{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cruising Monmouth. Our weekly cruise in ...

+13
John B
The Skirt
magicman_1968
Navonda
LRS30
falconwagon62
FalconEddie1964
AMSTEWART
RustyKarr
xycho_wraith
Lady rebel
JRiggs
RebStew
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cruising Monmouth. Our weekly cruise in ... Empty Cruising Monmouth. Our weekly cruise in ...

Post by RebStew January 23rd 2009, 7:25 pm

The word came down from the top we now have the okay from the city of Newport to do our weekly cruise in on Monmouth St. I remember when Monmouth St. was bumper to bumper with cars cruising on Friday & Saturday nights. Neon lights and the old building were common to us and never thought that cruising would not happen. Fast forward till now and the city is redoing the old building and they look super! The neon lights still glow in some spots and the city is cleaner and safer than it ever has been. The only thing missing is the cars..It's funny to me that you don't see it anymore. Other than running into Joey in his SS cruising the strip like I still do, you don't see anyone.
Well that's behind us now and we have the use of the biggest parking lot on Monmouth for our cruise in. It will be on Saturday nights starting at 6 and ends whenever you want to leave but the DJ will stop spinning at 9 p.m. I'm sure the cruising the Monmouth St., York St. strip will happen during and after the cruise and some hanging out late in the parking lot.
We have Bens Mini Mart right across the street for anything you would want to purchase, and Dixie Chili and Pepper Pod restaurants on both sides of us. If that's not to your liking you can walk a block down to Gourmet for something to eat. Just about anything you may want is on the strip. Need a haircut? Come out of the parking lot walk 10 feet and you are at one of the ol' time barber shops. You have Richards and Sin City Antiques for window shopping of nick nack buying. Best of all would be the cars that will be coming to the Cruising Monmouth weekly cruise in.

Last edited by RebStew on July 14th 2009, 12:43 am; edited 4 times in total
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Cruising Monmouth. Our weekly cruise in ... Empty Re: Cruising Monmouth. Our weekly cruise in ...

Post by JRiggs January 23rd 2009, 8:30 pm

when does it start
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Cruising Monmouth. Our weekly cruise in ... Empty Re: Cruising Monmouth. Our weekly cruise in ...

Post by Lady rebel January 23rd 2009, 8:35 pm

When will it start getting warmer?
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith January 23rd 2009, 9:36 pm

today is warm

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel January 24th 2009, 4:37 pm

We where on Monmouth last night with the hot rod..
Lady rebel
Lady rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr January 24th 2009, 6:31 pm

Me too. I could here the TURBO wine.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by AMSTEWART January 24th 2009, 6:57 pm

when will it start?

AMSTEWART
Scrounger

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 January 24th 2009, 9:28 pm

If you're going to do this on Saturday nites, you might want to only do it once a month. It might get a little old spending every Saturday night in town when you want to go to Beatersville, the Rumble, The Thaw Out or Hell on Wheels. The little Burgs around the area here do it once a month, there's a schedule: the first Saturday is Springboro, the second one is open, the third Saturday is Germantown and the fourth one is Miamisburg. You may want to think long and hard before you commit to the responsiblity of every Saturday. Commiting to a week night would be all together different for me. Just my $.02.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 25th 2009, 3:11 am

FalconEddie1964 wrote:If you're going to do this on Saturday nites, you might want to only do it once a month. It might get a little old spending every Saturday night in town when you want to go to Beatersville, the Rumble, The Thaw Out or Hell on Wheels. The little Burgs around the area here do it once a month, there's a schedule: the first Saturday is Springboro, the second one is open, the third Saturday is Germantown and the fourth one is Miamisburg. You may want to think long and hard before you commit to the responsiblity of every Saturday. Commiting to a week night would be all together different for me. Just my $.02.
I don't have to be there. I can run with the big dogs. lol Someone else in the club that isn't going to the out of town shows can take care of it. I'm not sure when it will start. We are having a club meeting in Febuary. I think it's the 15th??? Doug?? More info coming soon.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 January 25th 2009, 3:52 pm

hey koon Eddie,

been working on Steve, I think he knows his way as far north as Trenton, without a GPS.... also this year, our Hamilton cruise inn will be every Sat. at Taco Bell.....John
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 25th 2009, 7:44 pm

Lawrenceburg IND. is having there cruises on Thursday, draws a big crowd, with live music (different kinds thru out the season) Its more of a festval setting food vendors, Ice cream even a little pub on the corner with some decent food and tall cold ones for those who are of age....Good time, we made 2 last year..I like the sound of the Monmouth cruise, I'm looking forward to this could be a change of pace for my Saturday Nights, it will be hard for me to leave the dirt tracks alone on Saturdays but will try it a few thru out the season...KUDO's STEVE for working with NEWPORT.
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by Navonda January 26th 2009, 1:12 am

This will be awesome and much more appealing to me than a Thursday where I would be trying to get out of work on time, get home, get the car and drive all the way up there. Weekdays were impossible.
Navonda
Navonda
Scrounger

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr January 26th 2009, 1:20 am

Same here with the Thursday night deal in Newport, only living 10 miles away it was still a pain due to an early work schedule.

Last edited by RustyKarr on January 26th 2009, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel January 26th 2009, 7:43 pm

AMSTEWART wrote:when will it start?
Not sure yet.
Lady rebel
Lady rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 20th 2009, 6:14 am

AMSTEWART wrote:when will it start?
April 25 and every Saturday night after that untill it's too cold to do it!
Will start at 6 pm

Riggs can you post up the last flyer you made for this?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs March 20th 2009, 6:39 pm

ill look for it. cant seem to find it...
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 26th 2009, 5:38 pm

JRiggs wrote:ill look for it. cant seem to find it...
Did ya find it? If so will you post it? I have it here some place. I can dig it up and scan it if you don't have it handy.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs March 26th 2009, 6:02 pm

is this the one we decided to go with... looks pretty crappy here
Cruising Monmouth. Our weekly cruise in ... Weeklycruise
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 26th 2009, 6:04 pm

JRiggs wrote:is this the one we decided to go with.]
I thought we was going to use the colored one?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 3rd 2009, 1:24 am

We don't have the Monmouth St. Cruise up on any forum because we don't have the flyer. Riggs did you ever figure out where the colored image went to? This is in a few weeks and there is no flyer to put on web sites or to drop in cars.
Someone want to make one up??
Help..... Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs April 5th 2009, 6:17 am

Cruising Monmouth. Our weekly cruise in ... Slide1
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 5th 2009, 6:24 am

Thanks Riggs
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs April 22nd 2009, 4:52 am

Cruising Monmouth. Our weekly cruise in ... Newportshow
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 22nd 2009, 5:41 am

Doug are you coming down?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith April 25th 2009, 11:05 pm

kenny is on the way <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next