to check out...
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 26th 2009, 8:44 pm

Usually we get to park are cars on the back stretch when we take the hot-rod's to the track
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by da injun March 27th 2009, 5:42 am

Thanks Ryan.....I need to attend something in the morning and will be heading up there in the afternoon with a few others....should be a good time.
da injun
da injun
Mechanic

Number of posts : 257

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff March 29th 2009, 4:54 am

Count me in for this one.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 April 14th 2009, 12:09 am

The weather might be sketchy at best but it will be rain or shine. I think we have a ball-game in the morn/afternoon, so i will be bringing up the tail-end, but will be there for the races as always..Look around, ask questions, take pictures, just don't tell them I sent-ya Very Happy
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 April 14th 2009, 2:57 am

The races are $20 for Adults 7 for kids 12 and under and an additional $10 if you park on the back stretch..
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous April 14th 2009, 3:07 pm

Hey LRS30........

Are you still healing from your operation or are you pretty well recoperated by now? I want to go to the races Saturday but don't want to go buy a rain check. What's my chances? Should I bring some goggles? We needed them at Limaland for the 360 Sprints the other year. It was sooooo dusty you couldn't see S#@t. The boys at the bottom of the grandstand had googles, ear plugs, and handkerchiefs over their nose and mouth. We didn't have anything but of course we could hear for a couple of days either. Small price to pay.

Who all is going? When and Where?
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith April 15th 2009, 5:41 am

if i could catch a ride with steve id go im broke as possable blew every penny on the 79 ......

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff April 15th 2009, 6:22 am

I will most likely just go to the open house and would like to go to the races but 20 dollars is a little steep and if the girlfriend is with me it wont be a cheap date.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 April 15th 2009, 9:49 pm

I'm going to the RACES for sure, I don't think I will make the open house (KIDS are my first priority BASEBALL) I'm gonna have to skip the trip to the GO-KART track after the open house as well since my steering arm is'nt up to par yet.. As much rain as we have had I'm guessing it's gonna be tacky early but it dries oout pretty quick with its new configuration Doug.. EAR PLUGS are a must if your sitting close, unless your trying to prove how big of a DUMB (BEEP), I ,mean MAN you are by not caring about your hearing. Me personaly I love hearing my wife call my name Twisted Evil so i will be sporting them. Googles are needed if you want, i just wear my sunglasses (but I'm a BAD MOFO.. yhea right)..And I always bring my thumb so I can cover the opening in my PEPSI Bottle, nothing worse than a little mud in your PEPSI... Doug Call me and let me know if your going for sure, I should be heading that way around 3 p.m. Not sure what we are driving If I drive the truck and get there early enough I hope to get a spot on the back stretch and everyone is welcome to sit there..That is if you can associate with NON-SCROUNGER member, might have to check the by-laws or with the SARGENT WITH 2 ARMS to get approval ( I KID DON'T TAKE OFFENSE CHAD, you seem a little testy lately and I don't want to ruffle feathers brother).. So yes I will be there with the boy, and maybe wife in tow as well she loves the mud the blood and the beers., er uh I mean PEPSI..
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous April 15th 2009, 10:56 pm

I'll probably be flying solo. Madonna has a project she's working on for school and my wife doen't get around that well. How much walking would she have to do if I could talk her into it. You know, restrooms and such. I figure she'd have to go get the hot dogs and popcorn. That's her job (just don't tell her). Do I need a lawn chairs for the back stetch? Last time I was there they only had a small grandstand on the front straight. I'll probably be driving my Fairmont wagon since all the fancy hot rods have one problem or another. I should really stay home and do some work and save my money for car parts but......unlike these other clowns, I'm a racetrack junkie. Oh yeah, the Sarge is out of town so I can hang with or where I want.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 April 16th 2009, 4:37 pm

The stands are state of the art and the facilities are just around the back of the stands. Backstretch is a crap shoot, depends where and when you get in, as far as chairs..You could sit in the grandstands and not have to do much walking other than to your car...

www.lawrenceburgspeedway.com
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous April 17th 2009, 9:50 pm

Hey, the schedule says they're racing USAC Sprints and Mini Sprints. So, what is a Mini Sprint? Is it smaller than a Midget? Is it a 4 cyl like a Midget or is it less? I saw that these boy were up in Rossburg last weekend. I sure hope the weather holds out. Save me a seat!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down