{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modoc, IN Junkyard "Harvest" November 2nd or 3rd.

+13
JRiggs
Arieldouglas
John B
Lady rebel
FalconEddie1964
1/2done
Blue Eyed Devil
Mr. Fabulous
Admin
junkyardjeff
LRS30
RebStew
6-71Kid
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Modoc, IN Junkyard "Harvest" November 2nd or 3rd. Empty Modoc, IN Junkyard "Harvest" November 2nd or 3rd.

Post by Guest October 18th 2007, 6:31 am

So, there's this awesome junkyard in Modoc, IN that 1/2Done, the KY Rebel, myself, and HEWHOCANNOTBENAMED hit last year. By 'awesome' I mean rusty as hell, beat-to-shit cars and insanely cheap prices. It was a great yard 20 years ago, I'm sure, but most of the stuff is returning to the earth. However, it's cheap, like $60 for a PAIR of quarters for my Olds kinda cheap - thankfully the guy's apparently never heard of Barrett-Jackson. I'll have money due to getting my overtime check for the last 4 months on Nov 1st, so I think it's high time I start harvesting parts for my next project, an early-60s style Model A to '34 sedan with a BIG overhead motor and lots of 50's car styling/parts. My plan is to grab one or maybe two more Olds 371s with their hydros, a dash from a '55 Ford or Merc, some self-energizing brake drum parts that work with early ford axles(F1 or '40s Lincoln), some bumperettes from a caddy, and a column/wheel from a 50s car (maybe a '58 Olds - they had several). I'd also like to get a set of '60 Edsel taillights, but since they're rare as hen's teeth, I doubt there's one there. I need to figure out how to get the motor/trans combos in my truck from their current resting places in cars buried to their axles. Also, Jeff mentioned another yard up the road that I'd like to check out beforehand (when my truck's still empty). It's about a 90-minute drive from my house near downtown cincy. I'll even buy a hot whopper, fries, and a drink at the BK for anyone who helps me lift the drivetrains. I'm thinking I'll rent a gasoline generator from Cincy Tool Rental so we have grinders and sawzalls to make the extraction work. So, anyone wanna go? If you do, would Friday or Saturday work better for you?

Back to top Go down

Modoc, IN Junkyard "Harvest" November 2nd or 3rd. Empty Re: Modoc, IN Junkyard "Harvest" November 2nd or 3rd.

Post by 6-71Kid October 18th 2007, 7:00 am

I'd like to go. anytime I can use a sawzall to remove a motor I'm happy. Saturday would be best for me.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Modoc, IN Junkyard "Harvest" November 2nd or 3rd. Empty Re: Modoc, IN Junkyard "Harvest" November 2nd or 3rd.

Post by Guest October 18th 2007, 7:11 am

Cool, I'd like to leave kinda early, but you're an hour away, so hopefully I'd be up your way around 7-8AM. We're gonna need more people or I'm gonna have to bring my hoist. The motor and trans should weigh almost a thousand pounds. Maybe a board to slide it out on or something. If we're short in people I can prolly get my buddy Ben to go. He can prolly lift 150lbs and you and I should be able to lift at least 200 apiece. Man, we're gonna need more people or a hoist...

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid October 18th 2007, 7:30 am

Yea I might be strong but not that strong. It would make it easyer if we seperated the engine from the trans.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 18th 2007, 7:38 am

Hm, considering that a iron-cased hydro weighs in at 250lbs, that's prolly a good idea. We might even have to separate the block/heads/intake. Shit's heavy...

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 18th 2007, 4:15 pm

those guys would have to have a tow truck or something up there. if you got it loose they may help put it in the truck. I'd be willing to go. I want to look around for some stuff too. Cadi dagmars Very Happy not really but maybe run into some stuff for the 34. maybe a later dash or something. Jonathan may want to check out the 46 to 48 chevy's. this would be a good junkyard trip for the club if you guys want to do it. anyone that didn't go before would be tickled to see this junkyard. it looks like a place that no one has been in since the 50's. full of crap. pretty rusted as Tim stated but still pretty cool stuff. if we make a club run it may be better to do it on a Saturday. Friday is my busy day here and some may have to work on Friday
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 18th 2007, 5:29 pm

The only reason I suggested Friday was that I wasn't sure if the yard was open on Saturdays. Does Junkyard Jeff still cruise over here? He'd know. He'd also have details on that other yard...

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 October 18th 2007, 9:33 pm

If you got room for one more let me know, I can bring my truck, also let me know the date..
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 19th 2007, 4:06 am

We've always got room for one more. Although, I wouldn't feel right letting you lift anything after seeing that XRay...

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 October 19th 2007, 9:37 pm

There as a support crew-man, kinda like the Umbrella girl's at a Gran Prix race only uglier,fatter, and not as clean shaven.....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 20th 2007, 12:10 am

You can be the 'technical consultant', since I seriously don't know jack shit about cars.

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff October 20th 2007, 5:47 am

Tim I dont want to rain on your parade but I doubt there would be a motor that is worth rebuilding in there since most hoods have been open for a long time and rusted off,the yard I found about 50 miles north has a 57 in it and I think the hood is closed. Modoc is open on saturdays as thats when I usually go. Jeff

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 28th 2012, 6:48 am

Is anyone up for this again?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 28th 2012, 4:16 pm

I need to go there and get a dash for my 55 to modify for a modern radio.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin January 28th 2012, 7:32 pm

Up for it next weekend if the weather is not crazy?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 29th 2012, 1:05 am

House payment friday so no extra money that weekend so maybe the following weekend.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 29th 2012, 1:06 am

We will play it by ear but sounds good so far. I just don't want to hit it if it's 15 degrees outside. The cold chills me to the bone anymore.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 29th 2012, 1:17 am

The weather is supposed to be pretty nice next weekend, almost 40 degrees and sunny.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 29th 2012, 1:40 am

That would be nice.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 29th 2012, 2:13 am

I might be able to come up with enough money to come out and play if the weather is decent.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 29th 2012, 2:27 am

Just let me know. Anyone in the South Pole want to go?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil January 29th 2012, 4:43 am

I might be in for this...
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin January 29th 2012, 5:31 am

Cool.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 1/2done January 29th 2012, 3:32 pm

I wouldn't mind going again, but if the weather is nice I need to start dragging home 3 '40 sedans I already have bought.
1/2done
1/2done
Mechanic

Number of posts : 282

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 29th 2012, 8:07 pm

3? Parts?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next