{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limo FORD pickup truck

5 posters

Go down

Limo FORD pickup truck Empty Limo FORD pickup truck

Post by big dogs 42 December 3rd 2008, 5:21 am

The more door pickup is now painted both colors and cleared awaiting new windsheild and interior put back in should be back together by fri good lord willing and the creek not riseing. Were loading interior in tomm. the paint was finalley finshed last night at 2:30 in the morning and what could go wrong did sealer tried to lift / base tried to also but after a few tricks on it like a scotch brite and rubbing acholle and a lot of patience my son got a slickee paint job out of it.Painting is like Pimping it ain't easy sometimes Very Happy NO paint booth very little dirt and no runs no drips no error's I think ill change his name to Krylon Laughing
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Limo FORD pickup truck Empty Re: Limo FORD pickup truck

Post by RebStew December 3rd 2008, 4:32 pm

big dogs 42 wrote:The more door pickup is now painted both colors and cleared awaiting new windsheild and interior put back in should be back together by fri good lord willing and the creek not riseing. Were loading interior in tomm. the paint was finalley finshed last night at 2:30 in the morning and what could go wrong did sealer tried to lift / base tried to also but after a few tricks on it like a scotch brite and rubbing acholle and a lot of patience my son got a slickee paint job out of it.Painting is like Pimping it ain't easy sometimes Very Happy NO paint booth very little dirt and no runs no drips no error's I think ill change his name to Krylon Laughing
What is it with paint today. I'm still ticked off at Corey's truck for the paint job. I really believe that EPA and the rest have done to the paint to make it safe for the ozone has made it rougher to paint a car. I never had the problem of paint not drying like on Coreys truck. The entire truck will have to be stripped. At least you got yours finished up.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid December 4th 2008, 3:42 am

I think some of the problems also relate that most bodyshop know have Bake booths and the manufactures are making the paint so that you have to bake it.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LOCO64 December 4th 2008, 12:46 pm

I ALWAYS USE PPG PAINT AND BEEN USEING IT FOR YEARS. YOU CAN PRETTY MUCH PAINT YOUR CAR IN THE DRIVEWAY.....ALTHOUGH I WOULD'NT RECOMEND ON DOING IT...BUT THATS HOW EASY IT IS TO USE. IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE IT MIGHT BE A REDUCER PROBLEM. WHAT ARE YA USEING A FAST, MED, OR SLOW REDUCER?
LOCO64
LOCO64
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 December 4th 2008, 3:17 pm

As long as I have used automotive enamel/reducer/hardener (single stage factory pack stuff) I've never had a problem. We did my brothers Land Cruiser in sub par weather conditions and it worked great.. I have never had any luck with Industrial enamels drying with out an oven (Tractor Supply style junk) NASON PPG DuPONT no problems drying as long as you add the hardener..I have heard of guys cutting there final coat with more reducer trying to get it to flow out better and have seen it take a toll on final drying, it can get tricky there.. That sucks about Corey's truck( I'm refering to single stage paints here, not new Urethanes(which are I think way eaiser to use)
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down