{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy

+22
Cratethis
Rebel girl
Admin
FalconEddie1964
puddin head
JRiggs
xycho_wraith
silveradolady
John B
big dogs 42
fuel10922
Lady rebel
40standard
RustyKarr
vettespd00
LRS30
6-71Kid
RebStew
RsvBill
herb73
junkyardjeff
Striping Stew 54
26 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 5 Empty Re: Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy

Post by Striping Stew 54 January 4th 2009, 12:09 am

I think it looks great all one color.
Striping Stew 54
Striping Stew 54
Scrounger

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis January 4th 2009, 2:59 am

It does look good. Very good. I also like the ride look that you guys have accomplished! Very cool way to go about it and I would say very successful! So um...Cory... you seem pretty good at sanding... ya think you could give me a hand??? How much you charge? bounce
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by silveradolady January 4th 2009, 4:54 am

I think the truck looks real good. But tell me, is there a reason for the front rims being red and the rear rims being chrome?Question And is the visor and the hood a different color?

silveradolady
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 4th 2009, 5:21 am

The visor hasn't been painted yet and the rear tire will cost him a little over $100.00 to get. He doesn't have the money for tires so the mix match wheels are on there till he can get the money to buy 'em. After he gets tires he will mount them on the rims that he got from Heath. Same as the front but wider.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel January 4th 2009, 6:07 pm

Rebel girl wrote:after dad finished puting the red paint on the truck bed he walked in the house we ate then we had family night we were playing uno and dad thought that the two that i layed down was a draw 2 and he put down a draw 2 that was a different color to try to get corey but you can't that. man dad was confused!!! lol!
Even with the paint mask, he must've gotten too much paint fumes. It was a very funny uno game!
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel January 4th 2009, 6:08 pm

Corey your truck is looking great! It looks good lowered.
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 5 Empty coreys stepside chevy

Post by Rebel girl January 4th 2009, 7:35 pm

it looks great!
Rebel girl
Rebel girl
Scrounger

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin June 8th 2009, 5:38 am

We drug Corey's beater out of the woods a few days ago to do a little work on it. He's been asking for my street scoop so I gave in. It's on there for now but we need to make a mount for it. New shocks went on ther rear, painted the 8" rear rims and mounted a new set of tires out back.
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 5 004

I ripped the valve stem on the front and had to replace it but now the truck has new rubber on all 4's
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 5 002-1
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 5 003-2
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin June 8th 2009, 5:50 am

We went over and helped out Robert with his show for the fire dept. today. we used Corey's truck.
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 5 052

Poor Aryan wants Corey's truck so bad he can't see straight. I'm going to have to get him something to work on. He's been helping on every car we own and it's about time he get's himself one.
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 5 054
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 5 055
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 June 8th 2009, 6:32 am

looks really good Corey..... Twisted Evil
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew June 12th 2009, 3:47 pm

Corey wants to get started on the inside of the truck. It's pretty rough. We talked about what to do with the dash because it's not the right one for the truck and just laying loose. I think we are going back in time and we are going to try to find an old dash to weld into the truck. If anyone has and older dash from 1955 to 1960 let Corey or myself know. I seen a truck like his with a 59 chevy dash in it and I thought it looked pretty good. It doesn't matter if it Chevy, Ford or Mopar. As long as it is complete and looks cool.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 21st 2009, 5:47 am

RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 13th 2010, 5:42 am

Corey now has his temps so he's wanting to drive his truck pretty bad now. He spent Saturday cleaning and working on all kinds of stuff. He even had the bottom door panels, carpet loose and had them in the house going over them with the vacuum cleaner.
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 5 019-10
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 5 018-7
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew June 26th 2010, 8:06 am

Corey was pretty upset that his truck was running like crap. When it wouldn't hardly turn a tire over at the Cummins Show he was ticked off.I told him I was done with it and it was his truck and up to him to work on it. He was wanting a 350 I have in stock to drop in it but I told him to make due with what he had that he was on his own. He did some work around the house and scraped up enough money to buy spark plugs.
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 5 010-7

First time he has ever put plugs in by himself. He gapped them and got into his work.
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 5 014-7
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 5 017-7
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew June 26th 2010, 8:09 am

He got 4 plugs in and it looked like he had changed an engine. Grease all over him. He cut his head but was still working. He got the plug wires off without ripping them apart and never broke a plug going in. Pretty good for a first plug change.
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 5 005-8
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 5 007-9
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew June 26th 2010, 8:11 am

He found out why the truck was running so bad too. Number 2 plug wire was hanging on the frame and was just arcing to the plug sometimes. He got it all together and she's running good now. Had to do a little line lock in front of the house to see. Twisted Evil
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Striping Stew 54 June 30th 2010, 4:44 am

The other day we was crusing down route 8 coming back from the route 32 criuse, and were hitting a few good bumps along the way, when we bounced the battery right out of its tray. When we hit another bump we bonced it out between the crossmember and ran over it and it got jammed in the rear end affraid . We had Jeffs help with jacking it up and fishing it out. So the first thing I needed was a battery and Butch Thompson stopped on his way to work and dropped off a battery he had, I'd like to thank Butch a million for the battery and if there is something I can do to pay you back, just give a holler and ill be more than glad to help.
Striping Stew 54
Striping Stew 54
Scrounger

