{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got heat in the white 4 door

2 posters

Go down

I got heat in the white 4 door Empty I got heat in the white 4 door

Post by junkyardjeff October 19th 2008, 3:16 am

I bought it for a daily driver but could never get enough heat from the heater to drive it when its cold so it sat out the last 3 winters but I got heat today,the heater core slides in the heater box on the firewall but is supposed to have a rubber seal that goes around it but most was missing so I went to the hardware store and got some foam and made a seal. I am glad I did not scrap the old core as I compared it and the original had it more tubes and since it did not leak I reused it,I ran the hose through both and the original flowed a bunch more so it looks like the new core is going to get scrapped. It now has heat and I can drive it when it gets cold and have enough heat to defrost the windows. Jeff

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

I got heat in the white 4 door Empty Re: I got heat in the white 4 door

Post by RebStew October 20th 2008, 2:39 am

cool! or should I say WARM!! Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff October 20th 2008, 3:10 am

I was usually done driving it this time of the year but not now,it was hard to get the windows defrosted when it got cold so I parked it and only used it on sunny days during the winter. I also got the heater in the wagon to put out more heat too,since it has factory a/c it has a bunch of vacumn switches and vacumn motors that kept me busy trying to figure out which one went bad. The wagon has a vacumn can under the hood and it was junk making all the vacumn motors only work about 1/2 of what they were supposed to and after I replaced it everything worked and I got better heat,thoses two cars took me a few years to get the heaters working right and it was simple stuff but since I never really drove them when it was cold I did not look too hard for the problem. Jeff

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down