{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 64 Bel air is finally home

+3
junkyard junky
Chris55
911TAZZ
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The 64 Bel air is finally home - Page 2 Empty Re: The 64 Bel air is finally home

Post by 911TAZZ January 24th 2015, 8:53 pm

A little time put into the 64 today, but my buddies son got sick and had to cut the work session short. Started getting things ready to drop the gas tank and start on the brakes. found that I have a little more rust than I first suspected. most of it in the rear, as expected. Drivers side rear body mount gone. Once I get it road worthy I'll bring it up on the hill and let you take a look at it Reb. some advice from someone more knowledgable than me would be appreciated. I hate working around someone elses schedule. Was hoping to have it running and driving by now.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

The 64 Bel air is finally home - Page 2 Empty Re: The 64 Bel air is finally home

Post by Reb Stew January 25th 2015, 3:18 pm

Bring it on up.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ April 15th 2015, 4:35 pm

She's close to being road worthy. Brakes done, fuel tank cleaned, fuel lines done, radiator checked and filled. Need to put some trans fluid in and see if/where its leaking and I should be ready to rock and roll. Anyone know anything about these door lock mechanisms on these Bel airs. The passenger side front will not latch, the lock just spins but doesn't catch.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook April 15th 2015, 4:39 pm

911TAZZ wrote:She's close to being road worthy. Brakes done, fuel tank cleaned, fuel lines done, radiator checked and filled. Need to put some trans fluid in and see if/where its leaking and I should be ready to rock and roll. Anyone know anything about these door lock mechanisms on these Bel airs. The passenger side front will not latch, the lock just spins but doesn't catch.

Wow, you've made a bunch of progress on her! Very cool and glad to see you close to getting her back on the street. Wink

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ April 19th 2015, 6:15 am

Worked on the 64 today. She wouldn't run so we put on a new fuel pump. Then she would run for a minute or two and then just shut down. Wait a minute or so and she would start right up. I know what's wrong. I took a short cut and didn't drop the tank. Dropped it today and pulled the sending unit. What an ugly mess. I think I'm just going to buy a new tank and sending unit. If the inside of the tank is half as bad as the sending unit then I might be better off. Sad Evil or Very Mad what a dummy, shouldn't have took the shortcut. Oh Well live and learn.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ April 26th 2015, 4:51 am

New fuel tank sending unit and lines are in the 64. Plus fixed the door latch. Its running and moving on its own. Getting closer.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by SMOKNZ April 26th 2015, 5:05 am

911TAZZ wrote:New fuel tank sending unit and lines are in the 64. Plus fixed the door latch. Its running and moving on its own. Getting closer.

All your hard work this past Winter, getting your Chevy running is paying off to have a great Summer. Good Times are coming Tazz!
SMOKNZ
SMOKNZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 26th 2015, 5:29 am

kool
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ June 16th 2015, 3:34 am

So the Bel air is home. Still some minor adjustments to the brakes. They are grabbing hard and wanting to pull left, plus the radiator is leaking some. We have finally came up with a name for the car. So welcome Mae Bel to the scrounger family. Any advise on the brakes its been a while since I've not really worked on drums for a while let alone none power drums.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew June 16th 2015, 6:25 am

Take the right side off and check for a leaking wheel cylinder. Check to make sure the springs and everything are all on and the brakes don't look like they are fluid soaked. If it all looks good just adjust the brakes out some.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2