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew June 30th 2010, 4:42 pm

I was looking at the tray and how loose it was. After a little more probing I seen there was only 2 bolts holding it on. ?? You could see fresh metal from one bolt hole and the top bolt hole was stretched out and the bolt had been pulled through it. The battery had a couple of rubber cords wrapped around it. I thought that maybe they had broke from age or something. There was a couple of hot wire that ran to the hot side of the battery. and they were ripped in two. I was think it was where the battery had flipped out but now I'm not so sure. I looked on the cable and really could tell much but I think what happened is one of the smaller wires cought the tire just right and pulled the battery cable over to it and it grabbed the tire and yanks it out. The truck has no fender wells and it's open in there. I'm not sure but I think that is what happened. When the battery popped out we was on a smooth section and had not hit any hard bumps like we had earlier. That is why it didn't make sence to me that it happened right when it did. I could have seen if we had hit a large bump right as the battery flopped out but that wasn't the case. We may never know. I used ratchet strap and have it tied in to the core support now so there is no why it will do it again.
Thanks again Butch!!!! Street cleaning is in a couple days and he was looking at paying a 20 dollar ticket from where he couldn't move the truck.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Butch Thompson July 1st 2010, 12:07 am

no problem glad it worked out for him we dont like them tickets lol
Butch Thompson
Butch Thompson
National Sergeant at Arms

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 28th 2010, 7:25 am

Not much has been done to the old Chevy in some time. I think Corey has lost interest in it. I'd like to see him get a second wind and do the body work and paint it but I guess we will have to see what he wants to do.
I got my Reece Hitch that was on my old truck and retro fit it to this one. I had to butcher the tag to fit because of the spash pan that is on it. But that's okay. At least we have something we can tow with now.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 2nd 2010, 11:01 pm

I have been holding out that Corey would get a fire lit under him and start on the truck again. Looks like he's lost interest and just doesn't want anything to do with it. He told a few that he gave the truck back to me??? I'm not sure why the lack in interest in the truck but he's doesn't want it. After thinking it over I was going to sell it but Amy and I got to talking and she wants it. At least it will stay in the family. The truck needs alot of work but that's no big deal. Corey is a great kid. I think he more into school,sports and band than wrenching on cars. That's not a bad thing. When he's ready we will try to find him a hot rod that he likes a little more.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU September 3rd 2010, 1:02 am

Sounds like Corey has his priorities right, Steve. study

Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 3rd 2010, 2:05 am

Z-YOU wrote:Sounds like Corey has his priorities right, Steve. study

I agree.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 10th 2010, 4:19 am

The old Chevy is on it's way out the door. This one really bugs me. I'm not into these trucks other than to work them.
The day I got it Corey was just 14. I offered to buy him a T Bucket kit a few days before so he could build a T. He wasn't going for it. He likes the 23 T's but he told me no. First drive in the old truck and this thing was smoking, pinging and running like crap. We stopped at a red light and this guy was going nuts over it. I could have sold it to him at the intersections seemed like. After we got going Corey ask me what I was going to do with it. Sell it! He ask if he could have it to build?? It was strange to me because I offered to buy him a few cars that were really cool. I told him to think about it and ask me again in a few days. I figured it would pass, it didn't. Doing the truck with Corey was a real bonding between father and son. For a Chevy truck that year it wasn't too bad. It was a time to teach Corey things that I knew and hopefully he could pass it on to his kids. Nothing fancy just the basics.
Corey's ?? Stepside Chevy - Page 5 010-10
The truck had it problems during and after the build but it was a cool ride for a 16 year old kid. Corey drove the truck a few times before he was legal but when he got his temps he was done. He has no interest in driving at all. I really don't get it and pushed the issue more than I should I guess trying to figure out what his deal is. Needless to say he doesn't want the truck or any car for that matter.
He gave the truck to his mom a while back. I kept asking him about doing something to his truck and he always says the same thing. I don't have a truck. It breaks my heart a little. I would love to have something that my dad helped me build. My Fire Chicken came from mom and dad and that's why I never sold it after all these years. Maybe I'm too soft hearted, I don't know.
Anyways. I keep looking at the truck. It is to small for a work truck. You can't get anything in the bed. Too new to be a cool hot rod. Most of the shows I like it doesn't fit in and there is not room enough for everyone in it. A few days ago I made up my mind to let it go. The more I look at it the worse I feel anyway.
An old friend that lives out in the county will be the new owner. I thought about sending it to the scrapper to have it chipped up in little peices but just couldn't do it. Hopefully he will do some work on it and get it to where it should be.

Last edited by RebStew on November 10th 2010, 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU November 10th 2010, 4:41 am

Maybe Cory just wants to be his own man. That's a good thing.

Hopefully the truck has a good home.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next