{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford help.... and offer

2 posters

Go down

Ford help.... and offer Empty Ford help.... and offer

Post by CustomCabby September 8th 2008, 2:58 am

want to throw something at you guys and see what you think. my f100 has the original 360 in it and is in need of a look through or at the least a complete gasket replacement, and as i mentioned a while ago, the valves need done. i contacted someone a few times and i dont want to pressure him about the valves because he simply does not have enough time. so.... i need someone that would be willing to take the motor (i will yank it) and go through it and just check it out. ofcourse i would love to have it built, but that is way out of my price range. and paying for these services would be cutting it close too (family comes first, as you know). so here is what i'm thinking.... i have an '87 mustang gt that was totalled out by my brother in law. when he wrecked it the odometer has 76,000 original. it is all bone stock (besides the fact he stripped it down and parted everything out and also started on the motor but that was too much of a challenge for him) and is a 5 sp car. the complete drive train is there including rear end. the car is wasted because it was a front/driver side impact and did too much damage to frame... not to mention there is nothing left of the car after he stripped it. it also has the factory wiring harness. i got this thinking that someday i would drop it into the truck but since have changed my mind. i would like to find someone that would be interested in doing some dealing with me on this and maybe come out sweet on both ends. i know its a long shot and dont want to do the ebay thing at this point. so, what do you think. give it some thought and let me know if there is anyone willing to do some dealing.

CustomCabby
Restorer

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Ford help.... and offer Empty Re: Ford help.... and offer

Post by junkyardjeff September 8th 2008, 5:18 am

Get the truck togather and bring it to my garage and I will put the seals in for you,its hard for me to do that type of work on the road if you dont have what I need to do the job. I need a good sized compressor to keep air in the cylinders which I have and more then enough tools to get the job done easily, if it cant be driven bring it down on a tow dolly and I could possibly do it this saturday depending on the weather as the garage is full. Jeff

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by CustomCabby September 8th 2008, 5:34 am

well, tonight i pressure washed the engine because it was leaking oil somewhere and couldnt tell. so i think it may be a combination of several different places, one being the rear main for sure and it looks to be coming from around the heads somewhere. i dont really know what to do, now that i see where all its leaking. i would do a whole gasket replacement myself (but the heads kinda worry me from what i hear about them) but im kinda wondering if i go the route of doing the gasket kit, then i might as well have someone that knows what they are looking at, take a look at the whole motor just for safety sake while they are in there. i appreciate the offer, just give me a couple days to tink it over.

CustomCabby
Restorer

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff September 8th 2008, 5:56 am

I was up at the swapmeet and could of looked at it for you but with all I got going on I forgot about it,I could buzz up your way on the Harley next saturday and look at it and tell you what it will need. Jeff

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by CustomCabby September 8th 2008, 1:19 pm

that is totally up to you. i more than understand where you are coming from with the fact of not enough time. my wife and i own a daycare which is more than full time and when that is done, we have 5 boys waiting on us at home. i saw you won a trophy... probably saw you truck but wouldnt know either way. either way like i said a while back, its not really road worthy right now and i was just thinking into the fall and winter with a project and getting my ducks in a row.

CustomCabby
Restorer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down