{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New look for the site?

+8
big dogs 42
junkyardjeff
magicman_1968
RebStew
Mr. Fabulous
Lady rebel
JRiggs
RustyKarr
12 posters

Go down

New look for the site? Empty New look for the site?

Post by RustyKarr January 28th 2009, 4:47 pm

I would like to have the portal option like we've had in the past.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

New look for the site? Empty Re: New look for the site?

Post by JRiggs January 28th 2009, 5:37 pm

i didnt think we was using the merc logo anymore... ??
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel January 28th 2009, 6:17 pm

It's going to take a little time for me to get used to it. I don't know about the Merc that's not our logo...
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 28th 2009, 6:41 pm

The bad thing about the black is that it sticks out so much here at work. The other color fit right in with the programs I use. I know that's selfish but it's my $.02 😢

And I can hardly read the blue writing on the black background. Pick a different color for that if possible.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 28th 2009, 6:48 pm

JRiggs wrote:i didnt think we was using the merc logo anymore... ??

Everybody's gotta have a Mercury! :king:
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 28th 2009, 6:56 pm

I worked on this all night to only have the whole site crash this morning around 4 am It wiped out everything. I backed the system up but it came up with the old logo and was out of place with the background. The last back up the forum did was this color and everything shown minus the Merc logo. Every time I would post the Merc logo it would wipe the work out what I had done and I'd have to back it up again. So long story short I redid the site TWO times last night. You have to remember that I'm not a computer geek. That stuff is streesfull and scary to start changing crap. Last time I tried it some may remember all the friggin' words were in French and I could get it off there. lol
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 28th 2009, 7:04 pm

JRiggs wrote:i didnt think we was using the merc logo anymore... ??
The Merc? I changed it around a bit so it's not the same as the owners/makers printout was. We are not changing our logo, I just figured everyone needed a change so I started working on the forum. Our chick logo was out of place and didn't fit into the color we are now using. The Merc can stay up untill we figure out how to get the background on our chic logo to blend into the background we are using. I tried different thing to make it work but never could get it just right and had the forum a mess too so I just flipped the colors on the Merc logo and used it for now.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 28th 2009, 7:19 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:The bad thing about the black is that it sticks out so much here at work. The other color fit right in with the programs I use. I know that's selfish but it's my $.02 😢

And I can hardly read the blue writing on the black background. Pick a different color for that if possible.

Two answers here:
1 I tried every color in the rainbow to give the forum a better look. It has been said to me a couple of times that the old color setup seem to look like every office back ground or a generic version of a base system. Which it was. This will make the forum stand out to other that check in on us to see what we are doing. As for as the job goes there are ways to put down a kill switch. Which is a logo or something put on the forum so if your boss walks by you can hit it and it shoot you directly to another site. Such as your work page that is suppose to be up while you are at work. I will see if I can fgure out how to make one when I get time.

2 Like I said above the colors where picks out of every color you can think of. I tried alot of different color styles. The bad thing is everything on this forum runs it's own color. You can't just put a color that you like in some spots becaus ethey blend in with others and you can't make them out. This blue that you are refering to only shows up in a couple spots and not anywhere that will blur the better parts of the forum. I know it's hard to understand but if you was here and I could show you what I mean. Just changing that blue to something else disturbs the other colors and throws everything out of wack. I wanted the forum to be bold and bright so everyone could see what they were typing. With the black background I can see perfectly now where as sometimes I'd have to pull myself closer to read it. I even went a step further and made the print you see bigger than it was before. I figured it might save of everyones vision in the long run.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 28th 2009, 7:32 pm

RustyKarr wrote:I would like to have the portal option like we've had in the past.

This one is a hard one for me. I fought with myself to take the portal off. The reason I did was that I have been told that some can't get to the forum and that it was hard for them to figure out our forum. I always say to them that it is a standard forum and it is almost like everyone elses. I can't see how it's hard. Then looking at the portal last night had me wondering if that is where they are having trouble or not. The only way to get to the forum is to click on the Scroungers name or logo. It doesn't say Forum anywhere on the portal. I never get on the portal. My link on the computer runs me straight to the forum. So I've by passed the portal for a long time. BUT if someone types in Scroungers.net it shoots them straight to the portal and if they don't read the very small print saying to click on the girls butt then they don't know where the forum is.
So with all that said I'd like some help on this one. I like the portal but is it stopping people from entering the forum??? What do you guys think. Should we put it back on. It is all still there I can just flip a button and it will be the way it was before.
What do you guys think? Keep the portal or leave it off?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 January 28th 2009, 7:35 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:The bad thing about the black is that it sticks out so much here at work. The other color fit right in with the programs I use. I know that's selfish but it's my $.02 😢

Thats the "IN" color for 2009....You should know that man..... Very Happy I also would like a potal option like before just because on my blackberry going down the road i could check in pretty easy Smile
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 January 28th 2009, 7:40 pm

[quote="RebStew"
What do you guys think? Keep the portal or leave it off?[/quote] Either way is fine for me really....I go with the flow Very Happy Very Happy Just like anything new you have to get use to using it Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 28th 2009, 7:42 pm

Was someone bored due to the weather?,I had fun playing with my snow removal equipment. Jeff

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 28th 2009, 8:22 pm

No not bored. I figured everyone else was bored with with the old look and you can tell from the posts on the forum that everyone needed a small change a pace. Winter blues make people do funny things.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 28th 2009, 8:24 pm

The portal is back up. Later we will see if we can get something there with a jump to the forum that is easy to see.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 28th 2009, 8:40 pm

Hey Magicman..............

Haven't see or heard from you on here in quite awhile. Welcome back!! I hope you're getting thru the snow OK. I couldn't believe that I was passing the Semi's on
the way into work this AM. :|

Stay Safe!!!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 January 28th 2009, 9:52 pm

Glad you put the portal back Smile
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr January 28th 2009, 11:11 pm

Thanks, its a convenient option.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid January 29th 2009, 3:55 am

As far as being able to make it easyer to get to the forum what about changing where it says Home to Forum that way theres a clear choice.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin January 29th 2009, 3:57 am

6-71Kid wrote:As far as being able to make it easyer to get to the forum what about changing where it says Home to Forum that way theres a clear choice.
I tried I can't figure out how to do it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith January 30th 2009, 9:27 pm

i like it

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 January 31st 2009, 11:29 pm

I see you have the video of that sick Dodge and of that BEAUTIFUL CAR shooting monsterous flames to thrill the crowd of thousands looking on. I love it.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down