{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

snowstorm

2 posters

Go down

snowstorm Empty snowstorm

Post by dieseldr November 18th 2014, 8:52 pm

The severe lake effect snow event going on in the Buffalo and surrounding area has resulted in the deployment of the national guard to assist in the cleanup, and logistics of dealing with this weather. It hasn't done a thing where I am, and hour south of buffalo, but facebooking with friends up there, they are experiencing amounts of 5+ feet of snow so far, starting late last night. They will continue to get hammered for another 24 to 72 hours. Pictures from West Seneca are amazing. Just too much. With the wind, blowing and drifting, etc, it's ugly. We are a bit colder here, with wind chills well below zero. Got any room, or jobs down there? Looks pretty appealing to get some work down there for the winter months, and summer up here. Just can't take the heat. That's why I stay here.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

snowstorm Empty Re: snowstorm

Post by dieseldr November 21st 2014, 12:11 am

5 to 10 feet of snow depending where you live near Buffalo- just unreal. A whole years' snowfall in two and a half days, and not letting up yet. This will be compounded by 60 degree temps Sunday and Monday- then the flooding starts. The driving bans will continue due to water, and not from snow. Fryin' pan, to the fire. 10 people have lost their lives in this whole mess, so far, heart attacks, mainly, some from exposure. The blizzards of 77 and 85 were tough, and record makers, but this one beats both of those. Hope they can get some relief from this soon. The county exec of Erie County told the NFL to go fly a kite with their football game scheduled for this weekend- still under a state of emergency, and the NFL is pushing for the game to go on. The NFL backed off and is looking to play the game same day somewhere else, or completely reschedule it. Unfortunately, there are still crews clearing snow with front loaders and other equipment at the stadium, stuff that could be used to open highways and medical facilities, but it's tied up at the stadium.... stooopid.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ November 21st 2014, 3:41 am

Shocked Absolutely unreal, that is why I'm not a fan of professional sports. Is all about the money. I'm afraid Humanity is lost on the rich. Stay safe my friend. Prayers sent for the entire region.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum