{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

actually toooooooo fing cold to be working on car outside!

+4
6-71Kid
Cratethis
RebStew
RsvBill
8 posters

Go down

actually toooooooo fing cold to be working on car outside! Empty actually toooooooo fing cold to be working on car outside!

Post by RsvBill January 16th 2009, 2:07 pm

started the morning out cleaning scrap metal from frame cuts out of the back yard about 5 minutes in I realized my fingers were burning, with gloves on. I looked at the therm. thingy it is reading between -5 and -10 here in Independence. next step i guess is go to work early.
RsvBill
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

actually toooooooo fing cold to be working on car outside! Empty Re: actually toooooooo fing cold to be working on car outside!

Post by RebStew January 16th 2009, 4:33 pm

Yea the cold weather has me too. Even with the pot belly stove in the garage it's just too cold to to work in there. Stinks!!!
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

actually toooooooo fing cold to be working on car outside! Empty Re: actually toooooooo fing cold to be working on car outside!

Post by Cratethis January 16th 2009, 4:41 pm

I hear ya there! I hate the cold! My parents live 3 hours farther north, can't do it. This is as far north as I go. They were at -12 last night with -30 windchill. No thanks! I know we were not much different here but its still colder.

I was wondering if you had any updates on the progress to the Olds. I don't think I missed it here on the sight, but may have. I was wondering how your progress has come since we tore apart that S-10 at your place.

Do ya have any pics that you can post to update us?
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid January 16th 2009, 5:56 pm

I know it was -13 up here when I left for work and had the blower motor in my car stopped working on me.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 16th 2009, 6:14 pm

Man, I laid out in the driveway last nite wiring up a broken exhaust system so I wouldn't drag on the ground. It was about 10 o'clock, below zero with a hefty wind chill. I was laying in the snow with wire coat hangers and the car jacked up on stands doing battle with a nasty old muffler. Played with it for over a half an hour but really wasn't that cold., but after all that, the damned thing wouldn't start this morning. Wasted my time in the frigid weather cause it's supoosed to warm up quite a bit for Saturday. I could have screwed with it then. Oh well..........peace out!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky January 17th 2009, 2:28 am

Was in and out today at the junkyard. The wind was mostly block by a few buildings and stcked cars.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 17th 2009, 5:30 am

Mr. Fabulous wrote:Man, I laid out in the driveway last nite wiring up a broken exhaust system so I wouldn't drag on the ground. It was about 10 o'clock, below zero with a hefty wind chill. I was laying in the snow with wire coat hangers and the car jacked up on stands doing battle with a nasty old muffler. Played with it for over a half an hour but really wasn't that cold., but after all that, the damned thing wouldn't start this morning. Wasted my time in the frigid weather cause it's supoosed to warm up quite a bit for Saturday. I could have screwed with it then. Oh well..........peace out!

Bring that FORD down here and i will weld that bad boy up for ya Doug, of course i will have to preform an exorcism on the garage after it leaves since i have a no FORD clause with my garage.... Let me know if i can help... Ryan
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 17th 2009, 10:35 pm

I have not done a thing in the garage most of the week plus I could not get inot it since I broke the key and had no spare,mom had a key so I made some copies today and I am back in business. Got some work done today and helped the neighbor move some of his junkers around so he can use his driveway.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down