{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beech Bend Bowling Green, Ky Car Shows/ Drag Racing

+2
Reb Stew
junkyard junky
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Beech Bend Bowling Green, Ky Car Shows/ Drag Racing Empty Beech Bend Bowling Green, Ky Car Shows/ Drag Racing

Post by junkyard junky January 22nd 2015, 4:10 am

A couple of new shows have been added this year along with the usuals at Beech Bend Park.

Tri Five Nationals August 14th and 15th

Pontiac US Nationals June 12th and 13th

Hot Rod Reunion June 18th- 20th

Good Guys Sept 18-19th

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Beech Bend Bowling Green, Ky Car Shows/ Drag Racing Empty Re: Beech Bend Bowling Green, Ky Car Shows/ Drag Racing

Post by Reb Stew January 22nd 2015, 10:24 am

Thanks for posting.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Beech Bend Bowling Green, Ky Car Shows/ Drag Racing Empty Re: Beech Bend Bowling Green, Ky Car Shows/ Drag Racing

Post by FalconEddie1964 January 22nd 2015, 1:17 pm

Yeah, I'm going to try to make two of them. Man, I love that place.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil January 23rd 2015, 4:08 am

Hot Rod Reunion is the next site for the Road Devils bi-annual World Run. Members from every chapter including Europe and Australia will be in attendance. The campground will be good times my friends... Twisted Evil
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 January 23rd 2015, 8:05 pm

Really want to make it for the Tri five nationals.
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 June 9th 2015, 7:14 pm

Hey there Blue Eyed Devil..................Ya got an extra pass? I can't talk anybody into going and I'm thinking of hitting the road solo. To late to enter so I'll have to just be a spectator. My running buddy can't get off work. Hope to see ya in the campground.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil June 9th 2015, 10:04 pm

FalconEddie1964 wrote:Hey there Blue Eyed Devil..................Ya got an extra pass?  I can't talk anybody into going and I'm thinking of hitting the road solo.  To late to enter so I'll have to just be a spectator.  My running buddy can't get off work.  Hope to see ya in the campground.

I don't have an extra Doug, but someone in the group just may. I will put the word out. When are you thinking about heading down? We are leaving from Lebanon at 8am Thursday morning.
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 June 10th 2015, 1:46 pm

I was planning on going Thursday AM then be there for Friday and Saturday.  Don't know if my old 6 cylinder would keep up with a bunch of real Hot Rods.  When and where are you meeting?
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil June 10th 2015, 7:39 pm

FalconEddie1964 wrote:I was planning on going Thursday AM then be there for Friday and Saturday.  Don't know if my old 6 cylinder would keep up with a bunch of real Hot Rods.  When and where are you meeting?

We are going to have a big group so the pace won't be that rough. We have 2 planned stops that cut the trip into 3 legs - about 100 miles on the first, 80 on the second and 60 on the third. The pack will definitely get split up but we are going to try to mostly regroup at each stop. We are meeting at 7am Thursday at Colony Square Shopping Center, 726 E Main St, Lebanon, OH 45036. Leaving there at 8am sharp. If you want to at least meet up for the takeoff it should be fun.
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 June 10th 2015, 8:30 pm

Yeah, I'd like to run down there with you guys if it's OK. I don't want to impose but it might just be one of the highlights of the weekend. I wish my daughter could go along and document the ride with pictures. My old Ford isn't very fancy or classy. It's just comfortable. It might not be too presentable but it'll be clean. Are you going straight to the Park or do you have to go to registration someplace?

You going 75 to 71 to 65 to 31W to the Park? I can run over 200 miles on a tank, that puts you walking about Cave City.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil June 10th 2015, 9:33 pm

No imposing at all - You & anyone else here are more than welcome to make the run with us. I'm not worried about presentable OR clean with my car. I have both heads torn off right now so I am just shooting for RUNNING. Haha. That is the route we will take and with the two scheduled stops fuel shouldn't be an issue for anyone. We are stopping in Pendleton just north of Louisville and Glendale just south of Elizabethtown. There is a Pilot truck stop at each of those so there should be plenty of room to congregate and regroup. After the last stop some will be heading straight to the park and some will be going to the hotel for check-in. Despite my current mechanical issues I am stoked for it!!!
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 11th 2015, 12:00 am

Do you know where the first stop in Ky will be? I may cruise out just to snap some pics and say hello.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 11th 2015, 12:01 am

Never mind I seen it after I posted
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil June 11th 2015, 12:13 am

I know it's a bit of a hike to Pendleton but it would be good to see ya Steve!
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 June 11th 2015, 3:19 am

Yeah, what he said.  

I called the track today about registering since I slept at the line on registering.  They told me to just do it at the track.  I hope the weather is nice, my tent leaks.  Seems it always rains down there a little bit.  I'm really not looking forward to a water bed but the rest....YES!

If ya don't get it going, I'll have some room. That's the good thing about four doors, there's usually room for more. The front seats are from a fancy Lexus and the rear seat is original. Ya have to be able to sing though, there's no radio and not much horsepower to listen to. Ha Ha

I hope all goes well for ya getting the old hot rod going.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil June 12th 2015, 11:13 pm

Got the heads back from the machine shop today! Now time to thrash and get her all buttoned back up. Painting tonight, reassembly tomorrow and firing it up Sunday! I'll sleep when I'm dead...
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 13th 2015, 4:39 pm

cheers
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 June 14th 2015, 6:14 am

Glad you're getting it back together. You can always sleep on the way there.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by puddin head June 15th 2015, 7:42 pm

I'm leaving from Bradfordsville on Thursday. Will be camping this time. Wagons on blocks so I'll have the White Ranger and tent. Hope to see you there.
puddin head
puddin head
Scrounger

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 June 16th 2015, 1:36 pm

About where are you going to be in the Campground? I'll look for ya.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil June 16th 2015, 4:54 pm

Car should be good to go! Been driving it the last couple days and smooth sailing so far. I am ready to rock!!!
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by puddin head June 16th 2015, 6:54 pm

Have no idea where I will be. This is my first time camping. I'm only guessing it will be to the right when you come in.
puddin head
puddin head
Scrounger

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 June 16th 2015, 9:59 pm

Blue Eyed Devil wrote:Car should be good to go!  Been driving it the last couple days and smooth sailing so far.  I am ready to rock!!!

That' great. Hope to see ya Thursday morning. I've been calling around and know about a dozen people heading that way. Not in old cars though. They either have more sense or aren't up for the adventure.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil June 17th 2015, 5:21 pm

Haha driving in these old cars really is the trip for me. That's where the fun is! I hope you can make it too. We are still meeting at 7 to fuel up & have a quick driver's meeting. I have hard copies of the itinerary to pass out with addresses, maps and emergency contact info. We will be pulling out of the shopping center at 8am sharp. Can't wait! Twisted Evil
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 17th 2015, 6:01 pm

Do you happen to have the exit number for the first gas stop in Ky?
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next