{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cold

4 posters

Go down

Cold Empty Cold

Post by dieseldr February 20th 2015, 12:57 am

I feel bad for you all down there with the cold.  It has to be brutal, and when the wind is figured in, it's downright cold.  Not that it isn't here, in Western NY, because we have been blessed with almost every day for the last two weeks with high temps hovering near, or just below Zero, and over nights regularly around -20 or colder, coming close to -30, and the wind chill has been brutal.  Tomorrows forecast is -40 wind chill, with highs around -5.  Not going out to work....PERIOD.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Cold Empty Re: Cold

Post by Pitts64 February 20th 2015, 2:09 pm

Your above US 80 you guys get hammered up there... Down here in Pittsburgh we're next to the Mason Dixon so it's not that bad but this year is different, we are all getting hammered with dead cold..

I'm staying in and canceling work (electrician). I'll go to the Stations of The Cross this afternoon and then the fish dinner..

I remember those old timers telling me to save my money because when you hit 60, your not going to want to work, man am I glad I listened!!! While my buddys were buying new cars every year and going to Disney world, I bought a modest home, drove an old, paid for, truck and saved.

This is the best vacation I ever had...
Pitts64
Pitts64
Car washer

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew February 20th 2015, 2:34 pm

If it's below freezing by one and they call for one inch of snow everyone here freaks out. The white death is coming. All the yuppies wipe out the local Kroger for milk and bread. I still have not figured out what 3 gallons and 4 loafs of bread will do for them if they do get snowed in for 2 months. lol
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by SMOKNZ February 20th 2015, 3:34 pm

3 to 5 inches expected of Snow and Sleet coming for Northern Kentucky and Southwest Ohio for Saturday (2/20/15) forecast.  

If Drivers Testing would go back to my day, we wouldn't have everyone freaking out when snow fell. We had to drive on Ice and Snow in an open parking lot with cones. Although it was rough driving on ice, we still knew what we were getting into when we had to drive on it.

Most drivers nowadays don't have a clue until they drive on it, which is too late for other drivers that are around them. If there is Ice, I don't drive on it. Snow is just common sense, take your time and you will get to your destination.

Drivers with 4x4's think they can drive fast without any repercussions. It may not be there driving abilities for some, but when someone cuts them off, there 4x4's are nothing but a sled trying to avoid others.

Then you have (most) drivers thinking they can still text or talk while driving in horrible weather. It's not just young drivers either! I've seen all ages talking on cell phones. Mostly older adults are seen talking on cell phones and younger adults texting. This makes me nervous when young drivers are looking down while driving. Which is where I usually get the heck away from them.
SMOKNZ
SMOKNZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr February 20th 2015, 10:34 pm

We get used to the cold every year, and the crappy roads to drive on. Your area has an overrun of "legendary drivers" who think they can drive on anything mother nature puts down. Then reality sets in. Slow and steady wins the race.... and gets you there. We DO have our share of idiots here too, so don't think you have them all down there.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down