{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, some douchebag pulls up outside my house the other day..

Go down

So, some douchebag pulls up outside my house the other day.. Empty So, some douchebag pulls up outside my house the other day..

Post by Guest October 9th 2007, 8:13 pm

And I look out the window wondering what this douchebag's doing and he starts trying to talk to me. I go outside and he wants to buy my 240z, which I've actually been toying with selling to come up with some cash for the hot rod I've been jonesing for constantly lately. Well, he wants to give me $400. This is a '72 240z (the one with the carbs everyone wants and pays $400 for just the carbs routinely) and the only rust is on the underside. Check that, there's one bubble coming up under the paint, but other than that it's just floors and wheelwells. I've completely redone the brake system with all new lines, completely new front brakes/wheel bearings and one new wheel cylinder in back. I cleaned up the carbs, killed off all the vacuum leaks (these cars are hose farms with dual carbs, vacuum advance, and vacuum power-assist on the brakes), and got it running nice. I HAVEN'T driven it yet, but it was a steal at $1200 when I bought it. I've got an extra windshield, 4 wheels, a center console, and a shitload more parts from the 2 cars that the seller had parted gave me when I bought it. I've also got the accessory headlight covers (think: Jag XJS). So, $400?!??! Are you fucking kidding me? I was thinking of selling it to my little brother, an avowed ricer, for $2k and that would be a good deal for a car this solid - Datsuns are ALWAYS rustbuckets. I figured I could corrupt him to the evils of carbed cars. So, what's this story about? Shit, I forgot, except that maybe if I get some time this weekend I'll start it out and drive it a little...

Back to top Go down

So, some douchebag pulls up outside my house the other day.. Empty Re: So, some douchebag pulls up outside my house the other day..

Post by Guest October 9th 2007, 8:20 pm

Back to top Go down