{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doug Ice here's your chance to be James Dean

5 posters

Go down

Doug Ice here's your chance to be James Dean Empty Doug Ice here's your chance to be James Dean

Post by John B August 28th 2008, 10:50 pm

Guess his desire faded once he had it in his driveway -

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289702
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Doug Ice here's your chance to be James Dean Empty Re: Doug Ice here's your chance to be James Dean

Post by Mr. Fabulous September 2nd 2008, 3:31 pm

Man I just came back from the Nationals with $2.00 to my name!! 😢
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Doug Ice here's your chance to be James Dean Empty Re: Doug Ice here's your chance to be James Dean

Post by John B September 2nd 2008, 4:10 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:Man I just came back from the Nationals with $2.00 to my name!! 😢

He came out to the Drive-In on Sunday evening. New duals sure sounded good on that flathead.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1/2done September 2nd 2008, 10:44 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:Man I just came back from the Nationals with $2.00 to my name!! 😢

I was there Fri-Mon again this year and we never saw each other. I was all the way down by the catch fence on the left side Friday wandering through the stock/super stock pits. I shot a shitload of video and pics.
1/2done
1/2done
Mechanic

Number of posts : 282

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous September 2nd 2008, 11:00 pm

Madonna and I was there Wednesday thru Monday. Sat most of the time at the top of the west side down at the big end. Wondered around Thursday mostly in the alcohol and comp pits. Took Madonna thru the Pro pits Saturday so she could see the crowd (or lack there of) and hear and smell a few fuel cars up close. I think the best of the week was the Hemi Challenge, 8.62 on a 9.75 index is quick! Noticed the MAC tool grandstand had some bare spots. You should have got me a few passes and a couple $7.00 sandwiches!!!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by 1/2done September 2nd 2008, 11:14 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:You should have got me a few passes and a couple $7.00 sandwiches!!!

I wish I had. The guys I got 4 day tickets/Kalitta hospitality passes for never fuqueing showed.
1/2done
1/2done
Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous September 2nd 2008, 11:21 pm

1/2done wrote:I wish I had. The guys I got 4 day tickets/Kalitta hospitality passes for never fuqueing showed.

Yeah, I had to drop $250.00 to get Madonna and I in for the week plus $160.00 to camp. That didn't leave much for their inexpensive t-shrts. 🐘
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by 1/2done September 2nd 2008, 11:43 pm

Hotel,gas and food I'm somewhere near $750.00
1/2done
1/2done
Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 3rd 2008, 2:37 pm

maybe I'm just a cheap skate but that sounds like a ton of cash for that event. Maybe I need to try it before I say something like that. nah I couldn't afford to do it anyways... Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous September 3rd 2008, 3:53 pm

RebStew wrote:maybe I'm just a cheap skate but that sounds like a ton of cash for that event. Maybe I need to try it before I say something like that. nah I couldn't afford to do it anyways... Very Happy

If you're a real race fan, that's cheap entertainment. Six days at an average of 10 hrs per day, the tickets for Madonna and I figure $2.00 an hour. That's to see the best racing in the world. I'd say that's pretty cheap, plus there's there's the Bike shoot out, the Hemi shoot out, the Funny car shoot out, the constant entertainment in the campground, cooking out and staying with old friends. Some people just aren't real fans!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by 1/2done September 3rd 2008, 5:59 pm

It's a business trip for me so I can write it off. I may rent a motorhome next year instead of paying for a hotel.
1/2done
1/2done
Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 September 3rd 2008, 6:09 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:
RebStew wrote:maybe I'm just a cheap skate but that sounds like a ton of cash for that event. Maybe I need to try it before I say something like that. nah I couldn't afford to do it anyways... Very Happy

If you're a real race fan, that's cheap entertainment. Six days at an average of 10 hrs per day, the tickets for Madonna and I figure $2.00 an hour. That's to see the best racing in the world. I'd say that's pretty cheap, plus there's there's the Bike shoot out, the Hemi shoot out, the Funny car shoot out, the constant entertainment in the campground, cooking out and staying with old friends. Some people just aren't real fans!

Was working and did'nt have the scratch for this year..Oh yes it's worth every penny,
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down